I think worst case he plays 8 years in the league (31 years old.) That’s when his explosiveness will go way down and his speed will drop off a bit too.

While he’s young, he does enough things well to play in the league and be an 800 yard guy. Maybe more once or twice.

He’s fast. He’s explosive. He’s a good blocker. He’s a good locker room guy. He’s smart, so as Love starts building more complexity with the more veteran offense, Watson will only get better. So he does a lot of things well.

He’s always going to be a guy who can clear a safety. Against man defense, he’s always going to be a guy who can fly across the field on long crossers and no one can keep up on those routes. In a dome where there is less wind, he can kinda track the ball too.

But, he’s not, has never been, and I don’t think ever will be a strong hands guy or good at tracking the ball outside. He’s been too consistently the same guy in college and the NFL and I don’t think those are traits we’re going to see go away. So he’ll always be limited and always be disappointing at times.

Better than MVS, but closer to MVS than Tyreek Hill.

Love’s contract is going to be top 5 QB money. Probably 49M per year. But that contract is going to average in the last year of his current deal so it’ll be 5 years 42M per year average.

With the quickly increasing salary cap, that will be very affordable. I think we can afford to keep Watson around on the middle of the road contract he’ll demand. That take the top off quality and the man beater speed and the blocking…. He’s a nice piece.

I don’t expect him to be great. If you’re looking for a reliable #1, Jayden Reed is that guy.