Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-season 2023 Banjo

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I was thinking DB coaching gig could give him a year to learn and get comfy with MILF before taking the DC job next year. I can't imagine Barry lasts beyond one more year given his awful track record.

If the Packers roll with Love, I kinda hope they bring in Hendon Henderson in the 2nd. It sounds like scouts absolutely love him and he could be the sleeper of the draft.
    Hendon Hooker? 2nd might be a little early. But it's early. He'd be a developmental guy who ran a spread offense very different from NFL offenses.

Hooker operates in a vertical spread tempo offense with very little translatability to the next level. The receiver alignments are incredibly wide and the vertical passing concepts are mostly foreign to the NFL. The system feasts on manufactured spacing with very little progression-style passing. Hooker isn’t tasked with making many decisions and throws are often predetermined. Hooker hasn’t showcased himself as a quarterback who makes anticipatory throws with consistency. Further complicating his projection to the NFL is that he turns 25 in January of 2023 and tore his ACL late in the 2022 season and may need to take a full redshirt year in the NFL.

Hooker’s age, injury status, and adjustment to the next level make him a complicated evaluation. There is appeal for him as a developmental starter if everything comes together but he at least should provide value as a backup.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Yeah, I've heard some people basically claim that Tennessee (and thus Hendon Hooker) don't really run a real offense. Makes me wonder about the two WRs (Wyatt and ???) and their learning curves. His age and injury history are concerns also. Day 3 developmental guy. Same with Michael Penix. BTW, both could sell a lot of jerseys lol

The COVID super senior stuff will work its way out soon, but when I see some of these 5th and 6th year seniors putting on highlights it doesn't wow me. They're basically 23 year olds playing against 19 year olds... of course they should dominate. Compare with Kenny Clark, who just finished his 7th season. Dude is 27 years old and seems like he's been seeing double teams playing for GB forever. Still needs help on the DL.

Nobody really wants an aging Hooker.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Or just an average one.

LOL!!!!!

Maybe it just means the price isn't exorbitant.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

You think Rodgers is literally going to this dark room thing by himself? Do you think he has security detail?

It seems super risky to go somewhere where folks know you have nothing in the way of security, communication, etc.

Anyone just think it's a BS story and he's not actually doing that for four days? That seems like a gigantic waste of time.

You think Rodgers is literally going to this dark room thing by himself? Do you think he has security detail?

It seems super risky to go somewhere where folks know you have nothing in the way of security, communication, etc.

Anyone just think it's a BS story and he's not actually doing that for four days? That seems like a gigantic waste of time.
    Ish, that seems like EXACTLY the kind of thing Rodgers would do.

Not sure how the security part would work. Maybe the facility has private security all over the place. And someone to greet you after four days without light, to re-orient you. Bet that messes a person up.

KYPack

We should have a packerrats field trip and show up on day 2 of his darkness retreat to get his autograph!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Part of me wonders how good this team could be if they had a Corey Linsley type guy at center and a prime Bryan Bulaga at RT. Those mid-2010 lines were so dominant. I would like to see the Packers draft some big uglies high and continue to build the team through the OL and DL. It seems like there is almost always a WR type player available via trade or something if they need a weapon.

Part of me wonders how good this team could be if they had a Corey Linsley type guy at center and a prime Bryan Bulaga at RT. Those mid-2010 lines were so dominant. I would like to see the Packers draft some big uglies high and continue to build the team through the OL and DL. It seems like there is almost always a WR type player available via trade or something if they need a weapon.
    Not sure if drafting high is always the key though. Sitton, Lang, Tretter, Bakhtiari were 4th round picks. Linsley was a 5th round pick. On the other hand, Myers and Jason Spriggs were 2nd round picks. Bottom line is, you have to make some good picks no matter what the round is. Gute has traded away quite a few mid-round picks to move up in draft. Maybe he needs to keep more of those picks so he has more shots of getting one right. Zach Tom is looking like a good 4th round pick. Hopefully we'll see more of those.

Hard to believe Myers isn't appreciated. We never had much inside running with Linsley. Myers is about as good for pass blocking and way better for run blocking.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Hard to believe Myers isn't appreciated. We never had much inside running with Linsley. Myers is about as good for pass blocking and way better for run blocking.
    You and maybe Myers' mother are the only ones who think he is as good as Linsley.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You and maybe Myers' mother are the only ones who think he is as good as Linsley.
    HAHAHAHA this.
    Myers is not as good as Linsley, and it's not particularly close. Myers hasn't been a disaster, but he's been mediocre and possibly even a slight disappointment. I would not be shocked if they don't bring in stronger competition for him this offseason. You might want to revisit some of your posts re: Linsley, especially in his contract year with GB.

You can find pretty good OL all over the place in the draft and occasionally UDFAs. Those tend to be IOL; most OT are R1 and R2 picks. Bakhtiari is a rare Day 3 LT who played well enough to get All Pro and Pro Bowl nods. If you look back over the last 10-15 years you won't see many of those in end of season lists.

The vast majority of All-Pro OL and DL actually are taken in R1 or R2, it's been proven you can find TEs and WRs later. In other words, there is some statistical proof that drafting big men (and QBs) early is a good strategy.

How do you Linley overraters and Myers detractors explain the excellent inside running game we've had the past two seasons - far better than we had with Linsley as Center?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

How do you Linley overraters and Myers detractors explain the excellent inside running game we've had the past two seasons - far better than we had with Linsley as Center?
    Can you provide proof that it's 'far better'? What does 'far better' mean?
    There are statistics that tell you the offense did poorly on 4th downs and also inside the 5 with Myers at starter this year compared with 2 years ago.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Can you provide proof that it's 'far better'? What does 'far better' mean?
    There are statistics that tell you the offense did poorly on 4th downs and also inside the 5 with Myers at starter this year compared with 2 years ago.
    Well, Tex has been complaining for years that Bach sucks and we can't run outside zone. So that means we can only run inside zone. And Tex remembers that one play where Myers had a good block so he must be better.

Actual numbers:
    2022: 456 attempts, 2,113 yards, 12 TDs, 4.63 YPC
    2021: 446 attempts, 1,900 yards, 13 TDs, 4.26 YPC
    2020: 443 attempts, 2,118 yards, 16 TDs, 4.78 YPC
    2019: 411 attempts, 1,795 yards, 18 TDs, 4.37 YPC
    2018: 333 attempts, 1,667 yards, 14 TDs, 5.01 YPC

Of course totals don't tell you what the play call was or not.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Also: when looking at totals consider the last two years have included a 17th game.

1) We had great inside running with Lindsey. 2) Myers was damn good his rookie year, but regressed this last season. Not totally uncommon coming off an injury. I'll be interested in year 3.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.