Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Second Round Pick, #34, Christian Watson Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Maybe proof read your posts before you post. “Sr bowl DBs think he was the best that says something.”

If you’re a Sr Bowl DB, there has got to be something wrong with you. I mean, you don’t see Sauce and Stingray playing in Sr bowls, do you? Nope. The best corners enter the draft prior to their senior year of eligibility.

A bunch of JAG DBs saying Watson is the best they’ve ever covered ain’t saying much, hombre. I mean, I once shut down Darren Charles. Charles ain’t in any shape, form, matter or antimatter the best WR ever conceived in cold, dark and dull Wisconsin. That honor belongs to Bill Schroeder.
    So regardless of the talent these db have they also competed against pierce and dotson, who are also highly regarded prospects.
    They said watson was the best. That says something and it isn't negative.
    I'm not saying watson = moss from this. I'm saying he was recognized by a group of players whose job is to shut down wr that he is the best there.
    Maybe understand what is being said before commenting.
    Dude is an athletic freak. He has potenial. He is 1 of 3 wr I thought might be an ok #1if he develops. The others were injured, and I down grade watson already due to the competition he faced. That is why I repeatedly said there was no sure #1 wr, only a bunch of #2.

I am amused that a player who I think is comparable to your boy dk is garbage in your eyes. I doubt he will be as good but he is the best wr athlete since dk imo.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

DK and Watson are very different. DK outweighs Watson by 20 pounds. He is all about straight speed and power. Watson is almost as fast, but is also a much more flexible athlete.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    DK and Watson are very different. DK outweighs Watson by 20 pounds. He is all about straight speed and power. Watson is almost as fast, but is also a much more flexible athlete.
    True, but athletic freaks both of them. I didn't see the comparison until today and I have run I to twice so far. Maybe it is some random draft guys hyping the pick, but I'm hoping it's accurate.
    If he is 75% Metcalf still a good pick imo
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    I think Chris Simms is the best draft analyst. He misses occasionally -- who doesn't? But given Watson's high character, I don't see the downside. Simms had Watson as his number two receiver. Packers take developmental receivers, not finished products (so too with most high picks). It also reminds me that one of the coaches is his division said that Watson was the best receiver in the FCS since Randy Moss.

I am very happy with this pick and the Wyatt pick.

https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/...R8rBdruCUAyAwA
    Good job man, I with you on all this, especially about Wyatt and Watson - they have me all pumped this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    A bunch of JAG DBs saying Watson is the best they’ve ever covered ain’t saying much, hombre. I mean, I once shut down Darren Charles. Charles ain’t in any shape, form, matter or antimatter the best WR ever conceived in cold, dark and dull Wisconsin. That honor belongs to Bill Schroeder.
    No. Just the best at the senior bowl. Not nothing, not GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I don't think so. The Packers moved all-in on a championship chase over the next 2-3 years. Having an extra pick is meaningless if we don't have capable WRs. They flew off the board the last 2 days. Waiting wasn't an option. Even if the kid doesn't pan out, it wasn't a mistake by Gute to go after him. It was a major need for the team, and it would've been risky to stay in the latter part of the 2nd and wait.
    Great point. Last night I had to let it digest that we actually gave up a juicy 2nd rounder to move up to 34. You have to admit that it was at the very least, a BOLD move.
    I still can’t believe we did it.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    True, but athletic freaks both of them. I didn't see the comparison until today and I have run I to twice so far. Maybe it is some random draft guys hyping the pick, but I'm hoping it's accurate.
    If he is 75% Metcalf still a good pick imo
    YouTube “Miles Austin.” Watson not only looks like Austin, he plays like Austin.

I’d rather have a poor man’s Randy Moss (Thornton) than a poor man’s Austin.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

38 on the Wunderlic. Wyatt and Walker both scored in the single digits.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I'm going on record and way out on a limb to predict he has a way better career than Joey Harrington.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I'm going on record and way out on a limb to predict he has a way better career than Joey Harrington.
    S’up, Campbell, how many wives do you have now?

Still just the one.

Except most days it feels like 11-12.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Still just the one.

Except most days it feels like 11-12.
    Welcome back.

Where the hell was Scott Campbell when we had GB Brandon causing havoc? Campbell would have destroyed Brandon.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

How does APB not like a 6'4" 210 lb 4.36 WR. This guy is right up your alley, APB.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

So harv great 17 minute video. I actually watch the whole thing. Some people are calling him a Randy Moss or MVS clone but I'm thinking more Julio Jones. My best guess is he's instantly an upgrade from MVS.

As for tex thinking we upgraded with Watkins and Watson. That's just crazy. Watkins is a poor man's devonte, but that's kind of an insult to poor people. He's more like a flat broke. No checkbook, shot credit eating out of a garbage can devonte. That production is going to have to be made up for through every single guy on the offense.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    How does APB not like a 6'4" 210 lb 4.36 WR. This guy is right up your alley, APB.
    The 40 never excites me, but his 10-yard split three cone and short shuttle or insane for a guy his size
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    So harv great 17 minute video. I actually watch the whole thing. Some people are calling him a Randy Moss or MVS clone but I'm thinking more Julio Jones. My best guess is he's instantly an upgrade from MVS.

As for tex thinking we upgraded with Watkins and Watson. That's just crazy. Watkins is a poor man's devonte, but that's kind of an insult to poor people. He's more like a flat broke. No checkbook, shot credit eating out of a garbage can devonte. That production is going to have to be made up for through every single guy on the offense.
    I'm thinking more along the lines of Watkins an upgrade from MVS (even though not exactly the same type WR), and Watson a sure long term upgrade on Adams and at least comparable even in the first couple years - net upgrade with the two over the outgoing too. Of course, Doubs has to beat out St. Brown hahahaha for the trifecta. Do you know anything about Doubs, being from Nevada, bobblehead?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Where the hell was Scott Campbell when we had GB Brandon causing havoc? Campbell would have destroyed Brandon.
    Campbell’s a poor man’s Rand. Might not be poor, though. I recall Campbell mentioning his fabulous ski trips back in the days. As Bobble likes to brag, one has to have sumptuous frogskins to ski.

I dig Thornton more. 4.28 > 4.36

Great, he can block.

Problem is he doesnt catch well.

I guess you have to have your priorities.

Dysfunction. Bad pick.