Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-season 2023 Banjo

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    How do you Linley overraters and Myers detractors explain the excellent inside running game we've had the past two seasons - far better than we had with Linsley as Center?
    Do I need to explain something you are wrong about??
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Well, Tex has been complaining for years that Bach sucks and we can't run outside zone. So that means we can only run inside zone. And Tex remembers that one play where Myers had a good block so he must be better.

Actual numbers:
    2022: 456 attempts, 2,113 yards, 12 TDs, 4.63 YPC
    2021: 446 attempts, 1,900 yards, 13 TDs, 4.26 YPC
    2020: 443 attempts, 2,118 yards, 16 TDs, 4.78 YPC
    2019: 411 attempts, 1,795 yards, 18 TDs, 4.37 YPC
    2018: 333 attempts, 1,667 yards, 14 TDs, 5.01 YPC

Of course totals don't tell you what the play call was or not.
    At least you got your last line right. I'm fairly sure a whole lot more of those successful runs were up the middle/in the guard-center gap. And a lot of failed outside runs were to Bakhtiari's side. Claiming Myers had a good block on "one play" is both blind and stupid. Somebody said Myers regressed after the injury in his second season ....... maybe some. It's also possible the Guard play wasn't as good.

As for Linsley, he was good too, although I still don't think he was as good as Myers. And Linsley was commanding way too much money. It was a good move to let him go.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Tex, as my gramp would say, "Your eyes must be brown, cause you are full of shit"

Cease and desist with your evaluation of Oline personnel.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

So you're saying the team did NOT run with great success inside and did NOT generally have very little success running outside either left or right? Seriously?

So you're saying the team did NOT run with great success inside and did NOT generally have very little success running outside either left or right? Seriously?
    I don't see where he said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Hendon Hooker? 2nd might be a little early. But it's early. He'd be a developmental guy who ran a spread offense very different from NFL offenses.
    I don't know who he played for, but it reminds me a lot of Art Briles' offense: quick to formation, widely spaced receivers, deep routes, small route tree. This forces the defense to play a lot of man. QB reads only left or right half of the field, picks his target based on alignment and feasts off the fourth-best receiver being better than the fourth-best DB. Throw in QB/RB delayed handoff drawing safetys close, pulling OL on every play, and CFB's more generous downfield-blocking tolerance, and it's a vicious concept that doesn't translate well to the pros.
    Last edited by NewsBruin; 02-14-2023 at 09:09 PM.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Ish, that seems like EXACTLY the kind of thing Rodgers would do.

Not sure how the security part would work. Maybe the facility has private security all over the place. And someone to greet you after four days without light, to re-orient you. Bet that messes a person up.
    Might just go to his five-car garage and have an epiphany after tripping over the lawnmower.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Rodgers buddies all void tomorrow so today should be telling about the future for him,

Jimmy in Philly. Why did GB not make the call? Flower is a good coach but won’t be great if he won’t try to get incremental

https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPac...tm_name=iossmf

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Jimmy in Philly. Why did GB not make the call? Flower is a good coach but won’t be great if he won’t try to get incremental

https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPac...tm_name=iossmf
    Didn't Leonhard turn down the Packers DC job 2 years ago?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

In a few hours the 16M in dead cap space for the void contracts hits. Even if we clear up 16 million with restructures, it’ll still just bring us back to breaking even. This is where you get to the point in the road where you already kicked the can.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    In a few hours the 16M in dead cap space for the void contracts hits. Even if we clear up 16 million with restructures, it’ll still just bring us back to breaking even. This is where you get to the point in the road where you already kicked the can.
    And this, along with trading away draft picks to move up constantly is what I hammer Gutes for.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I still say Myers is the best player in the current O Line, and he is about as good as Linsley was when he demanded too much money and was let go, and the proof of that is the excellent inside running game the Packers have had the past couple of years.

What team without a rookie contract QB isn’t in cap hell right now?

Blog Entries
    I still say Myers is the best player in the current O Line, and he is about as good as Linsley was when he demanded too much money and was let go, and the proof of that is the excellent inside running game the Packers have had the past couple of years.

TEX refer to Susan Powers catch phrase with all of this . He's fine. But he's just fine. But hes not our our best OL; and hes not nearly as good as Linsley
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Way better for the money than Linsley demanded - and got - from the Chargers or whoever. And other than Jenkins before his knee injury, nobody in the O Line has played better, and that includes the sacred cow.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    What team without a rookie contract QB isn’t in cap hell right now?
    The Detroit Lions.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The Detroit Lions.
    Fair but give it a few It's funny - I think everyone thought Goff was overpaid but with how QB contracts have gone he is now a deal

I would say that for all practical purposes, the concept of "cap hell" doesn't exist. However, for those who do believe in that sort of thing, which would you rather have, a chronic loser team (think the Lions) that is in good shape cap-wise, OR a team that has a record like the Packers have had for 3+ decades with Favre and Rodgers?

The problem with your either/or is that it's not quite the truth. The Packers were in good shape cap-wise for years, even with Rodgers, when Ted was at the helm. He may have been even a bit too careful. But he did manage the cap very well. Gutes had that advantage when he took over, and he's used that all up and then some.

And yes, the Packers are in a cap hell. Wait to hear people start yelling when the Packers don't sign anyone in free agency because they can't afford to, or when a good player walks because the team couldn't afford the next contract.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack