Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2023 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers currently have the 11th pick in the NFL Draft. The last time the Packers picked 11th was 1983 when they drafted Tim Lewis.

Recent 11th picks:

2022: Chris Olave
    2021: Justin Fields
    2020: Mekhi Becton
    2019: Jonah Williams
    2018: Minkah Fitzpatrick
    4 quality pros right there
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

The Packers aren’t going to pick 11th. Lazard will come back. Doubs keeps getting better. Watson will come back. The OL will get healthy and start to gel. The Packers had an unsuspectingly hard schedule against top teams no one thought would be top teams to start the season.

We win a bunch of games down the stretch. Book it.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    The Packers aren’t going to pick 11th. Lazard will come back. Doubs keeps getting better. Watson will come back. The OL will get healthy and start to gel. The Packers had an unsuspectingly hard schedule against top teams no one thought would be top teams to start the season.

We win a bunch of games down the stretch. Book it.
    I'm putting on green and gold glasses for this next one too.

Just win one, baby. I will pretend J.B. is not DC and the first 8 games were an aberration.

Truth is this: if the line stays healthy, it can be very good. WRs have the talent, not the experience (the future is very bright). Cobb and Lazard staying healthy are pretty critical: those are your third down guys, and they both are very reliable in that role, as well as "catches everything" Tonyan..............so it comes down to luck (health wise) to put together a run. It's the NFC, and nobody looks dominant though a couple teams could become so in the second half.

The line is the real key imo. Bakh was very good, and no reason to believe, Jenkins doesn't return to old form at his most comfortable position.

Yep. It’s about to roll.

I haven’t bet all year but imma bet on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I haven’t bet all year but imma bet on this one.
    That's the spirit.

i'm done drafting D in the first and then watching our D continue to suck every year

if the Gunt tries to pull the same shit he did in the last draft, then fire him before he can make the pick

STOP WASTING PICK!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    wr's for like the 10th year in a row
    This.
    It was pretty fucking obvious the WR situation wasn't great. Just Adams and scrubs. Now it's just scrubs and hoping some rookies might not suck in the future. Slow moving train wreck that anybody not named Gute could see coming.

They also need some tackles with functional knees.

Can they draft a defensive coordinator?
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    This.
    It was pretty fucking obvious the WR situation wasn't great. Just Adams and scrubs. Now it's just scrubs and hoping some rookies might not suck in the future. Slow moving train wreck that anybody not named Gute could see coming.

They also need some tackles with functional knees.

Can they draft a defensive coordinator?
    no, but we could maybe trade a pic for a decent DC

i know its happened for head coaches

but them we would just trade a pic for some bum that matty once saw walking in a hallway somewhere

They're gonna sneak into the playoffs, not a doubt in my mind.

They don't draft WRs in the first round. I think that's a Ted and Gute thing.

My guess is they feel the bust rate is too high and you can find them in later rounds, like RBs.

I think they will go BPA of course, but that's most likely to be among OT, EDGE, S, DL.

I suppose there's an outside shot at taking a QB in R1 also. If they thought Love was the next franchise QB I'm not 100% convinced they give Rodgers his extension.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    They don't draft WRs in the first round. I think that's a Ted and Gute thing.

The Game has changed since the days of Ted; perhaps Gutebag has fallen behind the times
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Agree.

I think they will have to continue to invest in WRs, likely more often too. WR salaries have really gone up the last few years and if you aren't reliant on one to drive your offense (e.g., Adams) you have more leverage as well as a backup plan if you bring in rookies. They haven't had that in a few seasons -- it's really just been Adams and then everyone else is the backup band. That's costing them this year. Drafting (or getting very lucky with a FA or trade) will be the way to go -- I'm not sure a team can afford two $20M/yr WRs unless they are saving money elsewhere.

we sure have come a long way in the last decade

in 2011 we had jennings, driver, jordy, james jones and cobb

5 guys that could be #1s or #2s

right now we don't have anybody worth being a #2

back in those days we had talent coming out of our ears but we were still investing in the position almost every draft

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    we sure have come a long way in the last decade

in 2011 we had jennings, driver, jordy, james jones and cobb

5 guys that could be #1s or #2s

right now we don't have anybody worth being a #2

back in those days we had talent coming out of our ears but we were still investing in the position almost every draft

GOING BEST TO ORIGINAL QUESTION, and MAYBE THIS DESERVES IT"S OWN THREAD ?

Has Gute Fallen behind the times ? A while ago WR perhaps was not a very key position.

Now you have QB as #1...........and honestly I'm not sure what three positions are the most importants ones on the team. But when building a roster, where you roll your money to excel sure seems to have changed in the last 5ish years.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    GOING BEST TO ORIGINAL QUESTION, and MAYBE THIS DESERVES IT"S OWN THREAD ?

Has Gute Fallen behind the times ? A while ago WR perhaps was not a very key position.

Now you have QB as #1...........and honestly I'm not sure what three positions are the most importants ones on the team. But when building a roster, where you roll your money to excel sure seems to have changed in the last 5ish years.
    i think he might just suck at drafting

i mean a couple years ago we needed help at WR to team with adams. we didn't need a RB, we took dillon in the second, then in the 3rd we took a fullback and turned him into a shitty TE

Packers currently with the 8th pick in the NFL Draft. Last time Packers drafted 8th was 1956. They drafted HB Jack Losch. Losch played in 12 games in 1956 and had 43 rushing yards and 85 receiving yards. That was it for his career.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I’m thinking we throw Love out there for at least part of the rest of the season and go full tank. We may yet get a new starting QB out of this season, just not the way we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I’m thinking we throw Love out there for at least part of the rest of the season and go full tank. We may yet get a new starting QB out of this season, just not the way we thought.
    we have to see for sure what we got

if he looks like shit we have to draft another QB next year

My first thoughts are QB, LT and either EDGE or CB. I'm just spitballing there.

They don't have to draft WRs in R1, but they did need to draft WRs more often to try and hit on a few. At least a Day 2/early Day 3 pick every other year because they get hurt, good ones cost a lot, and you can find them in later rounds. Part of it is the drafting as well -- this team is different if they pick Amon St. Brown instead of Amari Rodgers.

Not a huge fan of drafting TE's early because there are about as many difference makers at TE as there are elite QB's. They're hard to find and not worth spending a lot to get an adequate one.