Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Official Jordan Love Bandwagon Thread:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    If only they drafted Tee Higgins instead of Jordan Love...
    When I saw the Packers traded up in that draft, I actually thought they were going to draft Patrick Queen.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d=nhym4lcyn4q7

It's bleacher report, but top 10 contract would be ridiculously cheap. Top 3 is what I worried.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d=nhym4lcyn4q7

It's bleacher report, but top 10 contract would be ridiculously cheap. Top 3 is what I worried.
    Top 10 for 5 years would be perfect. Would be cap fair the entire duration of the deal. Consider Love only showed us half a season so far and I think its fair for both sides.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Top 10 for 5 years would be perfect. Would be cap fair the entire duration of the deal. Consider Love only showed us half a season so far and I think its fair for both sides.
    Top 10 is the bottom end of fair. Top 3 is the top end of fair. Top 6-7 seems like middle ground to me.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Top 10 is the bottom end of fair. Top 3 is the top end of fair. Top 6-7 seems like middle ground to me.
    I agree it will be top 3 when its done, but do you think Love has proven beyond doubt to be top 3 QB? Maholmes and Burrow are hands downs superior. Then you got some proven guys including MVP winner Lamar Jackson. Josh Allen, Stafford (who you said is a HoF guy). These guys have all proven it for more than a 10 game run. Given the state of things if they give him top 5 money, but only for 4 years (including ripping up this year) it would seem fair to me. But we live in the NFL. Likely he gets 5 years and its the richest deal ever signed.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I agree it will be top 3 when its done, but do you think Love has proven beyond doubt to be top 3 QB? Maholmes and Burrow are hands downs superior. Then you got some proven guys including MVP winner Lamar Jackson. Josh Allen, Stafford (who you said is a HoF guy). These guys have all proven it for more than a 10 game run. Given the state of things if they give him top 5 money, but only for 4 years (including ripping up this year) it would seem fair to me. But we live in the NFL. Likely he gets 5 years and its the richest deal ever signed.
    I had a dream last night that Jordan Love signed a deal and I got a notification and was trying to be the first one to report it at packerrats, haha.

Anyway, I don’t think he’s getting top 3. That’s 50M. And I don’t think he’s getting top 10, that’s 40M. Top 6 or 7 makes sense. A little better than Kyler Murray.

Less than Joe Burrow (55 M)
    More than Daniel Jones (40M)

47M per year, 6th highest paid QB in the league. Take it to the bank.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Less than Joe Burrow (55 M)
    More than Daniel Jones (40M)

47M per year, 6th highest paid QB in the league. Take it to the bank.
    I like this here. Just throw in some kinda SB escalator clause and we are good.

As a fan, you'd like to see him go more toward that Tom Brady road, where you sign a good deal but one that allows the team to continue to pay other positions. I mean, if you're getting 30 million a year, holy cow, how much do you really need? Throw a few State Farm commercials in there (though all the white people will get him mixed up with Jake from State Farm), and you're set for life.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    As a fan, you'd like to see him go more toward that Tom Brady road, where you sign a good deal but one that allows the team to continue to pay other positions.
    As a GM, you want to do the Brady/Michael Jordan thing where you convince them to take less money for the good of the team and then never sign any expensive free agents.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    As a GM, you want to do the Brady/Michael Jordan thing where you convince them to take less money for the good of the team and then never sign any expensive free agents.
    Maybe Ted would've done that, but I don't think Guter would. He seems okay with signing expensive free agents to make the team better, when it makes sense. There isn't any upside in the NFL to not use the cap space.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The Packers really are trying to keep their cap situation manageable. Jordan Love really is trying to get a guaranteed 70M dollars. Everyone really does see that he only had a 10 game sample.

I don’t know if his team is going to be so stubborn that they can’t bend a percentage point or two.

He isn't in top 3 money -- yet. He has things to prove IMO. Somewhere between top 5 and top 10 would be about right, although in 3 years it might look like a bargain. QBs make crazy money.)

