Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2023 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I'm not saying they can't be successful and turn it around. In fact I think they will in he comes back! But their best players are on their second contracts (or later) already so they're making big bucks. I don't really think the Eagles are a young team either, although I don't know their make-up that well. Their OL *seems* to be old and that is the heart of the team, and their front 7 too.
    Packers ranked 11th in average age of player at the start of the 2022 season. And that's with 3 of the oldest players in the NFL. Packers are a pretty young team and could get younger depending on what happens with Rodgers, Lewis and Crosby. Other than Bakhtiari, all members of the OL are 27 or younger.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers ranked 11th in average age of player at the start of the 2022 season. And that's with 3 of the oldest players in the NFL. Packers are a pretty young team and could get younger depending on what happens with Rodgers, Lewis and Crosby. Other than Bakhtiari, all members of the OL are 27 or younger.
    I agree they have young players but they don’t have any good young players. They don’t have anyone that is dramatically outperforming their rookie contract and due for a huge raise like Jaire and arguably Gary. 2020, 2021 are looking horrible so far. Looking like 2013-2016 TT. You could let those draft classes walk and not resign them and still be about the same. That’s why the Packers stunk in 2017, 2018 and looking like they stunk in 2023 and possibly 2024.

Agree the 2021 draft isn't looking great but the 2022 draft looks like a good one.

2020 draft has Dillon and Runyan Jr. (and Love and Deguara) so a bit meh.
    If Love actually sticks around and shows something as a QB could be a good draft, Deguara was efficient when used this year.

I don't think they lack any good young players, but '20 and '21 produced few starters (Stokes, Myers, Runyan).

If I'm the Packers, I'm thinking OT, DL, WR, TE, and S for the first five picks. Those are the holes. Gotta fill 'em. Kinda hoping for some trading up and loading up on earlier round players rather than depth. They need some home runs here.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    If I'm the Packers, I'm thinking OT, DL, WR, TE, and S for the first five picks. Those are the holes. Gotta fill 'em. Kinda hoping for some trading up and loading up on earlier round players rather than depth. They need some home runs here.
    What are we going to trade up with? It's not like we have a ton of picks in the draft to wheel and deal with. Do you want to give up some of next year's picks?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Fanspeak is allowing access to their Ultimate GM Draft Simulator through the weekend.

15: R1 P15 S Brian Branch - Alabama
    45: R2 P14 TE Dalton Kincaid - Utah
    100: R3 P37 LB Dorian Williams - Tulane
    116: R4 P14 WR Charlie Jones - Purdue
    128: R4 P26 G Warren McClendon - Georgia
    151: R5 P15 DE Adetomiwa Adebawore - Northwestern
    162: R5 P26 OT Ryan Hayes - Michigan
    171: R5 P35 EDGE Robert Beal - Georgia
    208: R6 P31 CB Darrell Luter Jr. - South Alabama
    234: R7 P15 TE Josh Whyle - Cincinnati
    237: R7 P18 WR Jake Bobo - UCLA
    244: R7 P25 EDGE Isaiah Land - Florida A&M
    257: R7 P38 LB Bumper Pool - Arkansas
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Ted Thompson had great luck drafting WRs in the second round. But the best one he took was a white supremacist from Kansas State. Let that sink in.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Ted Thompson had great luck drafting WRs in the second round. But the best one he took was a white supremacist from Kansas State. Let that sink in.
    Do you have any evidence Jordy Nelson was or is a white supremacist? I have heard zero about anything like that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Do you have any evidence Jordy Nelson was or is a white supremacist? I have heard zero about anything like that.
    My woke black friend who was raised by a white mom and acts more white than anyone I know told me all white people are white supremacists. Wake up.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Fanspeak is allowing access to their Ultimate GM Draft Simulator through the weekend.

15: R1 P15 S Brian Branch - Alabama
    45: R2 P14 TE Dalton Kincaid - Utah
    100: R3 P37 LB Dorian Williams - Tulane
    116: R4 P14 WR Charlie Jones - Purdue
    128: R4 P26 G Warren McClendon - Georgia
    151: R5 P15 DE Adetomiwa Adebawore - Northwestern
    162: R5 P26 OT Ryan Hayes - Michigan
    171: R5 P35 EDGE Robert Beal - Georgia
    208: R6 P31 CB Darrell Luter Jr. - South Alabama
    234: R7 P15 TE Josh Whyle - Cincinnati
    237: R7 P18 WR Jake Bobo - UCLA
    244: R7 P25 EDGE Isaiah Land - Florida A&M
    257: R7 P38 LB Bumper Pool - Arkansas
    do we really have that many picks, or are you projecting trades?

if we have that many picks then we definitely don't need that many rookies, time to make some trades

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

if we have that many picks then we definitely don't need that many rookies, time to make some trades
    I think he did some trade backs. Right now I think Packers are expected to have their own picks in 1-4 round, 2 5th's, no 6th and several 7th's.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    My woke black friend who was raised by a white mom and acts more white than anyone I know told me all white people are white supremacists. Wake up.
    Oh oh, sounds like banned talk..

