Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
I'm ok with the pick, but the process was a little meh. Giving up BOTH R2's to Minny felt like a lot, and I'm hearing people say they effectively lost the equivalent of a late R3 on the trade value charts.
So... that part hurts.
Also, Watson is a project, which means he has upside but also that he has a long way to go. That's fine and all, and maybe you put him in the MVS role and let him be your KR and gunner for good measure. He'll have to play ST since Cobb and Watkins likely won't, and you need big fast guys there. So he can contribute in some ways right away, but it's a pretty big investment for a WR4 and KR. Of course, next year he might come back into the 2023 training camp and be an absolute monster, which is not nothing. If he becomes GB's version of DK, this looks pretty good.

As for his hands, I don't think they're bad but I do think they need work. Almost every WR that comes into pros does; pro QBs throw with such velocity it's incredible. He supposedly works at the Juggs machine daily and he'll want to continue that. I hope Cobb takes him and Amari under his wing and makes them do the crazy Juggs drills Jordy and others used to do.... he'll be ok. MVS's hands weren't great but they improved, and Davante worked on his hands a lot.

I think he's more flexible and has a bigger frame than MVS. His speed translates to the field, and word is he's a hard worker and good kid, so he's a good addition. He'll block and do the things they ask him to do, and honestly you could argue that Drake London isn't that much better than this kid.

I'll be rooting big time for him, and he has a lot of upside. I just think they paid a lot to get him and worry the Packers coaches might fail to develop his potential.
Well on paper the Vikings didn