Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jordan Love Bandwagon Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    The deal is a fabulous move for the Packers, giving them far more control over Love in upcoming years. For that, Love gets extra cash now up front and the opportunity to earn a big time deal in the near future if he plays well.
    How do they get far more control? I think the level of control is the same?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    How do they get far more control? I think the level of control is the same?
    I agree with you. Maybe there's the small small advantage that they could give him another extension next season, rather than waiting for a fifth-year option to clear.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Tex, we have reached the point where we are operating within the current cap. All the "moves" they make now are to pay for dead money from the "moves" they made last few years. And that will continue until they stop making moves.
    That's true right up until there's a good reason for it not to be - a free agent they want to sign, one of our own we need to keep, etc. Then it's back to doing whatever needs to be done.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Get ready for some throws this year that go when the receiver isn't. Dropped passes and miscommunications happen with young players.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/...res-the-answer

That said, there's a lot of upside for the young WR/TE group.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Get ready for some throws this year that go when the receiver isn't. Dropped passes and miscommunications happen with young players.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/...res-the-answer

That said, there's a lot of upside for the young WR/TE group.
    On the flip side, the offense might be a little easier to learn for the young receivers. Won't have to learn all of Rodgers' infamous hand signals. Not as many plays being changed at the last second at the line of scrimmage. The onus will be on MLF with his play calling to avoid putting the offense in a bad matchup, which Rodgers could often get them out of with an audible.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Agree. I doubt there will be the "can't work with most rookies because I can't trust them" thing that it seemed like Rodgers had. Can impact the production if not the confidence of a young player. Jordan Love has probably thrown to Deguara more than AR.
    It will definitely be on MLF to scheme favorable matchups and also to simplify things for some of the players. The TE position is notoriously tough because they have to know the offense better than anyone except the QB.

Todd McShay's comments on Love prior to 2020 draft. Starts at 1:45.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

If Jordan Love can be even close to Herbert and not as injury-prone as Tua, he'll be okay. I won't even ask him to be as good as Burrows.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Kurt Warner does an excellent breakdown of Love:

Takeaways:
    Love is reading his keys correctly and decisively for the most part.
    His throws are accurate.

Occasionally, he forces when he shouldn't.
    His deep balls didn't have enough air to allow the receiver to adjust. Kurt thinks it's a footwork issue.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...ristian-watson

Will be interesting to see how he does over several games. He's made progress since his rookie year for sure, but it obviously remains to be seen if he is GB's next franchise QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If Jordan Love can be even close to Herbert and not as injury-prone as Tua, he'll be okay. I won't even ask him to be as good as Burrows.
    Burrow and Maholmes will be waging war in the AFC for the next decade. He is as real as they come. Poor Josh Allen and bills fans. I don't see an Owl in their future.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Other than Skin, is anyone NOT on board?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Russell Wilson in the third round was more luck than anything else when he turned out to be "NFL-ready". Ditto that to some extent with Mahomes, who of course, was drafted after a couple other seemingly more polished QBs. The best example of all, though, was overlooked: Ol' Jerry Jones picking up Dak Prescott in the 4th after a lot of people expected him to use a first round pick on a QB.

Call it drafting skill or good or bad luck in each of these cases as well as in the many busts, it is far from an exact science to snag a successful pro QB based on what he did in college.

Bottom line, it was monumentally STUPID to move up in the first round to draft Love - for reasons way beyond the most obvious one, still having the GOAT who will still be good for many more years.
    How quickly minds change.............

The Captain was one strange ranger.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I am positive if it had went down in your bizarro world scenario that would mean Rodgers wasn’t a shitty human being. It will also mean he probably talks to his parents too right? Since we are pretending. It would mean he encouraged his teammates in a constructive manner when they ran the wrong route instead of rolling his eyes like a female. But to indulge you let’s say he wasn’t a complete dbag. Yeah things are just peachy at Lambeau today.

Damn he sounds like a swell guy of you say the complete opposite of what he really is!!

So what is your stupid ass point? Don’t you live in reality? Oh wait you are the moron who blindly follow things just because they fall in line with his beliefs. What a stupid mfer you are. Wish I could get you over here with some skank bitches that would have you buy them dope all night for sex then rob you in the morning. Then we could see how Good and Normal you really are.
    Just looking back in this thread. This post is an All-Time Great for Packerrats.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post

Just looking back in this thread. This post is an All-Time Great for Packerrats.

Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    I am positive if it had went down in your bizarro world scenario that would mean Rodgers wasn’t a shitty human being. It will also mean he probably talks to his parents too right? Since we are pretending. It would mean he encouraged his teammates in a constructive manner when they ran the wrong route instead of rolling his eyes like a female. But to indulge you let’s say he wasn’t a complete dbag. Yeah things are just peachy at Lambeau today.

Damn he sounds like a swell guy of you say the complete opposite of what he really is!!

So what is your stupid ass point? Don’t you live in reality? Oh wait you are the moron who blindly follow things just because they fall in line with his beliefs. What a stupid mfer you are. Wish I could get you over here with some skank bitches that would have you buy them dope all night for sex then rob you in the morning. Then we could see how Good and Normal you really are.
    There should be a Rats Posting Hall of Fame and then of Shame.

Has to be a minimum 2 year old post and put up for voting on by all rats. It could be priceless! This one sure is!!!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damn that’s some blind rage, what was I even pissed about?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Other than Skin, is anyone NOT on board?
    It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up not being a long term starter but right now he looks like he's going to be a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    There should be a Rats Posting Hall of Fame and then of Shame.

Has to be a minimum 2 year old post and put up for voting on by all rats. It could be priceless! This one sure is!!!
    I'm quite sure I can man some spots on both lists.....as can most of us.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.