Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Official Fire Bisaccia Thread

Amari did not look decent. He looked baffled by the ball flight on a windless day.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Amari did not look decent. He looked baffled by the ball flight on a windless day.
    That's why we need a new jugs machine
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

IMO Amari is a better KR than PR. He looked better than last year but ST has a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    IMO Amari is a better KR than PR. He looked better than last year but ST has a long way to go.
    For sure. He’s totally confused by the ball fight of a punt. He just can’t do it.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I say guys on the sidelines shielding their eyes from the sun when looking out at the field. That game started at 5:30 local time. He might have been fighting the sun.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Packers move from 32nd to 22nd in Rich Bisaccia's special teams rankings. Progress! Packers were worst in blocked kicks allowed. https://rickgosselin.com/rick-gossel...teams-rankings

I have to wonder what that would look like if Amari had never been the return guy.

I also don't like the way he scores. Nothing for fumbled punt returns? We were the worst in the league with 4 blocked kicks allowed. Thats horrible. Yea, one guy made returns a whole lot better, but I'm not sure the unit overall was much better to be honest. I guess we didn't get gouged with returns as much either, but the fumbled returns by Amari and the blocked kicks are game changing kind of errors. The other stuff is field position, which matters, but can be covered up a lot easier with good O and D.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Colts have made a decision on HC and it's not Bisaccia. Looks like he'll be staying with Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Colts have made a decision on HC and it's not Bisaccia. Looks like he'll be staying with Packers.
    I would rank that as probably the best news so far this offseason.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

very good news

I hope Guter will continue to invest in ST players. I'd like to see them field a consistent and above-average ST unit this year.

Also sounds like Guter things Crosby can still kick - he seemed to blame the lack of leg strength on some injuries last year. So maybe he'll be back after all.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I hope Guter will continue to invest in ST players. I'd like to see them field a consistent and above-average ST unit this year.

Also sounds like Guter things Crosby can still kick - he seemed to blame the lack of leg strength on some injuries last year. So maybe he'll be back after all.
    There have been a lot of kickers who kicked into their 40's with weak legs simply because they were money from -45. If Crosby comes back cheap I won't be upset at all.

In Rick Gosselin special teams rankings Packers fall to 29th, after finishing 22nd in 2022. They were 32nd in 2021 https://rickgosselin.com/the-2023-nf...eams-rankings/

Don't have all the breakdowns yet, but they were the most penalized ST unit with 19 for 178 yards.

Edit:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...source=twitter

It’s nothing short of a disappointing finish for a perpetually dysfunctional special teams group now led by one of the NFL’s highest paid coordinators. The Packers had several veterans on special teams — including several hand-picked by Bisaccia — and still struggled.

Overall, the Packers committed an NFL-high 19 accepted penalties on special teams. The league average was 11.

Rookie kicker Anders Carlson ranked 24th in the NFL in field goal percentage and missed an NFL-high five extra points. Punter Daniel Whelan ranked 24th punting average, 29th in net punting and 26th in percentage of punts inside the 20-yard line.

The Packers covered kickoffs fine and got more production out of kick returner Keisean Nixon, but Nixon and Samori Toure both lost fumbles on punt returns. Bisaccia’s group also gave up a punt return for a touchdown in Week 3. Far too often, Nixon took the ball out of the end zone on kickoffs and was stopped short of the 25-yard line, which inflated his return yardage but hurt field position.

The Packers also ranked 29th in punt return average and 26th in opponent punt return average.

Green Bay did rank in the top 10 in average starting field position.

The Dallas Cowboys, who
    Last edited by Joemailman; 01-12-2024 at 09:35 AM.

Not surprised. They had a lot of penalties - especially early in the season, and Anders has missed a league high 5 XP. I think they are fairly well coached, but the execution is good enough. MLF will give him another year, and Barry draws all the fans' ire anyway.

Next year he could be on the hot seat if the ST doesn't improve. You have to think there's a culture problem with ST and it's a headwind, makes me wonder what it will take to ever have top 10 ST (making all your kicks? a couple of TD returns?)

"Far too often, Nixon took the ball out of the end zone on kickoffs and was stopped short of the 25-yard line, which inflated his return yardage but hurt field position."

My gameday crew screamed at Nixon for this all season long. And then on rare occasions when he got to the 40 we had a flag and started at the 10. Nixon can walk in the offseason as the NFL has decided that KR isn't something they want anymore. Reed can handle the PR duties.