Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Official WK2 Mobsters-Packers Discussion Thread

Not Mobsy - but maybe of interest. If George Halas had been on time back in 1915, there would have been no NFL.

BONUS/While You’re Here : The Grave of Papa Bear George Halas
    St. Adelbert Catholic Cemetery 6800 N. Milwaukee Ave., Niles, IL 60714
    Section 2, Lot 21, Block A (a small stone mausoleum)

Since you are right at the gates of St. Adelbert Cemetery, why not pop in to pay your respects to the father of pro football, George ‘Papa Bear’ Halas? Halas was instrumental in the formation of the league one day known as the NFL, starting a pro team dubbed the ‘Decatur Staleys’ in 1920. Those Staleys would soon become better known as the Chicago Bears. Halas was not only the team’s owner, he also served several stints as head coach. He was notably cheap, once being described by legendary player/coach Mike Ditka as a man “who throws around nickels like manhole covers.”
    Little Known Fact : Halas narrowly avoided becoming a victim in Chicago’s tragic Eastland Disaster. He was working (1915) for the Western Electric Company when employees were invited to board the Eastland passenger ship for a cruise and picnic excursion. He was running late and missed the boarding.
    The Eastland, while still moored its Chicago River berth, capsized, drowning 844 people (including many women and children) just yards from shore.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

I'm sayin it. Must win game. We know the math on 0-2 making playoffs..... but 0-2 vs. division. Thats a tough road to climb.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

There is a path by which CHI wins this game, but it's unlikely and I have to think GB comes out with a victory. They are the better team talent-wise.

I'm a little wiggy about this one.

If the Packers don't take this seriously, they could find themselves in some doody.

Had never heard of the Eastland disaster. How horrible...