Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BEST SPORTS MOVIES/SERIES ON NETFLIX TO WATCH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Yes.
    I am still home; to be honest I was killing it in recovery but then what every person who has a knee replacement prays NEVER happens....happened to me
    I'm officially in the one to two percent. So the road just got much longer, more painful, and more frustrating
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    WTF? You got it infected or you had to have it removed????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    YUP; right now I really have no left knee. Two Cement Spacers. Daily IV's to try to flush the infection out.

And then I have to get the surgery and go through rehab all over again
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Get well soon, Bretsky.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Blog Entries

Both; the infection was too bad for them to just flush it out. So they removed the knee hardware. And then we have to try to clear the infection and have the surgery all over again

Really sorry to hear that Bretsky. Hope you are in good spirits and able to have a good Christmas with the family.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    For sports, try Drive to Survive, a very cool look at F1, although the next season should be the best, because this year's F1 was incredible. Similarly Ron Howard's Rush is excellent.
    yes

this shit got me back into watching F!, after a couple decades away

next season will be epic

NOOOOO MIKEY NOOOOOOO, THIS IS SO NOT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    YUP; right now I really have no left knee. Two Cement Spacers. Daily IV's to try to flush the infection out.

And then I have to get the surgery and go through rehab all over again

lol, couldn't happen to a better asshole

the shows about community college football is kind of interesting

most of these coaches are just blowing smoke up all these players asses while forcing them to pay to play with most of them never having any hope of going back to decent schools

the only coach and school that didn't look like a complete joke was the basketball season

edit. last chance U, thats it
    Last edited by red; 01-02-2022 at 07:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Both; the infection was too bad for them to just flush it out. So they removed the knee hardware. And then we have to try to clear the infection and have the surgery all over again
    Sorry man I hadn’t seen this. Damn it went sour on you. I hope my story encouraged you not to wait for it to get worse. You need to eat clean from now on to make sure your body is strong for next time. How you doing now?

Blog Entries
    doing ok Mad and TY for asking. It's been about 6 weeks of non weight bearing. I have a call meeting to the UW Center for Disease Control tomorrow; they review my bloodwork on a weekly basis to track somehow if the infection appears to be cleared. HOPEFULLY I find out the infection looks gone, and I can have my 3rd surgery (2nd knee replacement) at the end of January.

Blog Entries
    doing ok Mad and TY for asking. It's been about 6 weeks of non weight bearing. I have a call meeting to the UW Center for Disease Control tomorrow; they review my bloodwork on a weekly basis to track somehow if the infection appears to be cleared. HOPEFULLY I find out the infection looks gone, and I can have my 3rd surgery (2nd knee replacement) at the end of January.
    Dammit. Is there amputation talk?

Blog Entries
    no talk of that; about 2% of knee replacements get infections.

If it's a septic infection they remove the knee parts, identify which infection it is, and then give you a daily IV for six weeks to attack/eliminate the infection. Daily bloodwork goes to the UW Hospital each week and they review.

On average, after 6 weeks things look good, then there is a two week wait period where you don't get the antibiotics. They run one more test, and basically remove the cement spacers and then do the knee replacement surgery all over again.

that is probably happening this month.

Jeez that sounds horrible. Good luck man.

no talk of that; about 2% of knee replacements get infections.

If it's a septic infection they remove the knee parts, identify which infection it is, and then give you a daily IV for six weeks to attack/eliminate the infection. Daily bloodwork goes to the UW Hospital each week and they review.

On average, after 6 weeks things look good, then there is a two week wait period where you don't get the antibiotics. They run one more test, and basically remove the cement spacers and then do the knee replacement surgery all over again.

that is probably happening this month.
    my uncle had that a couple years back. body rejected the new knee

his options were to take meds everyday for the rest of his life to fight off the infection, or to have the the new knee taken back out and having a temporary knee put back in and he would have to get that one replaced every couple of years

i got arthritis in mine. can't wait till i have to do all that shit

Blog Entries
    Answer me a question B, honestly, did you make a strong effort on the rehab and taking care of the cut? Or did you slack off eventually as is human nature?

Blog Entries
    Answer me a question B, honestly, did you make a strong effort on the rehab and taking care of the cut? Or did you slack off eventually as is human nature?

NO, I crushed it in Rehab; I was way ahead as far as the knee bending and strength was going. I was blindsided by the infection. When I did a deep knee bend on the stairs (forward bend) the wound opened and some fluid shot out. The therapist had me go see the doc, he told me it was infected, and operated on my one day after. At five weeks I had bent the knee to 110 degrees; at 120 degrees they release you from all rehab. It was just a freak thing; I was the unlucky jag who ended up being in the 1 to 2 percent of kneed that get infected.

For a full knee replacement they estimate you being off eight to twelve weeks. I would have been back to work after eight weeks had the infection not occured.

As far as the cut went, anytime there was seepage I showed the nurse and doc; it opened a couple times and they re stapled it. But other than push the issue when they re stapled it I don't know what I could have done.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    At least you’re a wealthy banker with a great health insurance, Bretsky.

If it was me, a minimum-wage burger flipper, I’d be fucked financially. Haven’t had surgery on the left hip but I did engage in a session of physical therapy. Therapist showed me a few hip exercises then sent me home after 30 minutes. Also scheduled another session in two weeks. Week after that first session, the bill came and I was on the hook for something close to $500. Needlessly to say, I canceled the 2nd session and haven’t been back since.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Blog Entries
    WOOT WOOT; appears infection is going and barring any complication new knee replacement surgery is scheduled 1/25

WOOT WOOT; appears infection is going and barring any complication new knee replacement surgery is scheduled 1/25
    Glad to hear it.