Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jordan Love Bandwagon Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'd add this; there are tons of people/announcers/former GM's.....who have questioned the timing and what we gave up to draft Jordan Love. They are not all stupid
    A lot of them are.

8 years ?

Rodgers will be lucky to even come close to repeating last year.

8 years ?

I can’t stop laughing. Rodgers will be lucky to still be playing 3 years from now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    8 years ?

I would not say 8 years. But 3 to 5 might be practical if he takes care of himself like Brady. He has a rocket arm, is in great shape, and is mobile so he has those things working for him.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I can’t stop laughing. Rodgers will be lucky to still be playing 3 years from now.

Are you in the middle of the Love Train then ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Being realistic about Rodgers does not immediately make someone a passenger on that train.

Rodgers is *better* when he plays in an immobile fashion and gets the ball out quickly. Given that - why couldn’t he play for quite a while longer? When things go bad and he looks like crap are when he tries to be mobile and extend plays.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I don't know about that tex. Time will tell. In order for the Packers to get a similar quality QB in this years' draft, they'd have had to move up all the way to 11 to draft Fields. Who knows when a QB of Love's caliber will be available in '22 or '23. It kind of makes me doubt your ability to evaluate players or the NFL landscape at all, honestly, when you call drafting Love stupid...
    There are bottom of round one guys like love every year. He is not a special prospect or an elite WB prospect by anyone’s definition except for Chris Simms.

Drafting a mid-first talent like Love that falls to the end of the first is not the same as drafting a mid-second WR at the end of the first, and neither are elite players that can contribute right now. Justin Jefferson, who the Packers would have preferred to draft, was not available and so the Packers took the last remaining blue chip player with the trade they already had in place.

Conflating what we could have taken there for Jefferson is what has people with these inane takes looking like fools. Takes like the one you just shat out, CMI. Just stop. You look like a damn retard.

The whiners and detractors can whine and detract all they want, but the GOAT will still be the GOAT a long long time, and it will be a damn shame if it isn't in Green Bay. Ya'all Love lovers can have him hahahaha. He's not a piece of crap, but he's not and never will be the quality of Aaron Rodgers, not now, not 1 or 2 or 3 years, etc. I wouldn't bet that Rodgers actually decides to play 8 more years (or more), although I certainly wouldn't rule it out. What I would bet on is that Rodgers even that far in the future would be a better QB than Jordan Love - that's no knock on Love, as I'd say the same for just about anybody else, save for a couple or three legitimate possibilities to have almost Rodgers-like careers.

Claiming to be "realistic" is the realm of balls-less anti-homer fools. If the shoe fits .......
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    He's not a piece of crap, but he's not and never will be the quality of Aaron Rodgers
    It is a valid position that this statement might apply to every other quarterback to ever lace up cleats in the NFL, and it certainly applies to all except a handful of others.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Claiming to be "realistic" is the realm of balls-less anti-homer fools. If the shoe fits .......
    You're pathetic. Keep your damn shoe.

You indeed stumbled onto an acorn of truth hahahahaha. That's exactly what I've been saying, and exactly why it was so bonehead STUPID to draft him and stir up the mess that Gutekunst did, accidentally or otherwise, and I lean toward otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Drafting a mid-first talent like Love that falls to the end of the first is not the same as drafting a mid-second WR at the end of the first, and neither are elite players that can contribute right now. Justin Jefferson, who the Packers would have preferred to draft, was not available and so the Packers took the last remaining blue chip player with the trade they already had in place.

Conflating what we could have taken there for Jefferson is what has people with these inane takes looking like fools. Takes like the one you just shat out, CMI. Just stop. You look like a damn retard.
    Disagree, and I really don't think I do. Literally no one except for Chris Simms, Harvey and apparently you think Love was a top notch prospect. I don't see it, personally, but I also haven't watched the games like Harvey. I think it's very likely he wasn't a first rounder this year - in a much better QB draft year. To compare him to Justin Fields is laughable - sorry - JFields is one of _the most elite prospects_ out of high school ever. Love was a 2 star prospect who didn't even start in high school until his senior year. Hard work goes a long way but the odds are this dude is not another JJ Watt type meteoric rise.

Love can make all the throws - but so can everyone else drafted into the NFL high. It takes more than that.

Aaron Rodgers hit the nail on the head in his interview last year with Kyle Brandt. GM's draft their guys and want to play their guys because it gives them time. I really don't think anyone believes that Jordan Love is likely to win more football games for the Packers over the next 5 years, so to me the move makes very little sense.

Do you even understand how star ratings work for high school football programs? I was a two-star recruit, and I trust even you can understand my meaning and how comparing or referencing star ratings is laughable in this context.

Fields would be drafted ahead of Love in the same draft class, I'd think, because of the college track record. But they're on the same tier of pro prospect. One tier above Mac Jones. You might not have the experience to understand how valuable it is to get a guy like Love where we got him, and I'm sure you're jaded because of seeing so much play from Favre and Rodgers over the last three decades, but it's hard to argue with the value we got at the pick.

I also do believe that drafting Love reignited Rodgers' competitive fire last season. If we'd come through and beat TB and won a championship last season - a very near thing - drafting Love would have been worth it just for that. I'm not saying this is a primary cause. I'm just saying it's a non-zero element to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Disagree, and I really don't think I do. Literally no one except for Chris Simms, Harvey and apparently you think Love was a top notch prospect.
    We’re hardly the only ones who think Love has a chance, but I’ll take full credit when he pans out.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

And I'll take most of the credit - a little bit shared with CMI hahahaha - if he flounders or at best is fairly mediocre. HOPEFULLY that future will be with some other team, and we'll just keep sailing along with Rodgers.

I'm a fan of Rodgers. If I had to pick, I would rather we let Rodgers just play as long as he was effective. BUT, that doesn't also preclude the organization from taking steps to safeguard against the eventuality of his loss of skill, availability, or both.

Doing that at the right time and in a sensible way, yeah. But STUPIDLY trying to force out the GOAT QB somewhere between a few and many years too early just shouldn't happen. Gutekunst has been generally a good GM in every context other than this one - which is kinda like the old line, "but other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?" If he succeeds in his STUPIDITY, he needs to get run out of Green Bay despite any other good he has done.

I actually advocated drafting Lamar Jackson a few years ago because he could have been used as a change of pace running QB for a few plays - the Taysom Hill thing in a MUCH better way. Whether we could have kept him around until Rodgers finally gets less effective is doubtful, but at least we could have had a useful added dimension in the mean time. Love ain't that at all - not even remotely close athletically to Jackson (if anybody at all is). He's just a waste if we never use him, and the alternative is MUCH worse - the Gutekunst STUPIDITY, forcing Rodgers out and losing with Love.

Love is on the Packers. I'm rooting for him.
    I'm hardly on the bandwagon yet, though.

Objectively speaking, when you have shit for QB depth and your starting QB will be 40 when his contract expires, there's nothing wrong with picking a talented QB who is there in R1 whereabouts he's projected to be.
    Losing Rodgers because of the Love pick would be dumb.