Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Second Round Pick, #34, Christian Watson Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    on that end around where it looked like he was running in slow mo?

just insane
    Thats what kills me. He doesn't LOOK like he is flying, but since he is pulling away from everyone I guess he really is that fast.....btw, what is desean Jackson now, like 48 years old?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

How many 6-4 guys can do a backflip with pads on? I haven’t seen it very often.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Favre, who was never smart, can barely string together a coherent sentence.

The last time I heard Steve Young on the radio he, very obviously, has suffered cognitive decline.

But you're just a walking, talking Confirmation Bias; you see and hear only what you want to and are impervious to facts, reason and understanding. Any of your epically wrong posts on what happens on the football field are proof positive of this.
    If we didn't know better, we might suspect that Tex played himself a little Friday night lights and college ball . . . .

It's funny how the shitheads in the other part of the forum are generally also the shitheads in this part. I was nothing more than a lame-assed O Lineman in junior high. If I ever got a concussion, I can't remember it hahahahaha. It woulda had to have been from slipping off the bench.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Watson clocked at 21.72mph, tying the fastest speed by a WR this season (Desean Jackson.)
    Romeo Doubs clocked 21.25 at the senior bowl. Both have speed.

What you like about Watsons speed is he’s hit 20mph on 6 of his 30 touches so far (20%.) So it’s showing up in actual games. It doesn’t take him long to get to full speed, so it shows up in games a lot more than a guy who needs time to build up speed. It’s more like Tyreek Hill application than MVS application.

Christian Watson’s dad said 9 has been timed 4.21 in the 40. Said he’s running away from NFL DBs because he’s faster than 4.38.

Christian Watson’s dad said 9 has been timed 4.21 in the 40. Said he’s running away from NFL DBs because he’s faster than 4.38.
    I agree with this. Last spring I was looking at MVS' 10/20/40 times at the combine (1.55/2.58/4.37) compared to Watson's (1.45/2.45/4.36). The conclusion I came to was that Watson was quicker but that MVS' top speed must be better because his 20-40 time was 1.79 vs Watsons 1.91. I no longer believe MVS' top speed beats Watson. Maybe Watson coasted the last 20.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jacob Morley
    @JacobMorley
    Since week 9

Christian Watson's passer rating when targeted:

- 1st in the NFL.

(Min 25 targets)

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I agree with this. Last spring I was looking at MVS' 10/20/40 times at the combine (1.55/2.58/4.37) compared to Watson's (1.45/2.45/4.36). The conclusion I came to was that Watson was quicker but that MVS' top speed must be better because his 20-40 time was 1.79 vs Watsons 1.91. I no longer believe MVS' top speed beats Watson. Maybe Watson coasted the last 20.
    MVS has clocked over 22MPH in the NFL. So he did show slightly faster top speed at his fastest. Watson is getting over 20MPH on 20% of his touches. He gets to speed much faster and not always on a straight line, and it’s translating to being faster on the field.

And there’s a chance that Watson is just faster than that 4.38 too, like his dad said. And has better get off and faster deep speed.

He plays very fast. It shows up in the field of play.

MVS has clocked over 22MPH in the NFL. So he did show slightly faster top speed at his fastest. Watson is getting over 20MPH on 20% of his touches. He gets to speed much faster and not always on a straight line, and it’s translating to being faster on the field.

And there’s a chance that Watson is just faster than that 4.38 too, like his dad said. And has better get off and faster deep speed.

He plays very fast. It shows up in the field of play.
    Here's the thing. If you run even a 4.4, once you have a step on the D it takes even a 4.3 guy 20 yards to catch you. So If Watson is fast enough in the 10 to GET that step he is almost impossible to run down.

I have always mocked people who "worship at the altar of the 40". The 10 yard split is easily the most important stat in football. For skill positions the 3 cone and short shuttle are also just as important. For "bigs" the explosion drills matter more. Who wins coming out of their stance wins the down.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Watson's speed is what everyone is talking about, which is understanable. But his TD reception was just as impressive. 4th and 4 and he was initially covered, but manages to find an open spot in the end zone where Rodgers could get the ball to him. Something you don't see from rookies a lot. https://twitter.com/i/status/1599826855988977665

New Christian Watson Apology Form

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Thanks, Joe.

Welp.

This is the burner specimen who can take the top off of defenses that I wanted.
    Ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Here's the thing. If you run even a 4.4, once you have a step on the D it takes even a 4.3 guy 20 yards to catch you. So If Watson is fast enough in the 10 to GET that step he is almost impossible to run down.

I have always mocked people who "worship at the altar of the 40". The 10 yard split is easily the most important stat in football. For skill positions the 3 cone and short shuttle are also just as important. For "bigs" the explosion drills matter more. Who wins coming out of their stance wins the down.
    I've heard most scouts now actually look at the flying 20 more than the full 40 to get a sense of a player's speed.
    I still think the 10 yd is important though - to me it shows burst and also how fast you can run up on a CB's toes and possibly get them off their leverage. Explosion drills are good for burst/acceleration as well. Agree on the agility drills, I think they matter for separating and route running and are especially important for slot receivers.

Watson's combine numbers were pretty crazy, especially given his size. It's tough to have good 10yd split and agility numbers at his size.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Jacob Morley
    @JacobMorley
    Since week 9

Christian Watson's passer rating when targeted:

- 1st in the NFL.

(Min 25 targets)
    This needs to be his theme song:

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just when I didn’t give a fuck about the season Watson goes and makes me want to see every game again. He has been electric and just like several have said nothing has been close since rookie moss. The Love teaser half has me hopeful for the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Just when I didn’t give a fuck about the season Watson goes and makes me want to see every game again. He has been electric and just like several have said nothing has been close since rookie moss. The Love teaser half has me hopeful for the next couple of years.
    So, you don't want Watson's recent success to tempt Rodgers to return?

P.S. Can you give me permissions to edit my profile and whatnot?

This is the vid that got me all fired up about his ability.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I would love to see more slants and crosses from Watson in this offense
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.