Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The O Line

What question was that an answer to? oh yeah, HOW did we win 26 out of 33 games with what you say was a "crap" O Line? (I just called it mediocre.) It sort of sounds like you're saying Aaron Rodgers was the answer to HOW. Yes, I concur with that.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I will say that was the worst I have seen our oline play since I don't know when, nfccg vs Tampa maybe?. But they werent the only problem. When they gave ok protection a few opportunities were missed. And they did fine run blocking, but the game plan didn't reflect that. If they would have ran a bit more then the pass pro would have been better. That dropped ball on the first play had an over exaggerated impact on the rest of the game.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

The OL was good in 2019 and 2020. So that’s how they won 26 games. In 2021 the OL was mediocre but the defense was solid and 12, 33, 17 was a nice pairing.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Typical. Dumbshits can't answer questions when asked.
    I answered your question, though I don't expect you to understand. You dumb shit shithead combo.

What question was that an answer to? oh yeah, HOW did we win 26 out of 33 games with what you say was a "crap" O Line? (I just called it mediocre.) It sort of sounds like you're saying Aaron Rodgers was the answer to HOW. Yes, I concur with that.
    So you are saying this is the SAME OL that we have had for the last 3 years? Strange. I remember an OLine of Bak, Jenkins, Lindsy, Turner, Bulaga not long ago. You said they were mediocre and it was all rodgers.

Our OL sunday was Yosh, runyan/tom, myers, Hanson, Newman. They were crap and Rodgers was Crap. In fairness Yosh was good. The others were crap. Tex, if I said the QB in Miami played shitty sunday you would claim I said Marino was a shitty QB.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Typical. Dumbshits can't answer questions when asked.
    I answered you in post #11.
    To save you time, this is the relevant part:
    They got to 13 wins the last two seasons because they had a talented roster, and because Rodgers played at MVP level with an OL that kept him upright most of the time. He also didn't have two rookies and a new FA in Watkins as major parts of the receiving group.
    Finally, they won by giving Jones/Dillon at least 25 touches per game (there's actually a stat about that one acmepacking posted).
    You could also say they won because the defense could pressure QBs and cover WRs, but I'm not sure I want to give Pettine/Barry that much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    So you are saying this is the SAME OL that we have had for the last 3 years? Strange. I remember an OLine of Bak, Jenkins, Lindsy, Turner, Bulaga not long ago. You said they were mediocre and it was all rodgers.

Our OL sunday was Yosh, runyan/tom, myers, Hanson, Newman. They were crap and Rodgers was Crap. In fairness Yosh was good. The others were crap. Tex, if I said the QB in Miami played shitty sunday you would claim I said Marino was a shitty QB.
    How many of the 33 regular season games the past two years did Bakhtiari play? How many of the 13 of 17 last season did Jenkins play? Not many in either case.

Myers is a damn good player, and Jenkins was damn good at Guard too. The inside run game looked really good with them at those spots. We've never had a decent outside running game with Bakhtiari and various guys on the other side. And whethr ya'all agree or not, and I suppose ya'all sacred cow worshippers do not, pass blocking has never been more than mediocre and overrated by the media, etc.. However, Aaron Rodgers never needed more than mediocre to excell and win 26 of 33 in the regular season. And yeah, as somebody said, and I actually agree, a few times the O Line play has dipped below mediocre - last week, the Tampa playoff game, etc., and then even Rodgers was not able to bail them out.

"an OLine of Bak, Jenkins, Lindsy, Turner, Bulaga not long ago" - yes, I did say they were mediocre as pass blockers, and I don't recall much success in the run game with them either. Rodgers was pressured on virtually every pass play, but he still made it work the great majority of the time.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Who played left tackle for the Packers last year most of the year? I am drawing a blank.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Who played left tackle for the Packers last year most of the year? I am drawing a blank.
    Jenkins and then Nijman when Jenkins got hurt. Then Billy Taylor in the playoff game.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Jenkins and then Nijman when Jenkins got hurt. Then Billy Taylor in the playoff game.
    So it was Nijman for most of the season? Didn't Jenkins get hurt midseason?

They did pretty dang good last year for such a banged up line. Josh Myers was out quite a bit too. Man, those lines in 2014 and then 2020 were something else. Some of the best lines ever.

That 2020 line with Bakh at LT, Jenkins at LG and Linsley at C was insanely good. They could run in the red zone against anybody.

Jenkins and Nijman each started 8 games. Bakhtiari started the last game at Detroit. Myers started 6 games.