Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Second Round Pick, #34, Christian Watson Discussion Thread

I had Snoop Conner rated much higher than the consensus (RB20 instead of RB28). He went RB13.
    I had Mike Woods rated much higher than the consensus (WR25 instead of WR39), He went WR25.

I've talked about both as being sleepers that I like.

Those are the ones that make you feel good.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I cant this year. You turned on the Gary tape and you saw knock back on ever snap, violent hands, a really good one arm stab to create an edge.

You turn on Watson and you see a clumsy pass catcher.

You turn on Walker and you see hesitation and false steps.

Its not the same this year. This year theyve been emboldened by the Gary pick and think they can draft bad ball players because theyre athletes. But the thing theyre missing is thats not what happened with Gary.

In the Real World I am a mortgage lender and very good at what I do. The first time homebuyers working with me are very well prepared. They often ask me for input.

The two things I tell to every homebuyer are

1. The most important thing is you are comfortable with your monthly payment on any house you fine
    2. The next thing is ....don't fall in love with a house to the point where you convince yourself to overpay. IF you do, and end up overpaying, keep in mind you are going down a road of very high risk. If a home does not appraise out a seller may make you come in with a bunch of money to make the deal work...or lose the home And if that occurs and/or it ends up not being the perfect home you can regret it for a long long time.

I hope the two picks you really question were not examples of Gute really falling in love with a player and overdrafting and/or overpaying. The Wyatt pick seems like a very solid pick for Green Bay

I almost wish he'd have taken Wyatt at 22, Watson at 28, and keep those 2nds. Giving both of those up, man it seems like the buyer choosing to overpay for his house.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Got this page bookmarked to come back to in a couple of years, if we are still alive.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I on the other hand was a Realtor for nearly twenty years in the "real world, Bretsky. Part of my job was to be like the "capologist" - finagle the mortgage provider to allow and enable buyers to get what they really wanted and were happy with. And like with the salary cap, they were invariably able to find a way to make it work and enjoy what they wanted.

If Watson is remotely as good as what it seems, he's worth every bit of what we traded to move up and get him. What were they gonna do in the late second anyway? Draft some damn O Lineman or ILB?

Yes, Harvey, do that - even late in the '22 season. By then, getting Watson will be like that "dream house".
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    I like Watson the player and I think he gets 60 to 70 catches and 800ish yards year one and turns out very good long term for the Packers.

I'm luke warm on Walker and would not have taken him
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I would have liked to have seen them move back to the beginning of the second round and pick up a high 3rd.

Wyatt and Metchie as our first two picks would have been good.

Then Trey McBride and maybe an edge in the 2nd round would be good.

Plus we would have an extra high 3rd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I on the other hand was a Realtor for nearly twenty years in the "real world, Bretsky. Part of my job was to be like the "capologist" - finagle the mortgage provider to allow and enable buyers to get what they really wanted and were happy with. And like with the salary cap, they were invariably able to find a way to make it work and enjoy what they wanted.

If Watson is remotely as good as what it seems, he's worth every bit of what we traded to move up and get him. What were they gonna do in the late second anyway? Draft some damn O Lineman or ILB?

Yes, Harvey, do that - even late in the '22 season. By then, getting Watson will be like that "dream house".

I'm pretty good at getting the buyers what they want; I just want to put them in a good place financially and understand each step of the process. There are realtors who aren't up front as well, and push buyers these days to "do what it takes" to win and grossly overpay for homes when financially it will hurt them. It's interesting out there

Blog Entries
    I would have liked to have seen them move back to the beginning of the second round and pick up a high 3rd.

Wyatt and Metchie as our first two picks would have been good.

Then Trey McBride and maybe an edge in the 2nd round would be good.

Plus we would have an extra high 3rd.

I like Metchie too bur reports lately seem to be that he has a ways to go before he plays in 2022

One thing I think we need to recognize about watson, no 2022 rookie receiver has as high of a ceiling. The guy has more potential than anyone else this class. Plus he is one of the best run blockers. He can take the top off a d like Lafluer wants and has better hands than mvs.

Is he replacing Adams? No. He replaces mvs and is likely better.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Got this page bookmarked to come back to in a couple of years, if we are still alive.
    Youre on the side of Tex. I like my chances

Blog Entries
    In the end, I really like the player, but I hated giving up two 2nd round draft picks to get him.
    I'd have rather picked him at 28.

I hope in a few years all three of our top picks are in the Pro Bowl

Youre on the side of Tex. I like my chances
    You're going to lose this one, and no chance we were taking Metchie--even if he was healthy.

Blog Entries
    You're going to lose this one.

I hope so !!!

I think you two should create an OVAL OFFICE bet !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I hope so !!!

I think you two should create an OVAL OFFICE bet !!!
    Did he pay up on your bet?

Blog Entries
    Did he pay up on your bet?

He just owes me a brewsky there. We'll make it happen sometime.

I TRIED upping the ante to a lap dance but he ignored me.

I kinda felt guilty taking his beer. There was NO way Jamison Williams was getting into round 2. Honestly GB takes him if he's there.

I hope that's not me you're talking about. I don't remember any such bet.

As for this thing about Watson, I'd bet a lot that he is an NFL star sooner rather than later. Jameson Williams will not amount to much even after he recovers. Watson - assuming he avoids major injury and plays anything like projected, will be extremely better.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I hope that's not me you're talking about. I don't remember any such bet.

As for this thing about Watson, I'd bet a lot that he is an NFL star sooner rather than later. Jameson Williams will not amount to much even after he recovers. Watson - assuming he avoids major injury and plays anything like projected, will be extremely better.

Nope, the bet was not with you

I hate seeing Jamison Williams in our division

I like Watson Tex, but I'm not crowing him to be remotely comparable to a border HOF talent til I see him play for a while

Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings

I trust this organization to get a 2nd round WR right. Just like I trust them to get a 4th round OL right and all 3rd round picks wrong, so my ranking Zach Tom ahead of Sean Rhyan may be right in the end.

Harv what is your general view of the draft? It sounds like it was well done to me.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Harv what is your general view of the draft? It sounds like it was well done to me.
    I like it. There were things I would have done differently, but a lot of holes were filled. I'd like a slot CB and safeties, but otherwise it's hard to say this team has a lot of holes. Some say TE, but if Tonyan can get back after a stint on the PUP, I think Tonyan, Marcedes, Deguara, Dafney/Davis (who I think could surprise), will be alright. We'll see. I'm excited about this class.