Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32

Thread: Off-season 2023 Banjo

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    In their own way, the Vikings still suck just like the Bears. They had one of the top RBs in the league, and they just shitted him away, that after paying big money for mediocre Cousins. Didn't they lose "whatshisface" - that other pretty good WR too?

The Packers are fortunate to be in a division with loser mentalities like that along with perennial losers like the Lions and of course that team that still sucks.
    We gave up Rodgers. I thought we were the loser mentality team.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Was there a choice? If the reports were true, he WANTED to go. Loser mentality teams tear down to rebuild. Intelligently run teams rebuild on the fly.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I guess Aaron Jones bought a 7M mansion in Miami from rapper lil pump. Jones doesn’t make that much money. Kinda stupid.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I guess Aaron Jones bought a 7M mansion in Miami from rapper lil pump. Jones doesn’t make that much money. Kinda stupid.
    You think a mansion in Miami is going to go down in value? Jones didn't make a ton of money his 1st 4 years being a 5th round pick. He makes pretty good money now though.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You think a mansion in Miami is going to go down in value? Jones didn't make a ton of money his 1st 4 years being a 5th round pick. He makes pretty good money now though.
    MORTGAGE OFFICER: "I'm sorry, Mr. Jones, but I'm afraid you don't qualify for a loan of this magnitude. Your income is not sufficient. And I read the Packers are probably going to cut you after this season, what with the salary cap stuff."
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    MORTGAGE OFFICER: "I'm sorry, Mr. Jones, but I'm afraid you don't qualify for a loan of this magnitude. Your income is not sufficient. And I read the Packers are probably going to cut you after this season, what with the salary cap stuff."
    LOL yeah, that house is not losing value unless they trash it.
    As for Jones's cashflow, recall that in February the team converted $8.52M of salary & roster bonus into signing bonus, so he had 8.5M burning a hole in his pocket. He's fine.

Given his cap hit and Bakhtiari's, which would you rather carry into the 2024 season?

Somebody should make a poll of that question hahahahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Bakh seems so fragile now. They rest him an awful lot, so I wonder if he'll really even get through the season at all. Hope Nijman's ready to step in and show the NFL he's the real deal. Playing for a contract, Yoshie!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I don't think Chad Clifton ever practiced either. Bak is gonna be fine and I predict he starts 15 games and is rock solid.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I don't think Chad Clifton ever practiced either. Bak is gonna be fine and I predict he starts 15 games and is rock solid.
    Pretty sure Josh Sitton went through the same thing late in his career. Guys like Bakhtiari can pass block in their sleep. As long as he can maintain his conditioning, he'll be fine.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Ken Reuttgers as well. He mastered the art of having a contract dispute until training camp ended.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!