Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2023 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Keep them coming Harvey, they were admittedly his highlights but they showed good instincts and tackling ability, things Savage lacks.
    My guy getting some publicity.

Unpacking Future Packers: No. 79, Oklahoma State S Jason Taylor II
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    OK Harv, starting to really like this guy. I like that he's reliable and can play ST. Decent size, long arms, speed seems good enough, not sure about single-high but if his instincts are good you can get by. They will need replacements at one if not both starting safety spots so he could compete there by mid-season.

Sounds like a very instinctive player. I've seen some sites though that have him rated so low that it would be doubtful he'd be drafted. Knock seems to be lack of coverage range. Did he light it up at the Senior Bowl? Was he invited to the combine?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Sounds like a very instinctive player. I've seen some sites though that have him rated so low that it would be doubtful he'd be drafted. Knock seems to be lack of coverage range. Did he light it up at the Senior Bowl? Was he invited to the combine?
    That will probably change. The fact he ended up getting a late Senior Bowl invite and a scouting combine invite bodes well for him getting drafted. I think if he tests relatively well, he'll get drafted.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I know in the past we've done the thread about players we most do NOT want in R1, and I said Rashan Gary, and then the following year I said Jordan Love. After that I stopped posting about such players.

This year I will say it's Anthony Richardson, but I feel safe in saying that because I highly, highly doubt they would draft him. Great athlete, has tools to work with, but that dude can barely play QB properly on the college level, he is light years away from playing pro QB. Was the same deal with the Liberty kid last year (Malik Willis?), those guys are major projects and too risky to spend high draft capital on.

EDIT: I didn't want Gary because he seemed too boom/bust for me. I've since admitted I was wrong about Gary and have happily eaten crow on that one.

I liked the Jace Stergberger pick when it happened. But shortly after he was drafted I had him followed on Twitter and he was doing all of these male modeling photos where he would strike a pose and dress cool. It was concerning. I hope we don’t draft any instagram models this year.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I liked the Jace Stergberger pick when it happened. But shortly after he was drafted I had him followed on Twitter and he was doing all of these male modeling photos where he would strike a pose and dress cool. It was concerning. I hope we don’t draft any instagram models this year.
    Sound scouting advice.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

So avoid guys from Tommy Hilfiger U. Got it.

But scour the Colorado School of Mimes. Or Mines.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I'm pretty sure my sleeper at WR is going to be Grant DuBose of Charlotte. I thought he looked pretty good at the Senior Bowl. I only found one video of him, but it was a good one. He's 6'2" 204 with 6'5 1/2" wingspan, he's athletic, and he shows a little bit of everything in that game. Another one that I'll be watching at the scouting combine. If he tests well (at that size), I think he'll move up boards. I think he's going to test well. He seems like a good kid too.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I know in the past we've done the thread about players we most do NOT want in R1, and I said Rashan Gary, and then the following year I said Jordan Love. After that I stopped posting about such players.

This year I will say it's Anthony Richardson, but I feel safe in saying that because I highly, highly doubt they would draft him. Great athlete, has tools to work with, but that dude can barely play QB properly on the college level, he is light years away from playing pro QB. Was the same deal with the Liberty kid last year (Malik Willis?), those guys are major projects and too risky to spend high draft capital on.

EDIT: I didn't want Gary because he seemed too boom/bust for me. I've since admitted I was wrong about Gary and have happily eaten crow on that one.
    But we like to sit rookie QBs for 3 years anyway, so he would be a perfect Packer pick right? I kid....I hope.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    But we like to sit rookie QBs for 3 years anyway, so he would be a perfect Packer pick right? I kid....I hope.
    LOL
    I'm ok with sitting a QB and letting them learn from a vet. Few rookies are ready to play, and play well. I think the bust rate on QBs would be lower if they had more time to develop and get mentored in the pro game before being thrown in but that's the nature of the NFL.
    3 years is a long time to watch and learn, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    If Rodgers is back don't be surprised if they take Hendon Henderson in the second round and let him ride pine for 2 years and takes over when Rodgers rides into the sunset.

For those that are interested, I subscribed to Caddy's Cutups on Patreon this year. He uploads All-22 film of the prospects. It only costs $3/month. (You can get cutups for this year prospects only for $2/month.) It's been a great help.

Harv what do you believe the Packers biggest holes are?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Packers biggest holes:
    S, TE, DL, OL, WR (with promise that this is trending up depending on 2nd seasons from Watson, Dobbs and Tourre), CB (based on Stokes' knee)
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I think Edge is a huge hole. Gary probably won't be back until sometime in October. So you've got Preston Smith, a promising guy in Enagbare, and not much else. You need at least 3 good ones or your starters will become fatigued from having to play too many snaps.

Yeah, Edge is the most likely First Round pick, regardless of Gary's situation. After that, nothing is really urgent, but Safety, TE, maybe another Edge would be good to get as well as a Kicker. Also, if there's a possible Love trade or heaven forbid, the GOAT himself, we could use a late round backup QB. We almost always take O Line help, D Line help, a WR and a Corner toward the end of the draft.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

We always seem to need defense first, even though we've spent a large number of resources drafting on the defensive side of the ball.

KYPack

Blog Entries
    I would love to see GB draft a WR/TE in the first two rounds and then they can binge draft defense if they want.

Of course most likely they'll go defense in round one like they have the past 25 drafts...lol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?