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

I traded our 3rd round pick for a later 3rd Rd and 4th Rd. Traded the new 4th Rd for the later 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th.

I figure we have to dump $20,000,000 in salary cap by the start of the year. There are going to be a bunch of roster spots for rookies or league minimum vets to keep us under the cap this year no matter what we do with Arod.

-Tim Harmston

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    lol.

I would think 17 has surpassed 87 as the Polar Bear’s best WR draft pick. But 87 has a ring, so you might be right.

85 was pretty good, too. Taking about Greg Jennings, not Terrence Murphy, who donned 85 in his lone season in GB.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    lol.

I would think 17 has surpassed 87 as the Polar Bear’s best WR draft pick. But 87 has a ring, so you might be right.

85 was pretty good, too. Taking about Greg Jennings, not Terrence Murphy, who donned 85 in his lone season in GB.
    17 > 87 > 85, although APB is right that Jennings was pretty darn good and picked over everyone's darling: Chad Jackson.
    I get some of hate aimed at GJ, but I always thought it a bit much -- he was a borderline Pro Bowl WR most seasons, which is pretty good. (He made the PB twice)
    His performance during the 2010 season was damn good, and he was the WR1. Watch him during the playoff run in 2010; they had nobody who could play like that on the roster last year. Rodgers even threw to him in the middle of the field lol

Murphy was a shame. Everybody thought he looked very promising to have a long productive career.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I traded our 3rd round pick for a later 3rd Rd and 4th Rd. Traded the new 4th Rd for the later 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th.

I figure we have to dump $20,000,000 in salary cap by the start of the year. There are going to be a bunch of roster spots for rookies or league minimum vets to keep us under the cap this year no matter what we do with Arod.
    PFF and the Consensus Board have mock simulators too. Not sure if Draft Network's is running yet. They're all a little wacky and the rankings keep changing for players. I think that will be the case until a week or two after the combine.

GB currently has picks at 15 (R1), 45 (R2), 78 (R3), 113 (R4), 146 (R5), and three in R7 at 201, 210, 216. IIRC they have something like 11 roster spots open based on who is under contract, so it's possible they trade back but probably not much. Gute's tendency to keep all his draft pick rookies (e.g., Ford, Walker, Toure, Carpenter this year) tells me all his picks are making the roster barring criminal idiocy or player incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    PFF and the Consensus Board have mock simulators too. Not sure if Draft Network's is running yet. They're all a little wacky and the rankings keep changing for players. I think that will be the case until a week or two after the combine.

GB currently has picks at 15 (R1), 45 (R2), 78 (R3), 113 (R4), 146 (R5), and three in R7 at 201, 210, 216. IIRC they have something like 11 roster spots open based on who is under contract, so it's possible they trade back but probably not much. Gute's tendency to keep all his draft pick rookies (e.g., Ford, Walker, Toure, Carpenter this year) tells me all his picks are making the roster barring criminal idiocy or player incompetence.
    They're widely expected to get a 5th round comp pick for MVS. Some also think they'll get 2 7th round comp picks for Oren Burks and Chandon Sullivan. Not sure what Gute will do with 5 7th round picks. Maybe trade up but I don't think 7th round picks have much trade value.

If we trade rodgers and begin a rebuild we meed all those 7ths to round out the roster while we fix the cap.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    They're widely expected to get a 5th round comp pick for MVS. Some also think they'll get 2 7th round comp picks for Oren Burks and Chandon Sullivan. Not sure what Gute will do with 5 7th round picks. Maybe trade up but I don't think 7th round picks have much trade value.
    We could draft 7 Brock Purdys.

Those R7's are project players and ST depth guys they want to take a flier on and get them under contract vs. risk a UDFA bidding war.
    R7 picks generally don't have a lot of trade value, but you could package one with a R5 to move up higher in R5 if there's somebody falling down the board.

TT would be jealous of Gute having so many R7 picks. I sometimes wondered if he would trade down enough times to have all the R7 picks. Can't hit a HR without taking swings at the plate, and R7's are relatively cheap 4-year contracts.