Thread: Off-season 2023 Banjo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Unless Over the Cap is wrong, trading Rodgers after June 1st leads to a massive cap hit.
    https://overthecap.com/player/aaron-rodgers/1085

I think it might be possible to trade Rodgers very soon (before March) so that the next team has to pay the guaranteed bonus coming up.
    If I'm reading it right, according to OTC, the cap hit is 98 million if they trade him before June 1, and 30 million if they trade him after June 1. I don't think you can trade players anymore in this league year.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If I'm reading it right, according to OTC, the cap hit is 98 million if they trade him before June 1, and 30 million if they trade him after June 1. I don't think you can trade players anymore in this league year.
    Somewhere on this site someone found a link to a guy who actually had a really good breakdown of his deal and it was nowhere near as bad as we all thought it was by looking at OTC and sporran

We take a big hit, but it’s not 98 million (I don’t think). And could be spread over 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Somewhere on this site someone found a link to a guy who actually had a really good breakdown of his deal and it was nowhere near as bad as we all thought it was by looking at OTC and sporran

We take a big hit, but it’s not 98 million (I don’t think). And could be spread over 2 years
    Ken Ingalls.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap 💰
    @KenIngalls

Replying to
    @KenIngalls
    There is zero way to reduce this $40.31M of dead cap. There is no magic Drew Brees or Bobby Bonilla method to make this disappear as the money has already been paid.

Best case is to spread $15.83M to 2023 & $24.48M to 2024 if the retirement is processed after June 1, 2023.
    Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap 💰
    @KenIngalls

These numbers are exactly the same if Aaron Rodgers is traded instead of retires. The $40.31M does not transfer to the new team even if they would be willing to take some/all of it on.

A new team would have Rodgers at a $15.79M cap hit in 2023 after exercising his $58.3M option.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Ken Ingalls.
    There is a giant roster bonus do on the first day of the new year. If the team picks that up, then the dead cap jumps up to like 100 million

I think I read somewhere that if they pick up the first option it locks in all the other years options