Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jordan Love Bandwagon Thread:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    You can have a top Qb with a top hit like Green Bay and push things into the future and give yourself a good shot right now. Or you can have Lamar on a rookie deal and win. Or you can get Brady on a discount like he likes to do. There are lots of ways and lots of QBs who could win it.
    You can call me Ray. Or you can call me Raymond. Or you can call me Jay. Or you can call me Jayson.

Just don't call me late for dinner.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

All aboard, coming aboard. The Jordan Love bandwagon is about to leave the dock.

Blog Entries
    All aboard, coming aboard. The Jordan Love bandwagon is about to leave the dock.

Laughs at RG who is going out free drugs to anybody willing to get on the wagon
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Bandwagon leaving the dock?

We're sunk.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Bandwagon leaving the dock?

We're sunk.
    One of the more subtle and clever posts I've seen.

Thank you.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I'm still on board. I think Love has the potential to become a strong starting QB. That doesn't mean he's going to lead us to a win against the Chiefs, but I expect him to play well for his first NFL start.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I'm still on board. I think Love has the potential to become a strong starting QB. That doesn't mean he's going to lead us to a win against the Chiefs, but I expect him to play well for his first NFL start.

If Love plays remotely well they should win
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Love does not have Covid. Love reigns supreme.
    C.H.U.D.

CHOO-CHOO!!

Blog Entries
    PRESENT, or FUTURE PACKERRAT PARTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s5xsVHOJQs

I'm all aboard. I'm hoping that he looks like the future. The difference between him looking great and looking not great is at least 3 first round picks and an added decade of winning football. If he flops we get another 3-4 years of Rodgers dominance, no picks and the we have to pray that we can hit on the next "heir apparent"
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I can't say I WANT Love to flop - he's a Packer after all, but even if he was as good or better than any of ya'all dream he could be, he would NOT be as good as Rodgers, not now, not 3-4 years from now, probably not 5-7 or even more years from now. Virtually nobody would be. If Love looks even a little bit good, certain dumbasses are inevitably gonna be whining about moving on from Rodgers, and it might push Gutekunst in that idiotic direction too. It's a rotten depressing situation any way you look at it.

What I expect in this game is that Love will be ok, maybe even borderline good, but it won't be enough for the Packers to win even against a team that is getting on the downside like K.C. Why then could the Cowboys for example go on the road and win against the Vikings with Cooper Rush instead of Dak? Because the Cowboys are a lot more talented team overall than the Packers outside of the QB and because as good as Dak is, he is still way short of Aaron Rodgers.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I can't say I WANT Love to flop - he's a Packer after all, but even if he was as good or better than any of ya'all dream he could be, he would NOT be as good as Rodgers, not now, not 3-4 years from now, probably not 5-7 or even more years from now. Virtually nobody would be. If Love looks even a little bit good, certain dumbasses are inevitably gonna be whining about moving on from Rodgers, and it might push Gutekunst in that idiotic direction too. It's a rotten depressing situation any way you look at it.

What I expect in this game is that Love will be ok, maybe even borderline good, but it won't be enough for the Packers to win even against a team that is getting on the downside like K.C. Why then could the Cowboys for example go on the road and win against the Vikings with Cooper Rush instead of Dak? Because the Cowboys are a lot more talented team overall than the Packers outside of the QB and because as good as Dak is, he is still way short of Aaron Rodgers.
    2 years later he is better than Rodgers 2 most recent seasons. In conclusion you were wrong. And yes, I know you are glad Love is looking good.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I agree, Tex, but I don't mind seeing what Love can do for a couple games. Packers still in good shape if they drop a couple games. AR can use a little humbling.

I could care less about him. He's not the next big anything.

Quote Originally Posted by scharpcheddar View Post
    I could care less about him. He's not the next big anything.
    So your saying you care.

Since he will be the starting qb for my favorite football team, I hope he plays well, but he may not. He obviously lacks experience so this will be a great chance for him to get a feel of the real speed of an NFL game. As far as what he could become, who knows. There were a few years were no one thought Rodgers would be much of anything.

I am excited to see how it goes.

I’m really excited to see him play. Guys like Mahommes and Dak have played well early. There’s a chance we get a monster performance out of him and the future would look bright. I’m hopeful.

If he stinks, like bobble says, then you go back to Rodgers and try to hash out a 4 year extension.

And then you move to draft another high pick as soon as something slips again.

If he stinks, like bobble says, then you go back to Rodgers and try to hash out a 4 year extension.
    I think that ship has already sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I think that ship has already sailed.
    Or that bandwagon has left the port...

KYPack

I think something like below would be a GREAT start

-----

Aaron Rodgers and the Packers Handle the Vikings in Rodgers' First Start, 24-19

SEPTEMBER 8, 2008

Aaron Rodgers was very impressive in his first start for the Green Bay Packers, going 18-for-22 for 178 yards and a touchdown while also accumulating a touchdown run as the Packers defeated the Minnesota Vikings 24-19.

The Packers were outgained by the Vikings 357-319 but the Vikings were only 1 for 3 in the red zone and Tarvaris Jackson only went 16 for 35 with 178 yards, a touchdown, and an interception.

This was Rodgers' first start of his NFL career and his first career win. Rodgers performed much better than expected, but it was against a pass defense that was the worst in the NFL last year. Packers fans shouldn't expect too much more of this, but Rodgers showed that he isn't a mediocre player tonight.

Perhaps the highlight of the game was after Rodgers' 1-yard touchdown run with 6:03 left in which he took his first "Lambeau Leap" into the stands. That gave the Packers a 24-12 lead. The Vikings would score once more, but could not recover the onside kick. The Packers had to give the ball back but Jackson was picked off on Minnesota's last drive.

The biggest play of the game was Will Blackmon's 76-yard punt return for a touchdown that gave the Packers a 17-6 lead in the third quarter. Adrian Peterson gained 103 yards on 19 carries with a touchdown for the Vikings and Ryan Grant gained 92 yards on 12 carries with a long run of 57 for the Packers.