Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: Official 2023 NFL Draft Thread

I’m hoping tyree Wilson falls. I watched the edge guys and I thought he looked the most explosive disengaging from blocks and going 0 to 100 instantly and making plays. The other two (Murphy and Van Ness) remind me a bit of Preston.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

With the very little I’ve looked into… Mike Wahle is on the Green Bay sports radio show once a week and he said Skoronsky is the best OL in the draft. As solid as they come according to Wahle. So I want Skoronsky even though he has short arms and is only 6’4”. He does carry 315 well and very athletic at that weight. And very natural as an OL. So he has enough strengths to overcome the short arms.

And I also hope for Tyree Wilson. He looked like a beast.

We don’t get top 13 picks often. Big guys are so hard to find. I’m hoping for one of my big guys.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    With the very little I’ve looked into… Mike Wahle is on the Green Bay sports radio show once a week and he said Skoronsky is the best OL in the draft. As solid as they come according to Wahle. So I want Skoronsky even though he has short arms and is only 6’4”. He does carry 315 well and very athletic at that weight. And very natural as an OL. So he has enough strengths to overcome the short arms.

We don’t get top 13 picks often. Big guys are so hard to find. I’m hoping for one of my big guys.
    Green Bay has had plenty of Tackles with long arms that sucked.. lol Good football players are just good.

Tyree Wilson might be the first defensive player taken, before Jalen Carter and Will Anderson. No way he falls outside the top 7.

I think Skoronski could survive at tackle, but he'd thrive at guard. Length is an issue on the outside with him. I know people have talked about Bulaga and his short arms, Skoronski has even shorter. I just think he's better inside, just like I think Elgton Jenkins is better at G than T. I could see a team taking him high and trying him both places, you'll get a solid 10 year player with some position flexibility. I'd put him at LG and train him to be a backup at T though.

I'm kinda on the Darnell Ws bandwagon - Wright and Washington, although if they could trade down a few spots in R1, still get Wright and pick up a R3 that would be even better. I think EDGE in R2 is a high likelihood. Hard to say until the draft starts and players come off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    are we on the board yet?
    Not yet, Red. Keep drinking.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I’ve heard from other spots that he’s the best lineman in the draft also

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Not yet, Red. Keep drinking.
    Already on it

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Tyree Wilson might be the first defensive player taken, before Jalen Carter and Will Anderson. No way he falls outside the top 7.

I think Skoronski could survive at tackle, but he'd thrive at guard. Length is an issue on the outside with him. I know people have talked about Bulaga and his short arms, Skoronski has even shorter. I just think he's better inside, just like I think Elgton Jenkins is better at G than T. I could see a team taking him high and trying him both places, you'll get a solid 10 year player with some position flexibility. I'd put him at LG and train him to be a backup at T though.

I'm kinda on the Darnell Ws bandwagon - Wright and Washington, although if they could trade down a few spots in R1, still get Wright and pick up a R3 that would be even better. I think EDGE in R2 is a high likelihood. Hard to say until the draft starts and players come off the board.
    Washington and his 775 yards and 3 TDs over his 3 years in college?

This is the type of player that people are over drafting the shit out of right now that will probably still be around when we pick in the second

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Already on it
    Anybody have a guess what time we will pick?

Skoronski won't make it to us. Real GMs draft elite bug men early. You might see 3 OL gone before we pick. Skoronski almost certainly.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    The first 4 picks of round 2......after trades.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    maybe between 10-10:30 ET.

if we stay at 13

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Skoronski won't make it to us. Real GMs draft elite bug men early. You might see 3 OL gone before we pick. Skoronski almost certainly.
    i don't think anyone has a clue where anyone is going in this draft.

i'm looking at mocks right now, and they are all over the place

This is the type of player that people are over drafting the shit out of right now that will probably still be around when we pick in the second
    I wouldn't want a TE in R1 unless it was at pick 28 or later. TE is a tricky one with positional value. I like Washington as a true inline TE -- dude can block and should be a RZ weapon at a minimum. They'd still need another TE who was more of the Tonyan type, but that's doable. It looks like Washington is still there, so is Mayer. The only TE taken was Kincaid at 25. Some people were saying he was a top 15 or top 10 pick which was bonkers. Two RBs were taken. That tells you the positional value of a TE. You can find at least average to slightly above average ones into Day 3 with a little luck.

It will be interesting to see how the first six or seven picks fall in round two. There was that run on WR's in round one, and I wonder if that will pick up again today early on. Mingo and Rice are two guys mentioned a lot in connection with GB, so it'll be interesting to see if they're there when the Packers pick. The tight ends - there's a cornucopia of them. But again, an early run on them might have Packer fans pooping their pants, But let's hope Guter is as cool as a cucumber. Most likely scenario: a couple of tight ends and one of the wide receivers are still sitting there when Guter comes up for #42. So he picks . . . an offensive guard. Then a tight and and wide receiver go next, so when Guter comes up on the clock, he's got to take a TE, so he grabs whoever's left. Or he reaches on a safety.

I don't like this safety class, at all. I'm hoping Guter won't do that. Take a couple in the middle rounds, per Harv's advice.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

If you are taking Darnell Washington to catch passes out of the gate then yes, you are over drafting him. If you are taking him because he might just be the best blocker in the draft then you are not over inflating him.

A couple of people here on Rats seem to think Washington has some potential as a pass-catcher, too. I'd be thrilled if they got him today, though I'm not sure he'll be there by the eleventh pick of the round.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    A couple of people here on Rats seem to think Washington has some potential as a pass-catcher, too. I'd be thrilled if they got him today, though I'm not sure he'll be there by the eleventh pick of the round.
    Well he didn't disappoint at the combine in terms of athletic ability and speed. He also has made some great plays catching the ball at Georgia, but Georgia also has Brock Bowers who might just be a top 5 pick in next year's draft. Bowers led the Bulldogs in receptions with 56 catches, 882 yards, and 13 touchdowns.

Looking around, there seems to be a school of thought that we missed by not taking Smith-Njigba. I was not enamored with him at the 13th pick. I think we can still pick up a good WR/TE in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Looking around, there seems to be a school of thought that we missed by not taking Smith-Njigba. I was not enamored with him at the 13th pick. I think we can still pick up a good WR/TE in the second.
    I agree I think the Packers could make a lot of hay in the 2nd and 3rd round, especially at TE and WR. My question is where do you get a competent safety? Or maybe you don't and your defense sucks again.