Matthew Stafford is a good QB, but he's not a HOF QB. He was a serious stat-padder until he got traded for the Rams and had Cooper Kupp and Aaron Donald bailing him out. I don't think Eli Manning is a HOF QB, even though I think his case is stronger than Stafford's.
    Winning a SB doesn't make you a HOF player. (See: Dilfer, Trent; Johnson, Brad; Hostetler, Jeff, etc.)

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The number one reason to not give him big money is because of such a small sample huh? That’s not really true. Love has been with the team for years, he was drafted for this moment. When the time came to perform, with a lot of pressure, he showed he could do it. Then he showed he could snap out of a funk (very important). Then goes on a tear and if it weren’t for one bad throw at the end he might’ve taken out the Super Bowl runner up in only his second playoff game. A team the last guy couldn’t get past. Would have been a tremendous upset and look forward to the rematch at Lambeau. Could be for home field. Oh yeah, also beat the SB winner.

The team has to pay someone at QB so instead of asking if they should really need to ask why wouldn’t you. Rodgers got his done before he ever won a playoff game. Then he got the fat one after SB win right? The timing is right to do it now in a team friendly way.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    The number one reason to not give him big money is because of such a small sample huh? That’s not really true. Love has been with the team for years, he was drafted for this moment. When the time came to perform, with a lot of pressure, he showed he could do it. Then he showed he could snap out of a funk (very important).
    Not only that, but something similar... the thing that maybe impressed me the most about Love is that he never let a setback or mistake get into his head. With Favre, and Rodgers, if they made a mistake or even if something just went wrong that wasn't their fault, they'd often carry that into the next snap or couple of snaps. Especially in their younger years. You could see the way it affected their play; they'd try to get it all back on the next down.

But Love? I don't thnk it ever really saw that. He'd come right back under center, and just do what he needed to do - just stick with the plan, wasn't affected at all. Whatever went wrong on the previous snap was just over with; it was in the past, and now the next snap is a chance to do it better.

You can't rattle this man. He seems to have complete confidence in himself, but not in a cocky, arrogant way. It's just that he's got a job to do, and a plan for how to do it, and that's that. You don't see that kind of poise and composure in very many first-year starters.

This kid's the real deal.

The team has to pay someone at QB so instead of asking if they should really need to ask why wouldn’t you. Rodgers got his done before he ever won a playoff game. Then he got the fat one after SB win right? The timing is right to do it now in a team friendly way.
    What’s crazy is 47M per year is team friendly. Additionally, he has one year left on an existing deal for 12M or so.

There are a lot of ways it could go, but unless he signs for Joe Burrow proven elite young QB money, it’s going to be a steal when you average in that existing year.

What’s crazy is 47M per year is team friendly. Additionally, he has one year left on an existing deal for 12M or so.

There are a lot of ways it could go, but unless he signs for Joe Burrow proven elite young QB money, it’s going to be a steal when you average in that existing year.
    That's what I was thinking - that 47 mil for a year is team friendly.

KYPack

The number one reason to not give him big money is because of such a small sample huh? That’s not really true. Love has been with the team for years, he was drafted for this moment. When the time came to perform, with a lot of pressure, he showed he could do it. Then he showed he could snap out of a funk (very important). Then goes on a tear and if it weren’t for one bad throw at the end he might’ve taken out the Super Bowl runner up in only his second playoff game. A team the last guy couldn’t get past. Would have been a tremendous upset and look forward to the rematch at Lambeau. Could be for home field. Oh yeah, also beat the SB winner.

I'm on the wagon Mad, but I could easily point out 7-8 horrible throw/decisions he made in the last 10 games. The one against SF just happened to get picked off whereas he got somewhat lucky on most of the others. My best guess is that he will be a very good QB as long as we surround him with talent, but I don't think he will ever ascend to a true top 5 QB...and I'll be very happy with a perennial top 10 QB.