Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Second Round Pick, #34, Christian Watson Discussion Thread

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkytown View Post
    lol, when did you start the Rodgers hate club? I've popped in on various Packers communities over the years. I surprisingly found A LOT of objective Packers fans who weren't in love with Rodgers. That was always interesting to me, because from the outside looking in, most people just see "elite Aaron Rodgers". Well, until now of course. I've also popped into various Seahawks communities in recent years, and was incredibly surprised how many of them wanted to move on from Wilson. I thought they were nuts! Well, they were right. I was dead wrong. Whatever is happening in Denver is, ... wow. Maybe Rodgers and Hackett need each other? lol

Anyway, JABF sent me your way! He's a good dude who really speaks highly of your community. He told me to check the place out. Here I finally am! I wanted to make it over weeks ago, but I've been swamped with work, the site (Purple Pain), and traveling to Minnesota for the games. Sorry I didn't make it over until now.
    My dislike for Rodgers is a strictly personal and has nothing to do with him as a player. I have called out his weak character and lack of leadership for the longest time. Even when he was having MVP seasons. Dont get me wrong, I have cheered him as the Packers QB and don't deny he has been great. But not always and not much anymore the way things are looking.

BTW - Promoting sites or really anything on here will get you banned.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    After the years of moss torture it is only fitting.

JJ Zachariason
    @LateRoundQB
    Top-7 rookie wide receiver yards per route run leaders (minimum 50 targets) since 2011:

1. Odell Beckham
    2. AJ Brown
    3. Justin Jefferson
    4. Ja'Marr Chase
    5. Chris Olave
    6. Tyreek Hill
    7. Christian Watson
    Pretty good company.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

^ Good company, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I cant this year. You turned on the Gary tape and you saw knock back on ever snap, violent hands, a really good one arm stab to create an edge.

You turn on Watson and you see a clumsy pass catcher.

You turn on Walker and you see hesitation and false steps.

Its not the same this year. This year theyve been emboldened by the Gary pick and think they can draft bad ball players because theyre athletes. But the thing theyre missing is thats not what happened with Gary.
    Just saying, he was the same guy in college. It was right there in his profile if you watched him play.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    He's smart enough to learn all the routes from day one and agile enough to execute them. I expect him to be the most productive receiver from the first regular season games.
    Not so far. He's still got a chance to get better and be more productive, hopefully that happens.
    Lots of talent, not much production outside of a few catches this year and a nice stretch last year starting against DAL.

I think he's a better athlete than football player but he's smart and can learn. He's not being used the best, MLF needs to scheme better and Love needs to not underthrow him. Right now, he's MVS.

So I'm starting to think that Gutes was actually in charge already during the last couple TT drafts. I had pointed out a shift from drafting ball players and improving their athleticism in the weight room vs. drafting athletes and hoping to turn them into ball players. In hindsight, TT was fading hard and Gutes "turned down" the offer to GM SF. Was he already the de facto GM?

Gary worked out because Mike Smith is the best OLB coach in existence. He turned 3rd rounders into 15 sack guys his entire career. He's gone now. Will Van Ness unlock his potential behind whoever the guy is now? Coaching matters, thats all I'm saying.

Walker actually hasn't been so bad. I honestly do think its the soft scheme we choose to run on D for oh, say 15 years now. MiLF went off in a presser about his 2-4 D saying his OLBs are DL in that scenario because a RB can't block Preston. True, but Preston is lined up on the edge. There are only 2 interior DL and they get double teamed and Najee walks in from the 4. No one HAD to block a guy lining up at the 7. He can't get inside fast enough. We line guys up 10 yards deep on 3rd and 7. If I'm wrong, then its totally on Gutes for drafting guys that are not succeeding on the field. In any event someone has to be accountable.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Why on earth did they let that guy out the door? How foolish. I just feel like they gave up on their DC way too fast. He was a good coach. The results have been worse. What did they really accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Not so far. He's still got a chance to get better and be more productive, hopefully that happens.
    Lots of talent, not much production outside of a few catches this year and a nice stretch last year starting against DAL.

I think he's a better athlete than football player but he's smart and can learn. He's not being used the best, MLF needs to scheme better and Love needs to not underthrow him. Right now, he's MVS.
    hahahaha I didn’t take you for one of those “truth squad” shitheads, run Pmc.

Yeah, I sorta got it wrong about Watson, but I still think he will be a major plus.
    Pmc
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Watson is softer than a gay guy in a brothel full of women. More injury-prone than an overworked, 40 year old burger flipper. Every bit as fragile as a motherless polar bear cub. And Christine has the biggest vag not seen in cold, dark and dull Green Bay since The Claymaker.

Tank Elf Duke 9-11-22
    The Mailman owes moi an apology. It’s only humbling if he does so in a thread in which he posted two Watson apology forms.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 11-16-2023 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Floating with the wind.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Why on earth did they let that guy out the door? How foolish. I just feel like they gave up on their DC way too fast. He was a good coach. The results have been worse. What did they really accomplish?
    I'm guessing only. Didn't he leave when we hired Barry? Did he want that job and felt slighted?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Are you saying we should have kept Pettine as DC?
    Mike Smith is tied to the hip with Pettine; he'll go where Pettine goes. They go all the way back to Rex Ryan. I think Smith even played for them.

Smith is a good coach. Rebrovich seems...ok. LVN declared early for the draft, he's got a lot to learn yet.

As for Watson, I wonder if his hamstring is n't 100% and that's why they are using him they way they are. Gotta get him the ball in stride or in space and let him run.

Mike Smith is tied to the hip with Pettine; he'll go where Pettine goes. They go all the way back to Rex Ryan. I think Smith even played for them.

Smith is a good coach. Rebrovich seems...ok. LVN declared early for the draft, he's got a lot to learn yet.

As for Watson, I wonder if his hamstring is n't 100% and that's why they are using him they way they are. Gotta get him the ball in stride or in space and let him run.
    Love has not hit many receivers in stride this year.

He didn't come to GB with Pettine, he joined when MiLF arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He didn't come to GB with Pettine, he joined when MiLF arrived.
    True, but I suspect at the urging of Pettine. "Hey, I know a guy".

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    True, but I suspect at the urging of Pettine. "Hey, I know a guy".
    Was Pettine with KC when Smith was churning out those OLBs that had all the sacks there?

Am Iin the right place? The Christian Watson thread?

I strongly wanted them to draft Watson. I was glad when they did. And I'm NOT negative about him like some in here now. The guy has the potential to be great, and I think he will live up to that potential.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Great game by Watson. Going up and fighting for the ball, being aggressive and decisive on routes! Excellent footwork to get both feet in on the sideline catch. Hopefulyl the start of next year is not hamstring issues again. They could be the reason he started so slow each of the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Great game by Watson. Going up and fighting for the ball, being aggressive and decisive on routes! Excellent footwork to get both feet in on the sideline catch. Hopefulyl the start of next year is not hamstring issues again. They could be the reason he started so slow each of the last two years.
    Just in general, I think being in and out of the lineup, in and out of practice has slowed his development.

He's starting to move past "MVS 2.0" status.
    He's not a WR1 though. Not yet.

I think getting him started early and also balancing the out the targets on offense isn't a terrible strategy for his confidence, which should be back now after the last few games. His hamstring looked like it was better also, earlier in the season he didn't look as fast as he does now.

At worst, he's an overdraft. He's not a bust and I don't understand why Packer fans were hating on him. The WR group would have benefitted from a vet in the room for sure, but it would have cost them developmental snaps which are starting to pay off.