Fair enough.

Thanks.

Trade is for a 2022 6th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    Trade is for a 2022 6th round pick.
    Texans help pay salary.

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero
    The #Packers are trading a 2022 sixth-round pick to the #Texans for WR Randall Cobb, source said. Houston is also expected to pay $3 million of Cobb’s salary to facilitate the deal. Aaron Rodgers gets his man.
    3:21 PM · Jul 28, 2021 from Green Bay, WI

Well, at least we didn't give much. And Houston paying $3m out of $8m makes it not quite so bad.

The ONLY reason I'd say this trade is acceptable at all is to please Rodgers. On the other hand, that's a pretty powerful reason to do it.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Well, at least we didn't give much. And Houston paying $3m out of $8m makes it not quite so bad.

The ONLY reason I'd say this trade is acceptable at all is to please Rodgers. On the other hand, that's a pretty powerful reason to do it.
    Yeah, 5 million dollar cap hit this year and less then 8 if we keep him next year isn't the end of the world, even if he is mediocre at best these days

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

Was listening to ESPN 1070 Steve the Homer True today

He chatted with AROD and Cobb about 3 weeks ago; both were hoping to be in GB about now. I think these discussions have been in the works
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Yeah, 5 million dollar cap hit this year and less then 8 if we keep him next year isn't the end of the world, even if he is mediocre at best these days
    I think we get the whole cap hit unless Houston updated the contract before the trade. We only have to pay the 5 million for cash purposes.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Expensive for a guy that will be hurt for 10 of 17 games.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I think we get the whole cap hit unless Houston updated the contract before the trade. We only have to pay the 5 million for cash purposes.
    I read that houston is keeping 3.25 of the cap hit due to signing bonus, just like even if we traded 12 we would still have been dinged 14 mill.(or something like that)
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    There's a 16 man practice squad this year. They'll be able to keep anyone they want very much.
    I was not aware of this. Are there any stipulations on its usage: Like say, accrued years limit, so only players with x or less years can be placed on it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    I was not aware of this. Are there any stipulations on its usage: Like say, accrued years limit, so only players with x or less years can be placed on it ?
    From your fingers to God's ears.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ter-rules-2021

16-man squad.
    4 can be protected from poaching.
    6 can be veterans.
    2 can be called up the day before.
    1 can be a COVID-emergency call-up as late as 90 minutes before kickoff
    Unlimited Injured Reserve callbacks; 3-week minimum on IR

The only thing I didn't read that I'm curious about is any quarantine requirements for street free-agents.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I read that houston is keeping 3.25 of the cap hit due to signing bonus, just like even if we traded 12 we would still have been dinged 14 mill.(or something like that)
    Per Sportrac, the Texans must have converted $3M of this season's salary to a roster or option bonus. Sportrac claims their Dead Money for Cobb is $5M for this season ($3M salary + $2M prorated signing bonus) and $2M on 2022's cap (remainder of signing bonus). I thought teams had to eat signing bonuses on trades against their salary cap, just as if they cut the player.

That's nice for Cobb. That $3M from Houston is now due to him whether or not he makes GB's final roster. He'd have to have two arms and a leg fall off to miss the cut in Green Bay, but the Texans could have threatened to waive him before Opening Day to negate his guaranteed salary and active-roster bonuses.
    Last edited by NewsBruin; 07-30-2021 at 12:03 AM.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

4 can be protected from poaching ....... that pretty much increases the roster from 53 to 57. These new rules, I would guess, are especially helpful to a deep team like the Packers. It's a damn shame every year when seemingly good players get cut. There should be less of that this year.

I wonder what if any effect on the cap there is having those extra 4 protected and up to 6 veterans on the PS.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    Per Sportrac
    That's nice for Cobb. That $3M from Houston is now due to him whether or not he makes GB's final roster. He'd have to have two arms and a leg fall off to miss the cut in Green Bay, but the Texans could have threatened to waive him before Opening Day to negate his guaranteed salary and active-roster bonuses.

CLASSIC ENDING; AROD MARVELS ABOUT COBB

RANDALL COBB IS CUT THE NEXT DAY .....lol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I wonder who else they might bring back…Hopefully, not Jake Kumerow.
    Folks in Buffalo and upper New York are chirping about Kumerow’s extraordinary camp. Says the White Jesus looks like the Mafias’ best wideout not named Diggs.

Thanks, German Shepherd!
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Folks in Buffalo and upper New York are chirping about Kumerow’s extraordinary camp. Says the White Jesus looks like the Mafias’ best wideout not named Diggs.

Thanks, German Shepherd!
    That has been said of Kumerow a lot over the years. Always looks great in shorts during OTAs and camp.

To this point, he has 21 total catches in his NFL career. Adams can do that in one game. If he was something dynamic, he would have more volume than that at this point in his career.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    That has been said of Kumerow a lot over the years. Always looks great in shorts during OTAs and camp.

To this point, he has 21 total catches in his NFL career. Adams can do that in one game. If he was something dynamic, he would have more volume than that at this point in his career.
    If he had not been a nothing with the bills last year I might be inclined to think what apb did.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    If he had not been a nothing with the bills last year I might be inclined to think what apb did.
    The NFL is not like the NBA where a player could sign with a new team and learn the Triangle Offense overnight. NFL playbooks are thick and complex. Kumerrow signed with Buffalo in September. Time was not on his side. Coaches aren’t too fond of playing receivers who aren’t at least familiar with ALL of the S,E,X,Y positions of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post

Nobody is suggesting that Kumerrow is the next Jordy Nelson. But the guy can play. Poor man’s Adam Thielen. Pack coulda used Kumerrow when Adams and Lazard were on the DL. Coulda used Kumerrow when Lazard was struggling to get open against TB in the NFC Title game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Nobody is suggesting that Kumerrow is the next Jordy Nelson. But the guy can play. Poor man’s Adam Thielen. Pack coulda used Kumerrow when Adams and Lazard were on the DL. Coulda used Kumerrow when Lazard was struggling to get open against TB in the NFC Title game.
    No, they could have used Tee Higgins, Chase Claypool, or Michael Pittman.
    They had Kumerow around long enough to know what they had in him. He couldn't ascend the depth chart and with those guys you're basically onto looking for the next guy at that point. You have constantly find younger players and try to coach whatever upside they have into production.

As for Randall Tex Cobb, he's a Chicago Bear killer and there's value in that, as well as keeping the QB happy and mentoring Amari... but he's an expensive concession to the QB and it's obvious the GM brought him back as such. I don't expect much from Cobb in terms of production. I also think it's a nail in Funchess' coffin (along with his Asian gaffe). Enjoy this team, I think it will look very different in 12 months.