Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jordan Love Bandwagon Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    I have zero confidence in Love. It's his confidence, command in the huddle, the head stuff.
    I feel the exact opposite. I love his calmness in the pocket. He's got swag, and his teammates seem to gravitate to him. Even in the one preseason game, he kept his composure--despite the OL playing poorly in front of him. That checkdown to A.J. Dillon and the pass to Sternberger being two examples. I also liked the way he easily threw "off platform".

My main concern with Love is not arm strength, accuracy, mental aptitude, leadership. It's the fact he has a bit of a windup, and I don't think he's the quickest getting the ball out. Hopefully, he can improve on that.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Harvey, I’ve never noticed a wind up. Favre had a wind up. Love is a little longer. It reminds me of when Brady throws, the motion is just a little smoother and less sudden than Rodgers. But an actual wind up, I don’t see that. A longer, smoother throwing motion though. Just not coming down and around the way you’re saying. It’s efficient but from a longer body.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    Ok.

I've seen enough. Hope Love has a great career and proves me wrong, but I am on the Benkert band wagon. I don't think love has what it takes and don't think he will, something I've been watching to see for a while. Benkert won't ever be great but he doesn't have any expectations.
    So Jaire is a 'maybe'?

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I feel the exact opposite. I love his calmness in the pocket. He's got swag, and his teammates seem to gravitate to him. Even in the one preseason game, he kept his composure--despite the OL playing poorly in front of him. That checkdown to A.J. Dillon and the pass to Sternberger being two examples. I also liked the way he easily threw "off platform".

My main concern with Love is not arm strength, accuracy, mental aptitude, leadership. It's the fact he has a bit of a windup, and I don't think he's the quickest getting the ball out. Hopefully, he can improve on that.
    My concerns are accuracy and mental aptitude. I haven't really noticed the slow throwing motion but Byron Leftwich comes to mind lol.

Love has a great arm, but to me from what I've seen it's not very accurate.

But everyone in the NFL has a pretty good arm and is reasonably accurate. The mental part is what separates the backups from the top notch starters.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Love has a great arm, but to me from what I've seen it's not very accurate.
    I think most Packer fans are clueless about the relative accuracy of NFL QBs after watching 30 years of HOF caliber QB play.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Love has a really nice release. It's not as quick as Rodgers, but almost no one in the league can compare with Rodgers in that department.

If by that, ya'all mean with a little bit of polish and experience, he could be an average, maybe even slightly above average NFL QB, yeah, I suppose. To me, though, somehow that ain't quite enough. Hell, you could bring back Favre right now, and he'd be that. Aaron Rodgers in his early to mid fifties would probably still be that.

And that doesn't say anything at all about the most important factor of all: attitude/mindset/whatever not to throw interceptions. You would think Love would have a healthy dose of that by now after watching Rodgers for a year plus, but no. He put it up for grabs and threw one, and very well could have had one or two others last Saturday.

Trade Love to some team that would be satisfied with a QB of that level - get a 4th, 3rd, or if we're really lucky maybe a 2nd round pick, and just ride Rodgers as long as possible.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Love has a really nice release. It's not as quick as Rodgers, but almost no one in the league can compare with Rodgers in that department.

I hope I'm wrong but to me Love seems like he'll be a decent middle of the road starter that we spent draft picks about 3 years too early. You don't let AROD walk out the door for this
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but to me Love seems like he'll be a decent middle of the road starter that we spent draft picks about 3 years too early. You don't let AROD walk out the door for this
    If this is true - and all of us hope it's not, and that Love Wins, as they say - but if it's true, then the Packers have this season to realize what Love is and to fix their mistake.

But it took me about fifty years to figure out what Love really is, so I'm not hopeful the Packers can learn that in three years.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

"There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Good watch, Harv.

I see what you mean about his throwing motion, it's fast, but it's loopy.

I thought Love’s arm talent was what I expected. He had a lot of good moments. He threw with timing and anticipation. Good footwork. All of that was maybe better than expected. He threw off platform. The negative was the two panicked throws. Hopefully, those are just rookie mistakes. When he played on schedule from the pocket, he looked calm. When things went sideways, he okay in the first game and awful in the third game. Lots of guys go through that—Favre, Manning, Allen. Overall, I was relatively encouraged. I think most outside of the Packers fans that didn’t like the pick feel the same way. We have a great situation at QB and RB. Probably the best depth chart in the league at those two positions. The pass catchers look strong. OL is encouraging, if Bakh comes back soon. I feel better about the DL, worse about the OLBs. Depth at CB (after the first 4) is disappointing. Safeties were mostly solid. Not sure how to get a read on the ILBs. Barnes looked good. Campbell didn’t play. McDuffie has his moments. Wilborn too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Exactly. And if you have a middle of the road NFL starter what are you even doing? You move on every single year until you have a star at the spot or you will win exactly nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Exactly. And if you have a middle of the road NFL starter what are you even doing? You move on every single year until you have a star at the spot or you will win exactly nothing.
    Just got off the phone with Ozzie Newsome. He disagrees. As does Jim Mcmahon, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, and Nick Foles. I'll throw in Russell Wilson (very over rated). If it wasn't for Tom Brady winning 7 of them since 2003 I could add to that list. Tom is pretty effing good, but honestly its easier when you have the #1 defense every year and play in the AFC East.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Other QBs who made the big game and lost: Tony Eason, Boomer Esiason, Stan Humphries, Neil ODonnell, Drew Bledsoe, Chris Chandler, Kerry Collins, Rich Gannon, Jake Delhomme, Matt Hasselback, Rex Grossman, Colin Kapernick, Jared Goff and Jimmy Garopallo.

I don't consider making it to the Owl as winning exactly nothing. And if thats all that matters I could go on and on about all the great QBs who made 1 or zero Owls.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Gannon was an MVP and Boomer Esaison was a damn good player.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Just got off the phone with Ozzie Newsome. He disagrees. As does Jim Mcmahon, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, and Nick Foles. I'll throw in Russell Wilson (very over rated). If it wasn't for Tom Brady winning 7 of them since 2003 I could add to that list. Tom is pretty effing good, but honestly its easier when you have the #1 defense every year and play in the AFC East.
    Trent Dilfer had a historically good defense. Eli Manning was a very, very good player in his good years - have you forgotten his last name? Flacco also was playing great and was given the biggest contract ever given to a QB after his SB win - showing that he was a top notch QB.

The ones that are successful are outliers. I will die on this hill - if you don't have a top notch QB, you should be moving heaven and earth and cycling through them until you do.

All of that is great if you like a flash-in-the-pan/boom or bust team like most of those QBs played on. I prefer a consistent winner like what we've had for going on thirty years with Favre and Rodgers. I'll take that over say for example, 5 or 6 SB winners in 30 years along with 10-20 losing records.

CMI, I agree with your post except the part about Eli, who I never considered more than mediocre.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Is that they choke in playoffs consistently

A picture of Jordan Loves looping motion that Harvey talks about.

12 benefited from that high carriage he had in college. It trained him to have a short throwing motion, almost like throwing darts with little windup. Loves is a little more common.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.