Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Second Round Pick, #34, Christian Watson Discussion Thread

Watson (to change the subject) is flashing what he can do. The three rooks have a bright future. I do hope AR finishes his contract. If they get some more OL help next draft, the offense can flourish again. Just a rough year, as was predicted. Not a great plan: crossing their fingers and hoping it would work out.

They need time, but the rooks are very dedicated and will develop faster than most, barring injuries.

The near term future is bright. Get a new DC and they can be competitive the next two years, esp with a little help on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I think Sammy Watkins should have been cut in camp. He looks like ass, is not a long term player, and shouldn't play anymore this year if they're tanking. For a #3 overall pick, what a bust of a career.
    Oh, if we are tanking he needs to see every snap.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    Watson (to change the subject) is flashing what he can do. The three rooks have a bright future. I do hope AR finishes his contract. If they get some more OL help next draft, the offense can flourish again. Just a rough year, as was predicted. Not a great plan: crossing their fingers and hoping it would work out.

They need time, but the rooks are very dedicated and will develop faster than most, barring injuries.

The near term future is bright. Get a new DC and they can be competitive the next two years, esp with a little help on the line.
    I am 100% convinced the horses up front are on the roster. They just need to play together and be consistent. Jenkins probably needs the off season to get right. Bak has FINALLY strung together some nice starts. Tom is going to be a stud.

They have the pieces on the OL if they can stay healthy. Contracts could be an issue. I like Tom. I expect 2 out of Njiman, Bahk, and Jenkins are gone this offseason because they can't keep them all.

As for the WRs - Watkins looked better pre-injury. He's had a few moments but overall agree he looks slow or hurt. He's done.
    Two good consecutive games for Watson is a very good sign. I think Watson, Doubs, and Toure could make for a good group if they continue to develop. They need more help at receiver though.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Oh, if we are tanking he needs to see every snap.
    I thought the same thing. If we're tanking, bench Christian Watson!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

This offseason is going to be wild and crazy, but Watson and Doubs give some hope for the next few years at WR. I have no idea who the Packers will be able to afford to keep, but this team still has a lot of talent. Just a year where everything that could go wrong, went wrong. Replace Barry, find a way to keep the OL together, resign Aaron Jones, and who knows for next year.

Next Gen Stats
    @NextGenStats

Christian Watson reached a top speed of 20.97 mph on his 63-yard TD reception, the fastest speed by a Packers' ball carrier this season.

Watson has reached 20+ mph on 12 plays from scrimmage this season, trailing only Tyreek Hill (18).
    Ross Uglem
    @RossUglem

Tyreek Hill snaps: 491
    Christian Watson snaps: 224
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    They have the pieces on the OL if they can stay healthy. Contracts could be an issue. I like Tom. I expect 2 out of Njiman, Bahk, and Jenkins are gone this offseason because they can't keep them all.

As for the WRs - Watkins looked better pre-injury. He's had a few moments but overall agree he looks slow or hurt. He's done.
    Two good consecutive games for Watson is a very good sign. I think Watson, Doubs, and Toure could make for a good group if they continue to develop. They need more help at receiver though.
    I'm not so convinced that 2 of them are gone. My best guess if ARod retires/goes then Bak would be traded as the senior citizen of the group. You don't allow good players in their prime to get away if you expect to win games.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I thought the same thing. If we're tanking, bench Christian Watson!
    LOL, looking to be true, but he has to play...specifically I want Love/Watson/Doubs out there building chemistry. If the punishment is we win games and draft lower so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    This offseason is going to be wild and crazy, but Watson and Doubs give some hope for the next few years at WR. I have no idea who the Packers will be able to afford to keep, but this team still has a lot of talent. Just a year where everything that could go wrong, went wrong. Replace Barry, find a way to keep the OL together, resign Aaron Jones, and who knows for next year.
    Sadly I lose the quotes in quotes, but the conclusion is "faster than Tyreek Hill and 8" taller" Thats a pretty good place to be.

Watson on that catch/run reminded me of James Lofton's 83 yard TD run against the Giants in 1982. Ran past everybody and didn't even look like he was running hard.

Nobody in here praised Watson more than I did. I said and still say he is gonna be GREAT - as good or better than any WR picked by anybody in the past few years, Chase, Jefferson, whoever. I wasn't as positive about Doubs, but I am now. He should be an excellent #2 WR behind Watson. And I want to see Aaron Rodgers throwing to them for several more years.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Watson on that catch/run reminded me of James Lofton's 83 yard TD run against the Giants in 1982. Ran past everybody and didn't even look like he was running hard.
    Meh.

I saw rookie Greg Jennings catch a slant from Bert Favor and took it to the house to beat the San Diego Bolts.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Meh.

I saw rookie Greg Jennings catch a slant from Bert Favor and took it to the house to beat the San Diego Bolts.
    I'm surprised you're not all-in with Watson, given your feelings about Metcalf.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Mf runs like a deer! He’s gonna have some drops but he’s gonna make some plays. Those crossers are gonna work. He erases angles
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

He ain’t the bomb if he ain’t on the field. Watson is soft and fragile.
    Sign here please.

^ Hahahahahahahahaha

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I'm surprised you're not all-in with Watson, given your feelings about Metcalf.
    Metcalf got his knee chopped off; was back the next week. The guy is Bert Favor tough.

Someone touches Watson’s helmet and he’s out of the game for “precautionary” reasons. I dislike soft and fragile players, aka, milksops.

There’s 5 games left. The over/under on how many games Watson will play is 3.5. I took the under.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 11-30-2022 at 02:26 AM.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

The trio of hamstring muscles do a lot and have to compete against the stronger quad and glute muscles. From a complete nonprofessional, for-a-brief-flash-in-my-thirties athlete, hamstring injuries happen when someone goes too hard too fast without ramping up to the effort. I assume veterans get them a lot because they need to warm up before being suddenly explosive. I assume young guys get them because they've slacked in the offseason and are trying to catch up to camp shape or they're juicing too hard and their connective tissue can't handle the muscle it's attached to. Either way, I always have negative opinions about young dudes with hamstring injuries.

I'm glad they let Watson sit until his hamstrings were healed. If he comes back too early, he'll need surgery and might permanently lose speed and quickness.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Metcalf got his knee chopped off; was back the next week. The guy is Bert Favor tough.

Someone touches Watson’s helmet and he’s out of the game for “precautionary” reasons. I dislike soft and fragile players, aka, milksops.

There’s 5 games left. The over/under on how many games Watson will play is 3.5. I took the under.
    You can't blame the player - Watson or anybody else - for that stupid “precautionary” concussion shit. They get their helmet taking away and aren't allowed to go back in. Last week, Watson took a helmet to helmet hit, and it was the other guy who went out with a concussion. Nothing against Metcalf - I generally agree with you about him, but Watson, I say again, is gonna be as good or better than him or anybody else drafted in recent history. Like run pMc said, you ought to be all in for Watson as a similar player to Metcalf.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

"stupid “precautionary” concussion shit. "

Well, you are an SME in stupid and shit.