Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-season 2023 Banjo

I think the best scenario is wait until after June 1 and trade Rodgers to Las Vegas for a 2024 1st round pick. Rodgers gets reunited with Adams, and gets the chance to play close to home so he'll agree to the contract. Raiders can afford it because they will save almost $30 million on the cap by cutting Carr. Give Love a chance to play with these young receivers. If Love isn't good Packers will have the draft capital to move up in the 2024 draft to draft a quarterback.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think the best scenario is wait until after June 1 and trade Rodgers to Las Vegas for a 2024 1st round pick. Rodgers gets reunited with Adams, and gets the chance to play close to home so he'll agree to the contract. Raiders can afford it because they will save almost $30 million on the cap by cutting Carr. Give Love a chance to play with these young receivers. If Love isn't good Packers will have the draft capital to move up in the 2024 draft to draft a quarterback.
    I like it.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Unless Over the Cap is wrong, trading Rodgers after June 1st leads to a massive cap hit.
    https://overthecap.com/player/aaron-rodgers/1085

I think it might be possible to trade Rodgers very soon (before March) so that the next team has to pay the guaranteed bonus coming up.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I don't like it. That's basically like a R2 in this year's draft. I guess getting the cap relief would be the main thing, but I think Rodgers still has 'slightly above average' play in his tank, and that's worth more than a Chase Claypool. Speaking of...how about trading him to CHI for Fields and the #1 pick lol

This is probably what they will do, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Unless Over the Cap is wrong, trading Rodgers after June 1st leads to a massive cap hit.
    https://overthecap.com/player/aaron-rodgers/1085

I think it might be possible to trade Rodgers very soon (before March) so that the next team has to pay the guaranteed bonus coming up.
    If I'm reading it right, according to OTC, the cap hit is 98 million if they trade him before June 1, and 30 million if they trade him after June 1. I don't think you can trade players anymore in this league year.

If I'm reading it right, according to OTC, the cap hit is 98 million if they trade him before June 1, and 30 million if they trade him after June 1. I don't think you can trade players anymore in this league year.
    Somewhere on this site someone found a link to a guy who actually had a really good breakdown of his deal and it was nowhere near as bad as we all thought it was by looking at OTC and sporran

We take a big hit, but it’s not 98 million (I don’t think). And could be spread over 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Somewhere on this site someone found a link to a guy who actually had a really good breakdown of his deal and it was nowhere near as bad as we all thought it was by looking at OTC and sporran

We take a big hit, but it’s not 98 million (I don’t think). And could be spread over 2 years
    Ken Ingalls.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap 💰
    @KenIngalls

Replying to
    @KenIngalls
    There is zero way to reduce this $40.31M of dead cap. There is no magic Drew Brees or Bobby Bonilla method to make this disappear as the money has already been paid.

Best case is to spread $15.83M to 2023 & $24.48M to 2024 if the retirement is processed after June 1, 2023.
    Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap 💰
    @KenIngalls

These numbers are exactly the same if Aaron Rodgers is traded instead of retires. The $40.31M does not transfer to the new team even if they would be willing to take some/all of it on.

A new team would have Rodgers at a $15.79M cap hit in 2023 after exercising his $58.3M option.

Trade Rodgers. My dream is that the Raiders want him and that the Packers can still get a first-round pick for him. Looks like trading him after June 1st is the most logical scenario, so okay - god I hope the Raider want him and will give up their 2024 #1.

The Packers can still salvage the mess from last year and start the rebuild. See is Love is the man next year. Give him the season to play and grow. IF he's the guy, great. If he's not, you go fishing in the draft.

Weird that the Lions are in a better place managing the cap and in terms of young talent and rebuilding.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Trade Rodgers. My dream is that the Raiders want him and that the Packers can still get a first-round pick for him. Looks like trading him after June 1st is the most logical scenario, so okay - god I hope the Raider want him and will give up their 2024 #1.

The Packers can still salvage the mess from last year and start the rebuild. See is Love is the man next year. Give him the season to play and grow. IF he's the guy, great. If he's not, you go fishing in the draft.

Weird that the Lions are in a better place managing the cap and in terms of young talent and rebuilding.
    Weird historically, but really not weird when you think about it.

I think CHI and DET finally got some front office people who understand what they are doing. Drafting smart, taking all their cap hits in years they know they aren't going anywhere, and in CHI case have a boatload of cap space in 2023 to sign free agents.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Also, forgot to mention that both teams traded really good players that would cost too much going forward for the talent on the team and have gotten a lot of draft picks for it. Though I still don't understand the Chase Claypool trade by the Bears.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Ken Ingalls.
    There is a giant roster bonus do on the first day of the new year. If the team picks that up, then the dead cap jumps up to like 100 million

I think I read somewhere that if they pick up the first option it locks in all the other years options

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/st...73132943245312

emoji

edit: LOL not that eyes one! 👀

Rodgers has now gone 22 straight games without a 300 yard passing game. The last one was December 12, 2021 against the Bears. In that same time period, Jared Goff has had 6. Kirk Cousins 4.

I think we're wishfully thinking that Rodgers will be traded. My guess is that the Packers front office put all their money on Rodgers and they're all in on that decision.

If there's someone up there that regrets it, the best that person can hope for is a $60 million miracle retirement.

I don't see any trade happening.

I'm as tired of Erin as I was of Bert.

So over the drama.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    The Packers offered this deal less than a year ago, he signed the deal less than a year ago. He was 38 years old. The Packers deserve to be cattle prodded after that ridiculous contract. 3 years 150 million with 101 million upfront, Just stupid.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I'm as tired of Erin as I was of Bert.

So over the drama.
    It's actually worse with Aaron. Favre wanted say or to contribute to personnel decisions. The Packers refused to give to him so he retired, then unretired and got traded. Aaron got 150 million and an apology from the franchise for not asking his opinion and contributions on personnel decisions. Hell, he got Randall Cobb back to GB. All Favre wanted was Randy Moss for a 4th round draft pick. You know, the same Randy Moss that went to break the all time receiving touchdown record for a season with NE.

This organization should have at least 6 more Super Bowls from 1997 to the Present, and the franchise has done all the can to not win Super Bowls. No other Franchise besides the 49ers has had the 30 years of Hall of Fame QB play that the Packers have had and they have 3 Super Bowl appearances to show for it. Marginal drafting, lack of free agent signings, and personnel departments headed up by scared GMs, Sherman wasn't scared he was just inept.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    The Packers offered this deal less than a year ago, he signed the deal less than a year ago. He was 38 years old. The Packers deserve to be cattle prodded after that ridiculous contract. 3 years 150 million with 101 million upfront, Just stupid.
    and the probalem was, he was already under contract, no one needed to give him an extension, and he WANTED to be traded

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Lions offloaded or let a lot of players go over the last 2-3 years. Trading Stafford for Goff and a boatload of picks will turn out well for them I think. Those draft picks (if well chosen) become less expensive cost-controlled contracts for younger, often healthier players with upside.

This article went out re: options a while back, seems like trading - not cutting - would be their option.
    https://overthecap.com/looking-ahead...-aaron-rodgers

The cap charge here would depend on when he was traded. If Rodgers were to be traded prior to June 1st the Packers would take on a $40,313,750 cap hit in 2023. If he was traded after June 1st it would be a $15,833,570 cap hit in 2023 with $24,480,000 due in 2024. This assumes that the Packers did not exercise the option before the trade. If the option is exercised then the trade number spikes to nearly $100 million. There should be no need to exercise the option until the last possible day.
    FWIW, I think they will run it back with Rodgers next year. Just a hunch.