Thread: Official 2023 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I know in the past we've done the thread about players we most do NOT want in R1, and I said Rashan Gary, and then the following year I said Jordan Love. After that I stopped posting about such players.

This year I will say it's Anthony Richardson, but I feel safe in saying that because I highly, highly doubt they would draft him. Great athlete, has tools to work with, but that dude can barely play QB properly on the college level, he is light years away from playing pro QB. Was the same deal with the Liberty kid last year (Malik Willis?), those guys are major projects and too risky to spend high draft capital on.

EDIT: I didn't want Gary because he seemed too boom/bust for me. I've since admitted I was wrong about Gary and have happily eaten crow on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I know in the past we've done the thread about players we most do NOT want in R1, and I said Rashan Gary, and then the following year I said Jordan Love. After that I stopped posting about such players.

This year I will say it's Anthony Richardson, but I feel safe in saying that because I highly, highly doubt they would draft him. Great athlete, has tools to work with, but that dude can barely play QB properly on the college level, he is light years away from playing pro QB. Was the same deal with the Liberty kid last year (Malik Willis?), those guys are major projects and too risky to spend high draft capital on.

EDIT: I didn't want Gary because he seemed too boom/bust for me. I've since admitted I was wrong about Gary and have happily eaten crow on that one.
    But we like to sit rookie QBs for 3 years anyway, so he would be a perfect Packer pick right? I kid....I hope.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    But we like to sit rookie QBs for 3 years anyway, so he would be a perfect Packer pick right? I kid....I hope.
    LOL
    I'm ok with sitting a QB and letting them learn from a vet. Few rookies are ready to play, and play well. I think the bust rate on QBs would be lower if they had more time to develop and get mentored in the pro game before being thrown in but that's the nature of the NFL.
    3 years is a long time to watch and learn, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    If Rodgers is back don't be surprised if they take Hendon Henderson in the second round and let him ride pine for 2 years and takes over when Rodgers rides into the sunset.