Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Official Jordan Love Bandwagon Thread:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    The deal is a fabulous move for the Packers, giving them far more control over Love in upcoming years. For that, Love gets extra cash now up front and the opportunity to earn a big time deal in the near future if he plays well.
    How do they get far more control? I think the level of control is the same?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    How do they get far more control? I think the level of control is the same?
    I agree with you. Maybe there's the small small advantage that they could give him another extension next season, rather than waiting for a fifth-year option to clear.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

By extending Jordan now, it splits the cap hit to some this year and some the next. Jordan gets his dinner a little early, and the Packers don't have to put all $22M on the 2024 cap. I guess that's "kicking the can back to us."

I don't think there's a tremendous amount of savings if we had to cut Jordan (we'd have the signing bonus accelerate to this year if he craps the bed), but it's some money he wouldn't get, which is a little bit of motivation. And if we had to cut him, we'd be paying someone else to start, so that's a pretty high bar to want to get rid of him. If we got rid of him this year, we'd have 3 starting QBs on our cap expense.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Get ready for some throws this year that go when the receiver isn't. Dropped passes and miscommunications happen with young players.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/...res-the-answer

That said, there's a lot of upside for the young WR/TE group.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Get ready for some throws this year that go when the receiver isn't. Dropped passes and miscommunications happen with young players.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/...res-the-answer

That said, there's a lot of upside for the young WR/TE group.
    On the flip side, the offense might be a little easier to learn for the young receivers. Won't have to learn all of Rodgers' infamous hand signals. Not as many plays being changed at the last second at the line of scrimmage. The onus will be on MLF with his play calling to avoid putting the offense in a bad matchup, which Rodgers could often get them out of with an audible.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Agree. I doubt there will be the "can't work with most rookies because I can't trust them" thing that it seemed like Rodgers had. Can impact the production if not the confidence of a young player. Jordan Love has probably thrown to Deguara more than AR.
    It will definitely be on MLF to scheme favorable matchups and also to simplify things for some of the players. The TE position is notoriously tough because they have to know the offense better than anyone except the QB.

Todd McShay's comments on Love prior to 2020 draft. Starts at 1:45.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

If Jordan Love can be even close to Herbert and not as injury-prone as Tua, he'll be okay. I won't even ask him to be as good as Burrows.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If Jordan Love can be even close to Herbert and not as injury-prone as Tua, he'll be okay. I won't even ask him to be as good as Burrows.
    Burrow and Maholmes will be waging war in the AFC for the next decade. He is as real as they come. Poor Josh Allen and bills fans. I don't see an Owl in their future.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Kurt Warner does an excellent breakdown of Love:

Takeaways:
    Love is reading his keys correctly and decisively for the most part.
    His throws are accurate.

Occasionally, he forces when he shouldn't.
    His deep balls didn't have enough air to allow the receiver to adjust. Kurt thinks it's a footwork issue.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...ristian-watson

Will be interesting to see how he does over several games. He's made progress since his rookie year for sure, but it obviously remains to be seen if he is GB's next franchise QB.

Other than Skin, is anyone NOT on board?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Other than Skin, is anyone NOT on board?
    It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up not being a long term starter but right now he looks like he's going to be a good player.

The Captain was one strange ranger.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damn that’s some blind rage, what was I even pissed about?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Damn that’s some blind rage, what was I even pissed about?
    Tex was talking shit about Rodgers and it got around to the infamous "autograph incident". This lit your fuse and you went off on him. You then posted this classic. It ought to be engraved in granite and placed at the entrance of PackerRats.

This whole thread is a classic in itself.

hahahahaha If that's what floats your boat. If all ya'll can do is go back and dig up my old posts, you're pretty pathetic. I said a couple weeks ago I was wrong about how good Love would be and how soon. The Rodgers haters - which inexplicably there are a lot of in here, like to whine about how pushing him out was a great thing. I don't know whether Gutekunst was such a genius that he was fairly sure Love would turn out to be as great as he is getting to be or not. What I still stand by, though, was that Rodgers would have been great for 3-5 or more years. I'm fairly sure he still will be. Would he have messed up his Achilles if he still was with the Packers? It's a stretch to say either yes or no about that. Would the Packers have done better than 9-8 this year with a healthy Rodgers? I say probably yes, but I'd concede that's debatable.

What I advocated several times was to keep Rodgers and find a way to keep Love too. THAT would have maximized things both short and long term, although admittedly it wouldn't have been easy to do.

Here we are on the brink of the playoffs, and the usual suspects of whiny piss ants are nipping at my heels hahahaha. How many of ya'all were all in on Love from the beginning? How many of ya'all hopped on the Love Train as early as I did?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Would the Packers have done better than 9-8 this year with a healthy Rodgers? I say probably yes, but I'd concede that's debatable.
    Problem is Rodgers would have insisted on us keeping Cobb and Lazard. You would have had Wicks and Reed #5 and #6 on the depth chart and there's no way either of them would have more than 15-20 catches. Those guys might have fallen through the cracks while he almost exclusively threw to the other 4 guys whenever possible.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArrow View Post
    Problem is Rodgers would have insisted on us keeping Cobb and Lazard. You would have had Wicks and Reed #5 and #6 on the depth chart and there's no way either of them would have more than 15-20 catches. Those guys might have fallen through the cracks while he almost exclusively threw to the other 4 guys whenever possible.
    He also wouldn't have involved Musgraves or Kraft like Love did.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston