Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-season 2023 Banjo

Off-season 2023 Banjo

Gonna miss war daddy. Kid is a baller. He’s a hybrid TE/WR and they used him in that sort of role. He’ll have a long career with the way he blocks and can still be a pass catcher.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

Put me in the WFC category; we'll have to find another undrafted FA to replace him. Him starting shows what a shit job Gutebag has done in finding another WR before this year
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Seems maybe WR's want out of Green Bay. Packers need to figure out why, if they don't already know.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Seems maybe WR's want out of Green Bay. Packers need to figure out why, if they don't already know.
    well theres been stories printed, but because they weren't gobbling on the mighty ones donger, people said it was just made up bullshit

maybe someone will pay him, but he's a #3 or #4, not much more

This is dumb (more the Reddit headline). He never said he was leaving, if you actually listened to the interview.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    well theres been stories printed, but because they weren't gobbling on the mighty ones donger, people said it was just made up bullshit

maybe someone will pay him, but he's a #3 or #4, not much more
    The class of FA WR's is weak, so a good chance Lazard will get overpaid.

I think it’s the other way around. Didn’t he want a contract this year and didn’t get one?

I think it’s the other way around. Didn’t he want a contract this year and didn’t get one?
    Which may be why WR's may eventually want out of Green Bay. Maybe they don't feel Gute recognizes and rewards their value to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    This is dumb (more the Reddit headline). He never said he was leaving, if you actually listened to the interview.
    You may be right. At first listen I thought he was saying he has already decided it was his last game here. But he may have just been saying it was potentially his last game here.

Not sure I agree. He said “which it is” IIRC to it being his last game.

Which may be why WR's may eventually want out of Green Bay. Maybe they don't feel Gute recognizes and rewards their value to the team.
    Good point, it very well could be a thing. I think Lazard is not as valuable to other teams as the Pack. Lunch pail player but I like him around.

When is Mark Murphy’s retirement? I have a theory that maybe they will do whatever they can to keep ARod around through that so they keep their jobs through the new guy.

When is Mark Murphy’s retirement? I have a theory that maybe they will do whatever they can to keep ARod around through that so they keep their jobs through the new guy.
    I think he said he's due to retire in summer of 2025.

Not sure I agree. He said “which it is” IIRC to it being his last game.
    "I came to the realization that my first game here and potentially my last game was versus the Lions"

Nowhere in that video did he say "which it is".
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

"I came to the realization that my first game here and potentially my last game was versus the Lions"

Nowhere in that video did he say "which it is".
    He says "potentially my last game, which it is". Easy to interpret it as him saying it was his last game, but he's only, accurately, saying it potentially is his last game for the Packers. No intention or desire to leave the organization, but no strong desire to come back either. Often you hear players hoping to be back, but nothing in this case.

He's going to test the waters, no reason for him not to since the Packers won't give him a massive contract. He'll get what he can get, probably elsewhere.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

As somebody said, he didn't say what the title implies - I think the term for that is click bait. I expect Lazard to be in Green Bay next year and maybe beyond with a respectable but not overly high salary.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Well, I misheard that. Took me three times to listen to that to actually hear it. That's a strange thing to say.

The only reason people are leaving at this point is because the Packers cap space is almost entirely ate up by a handful of players. Anyone looking to get a top level salary is going to have to look elsewhere at this point, because the Packers won’t be in the market for any more expensive contracts until they dig out from the clusterfuck of Rodgers’ contract.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    The only reason people are leaving at this point is because the Packers cap space is almost entirely ate up by a handful of players. Anyone looking to get a top level salary is going to have to look elsewhere at this point, because the Packers won’t be in the market for any more expensive contracts until they dig out from the clusterfuck of Rodgers’ contract.
    True. They have cap issues to sort out, and what they do with the QB will drive many decisions too.
    I doubt Lazard's the top priority for them this offseason.

I think they'd like to bring Lazard back; he has more value to certain teams like GB, SF, MIA, LAR... possibly CHI and MIN. Any with Shanahan roots that would like a big blocking WR.
    He's a good blocker and best in the 'big slot' role, but some teams aren't going to value him. He'll get interest and with the WR FA market being kind of bananas he could get a nice offer. If that's the case I wish him luck -- he seems like a good dude and he's earned a payday. He's a nice player but I don't think his skills are irreplaceable. I could see GB going younger (Lazard is 27) and cheaper, possibly with a TE who can run.