Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-season 2023 Banjo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I didn't like the contract extension back when they did it. I like it even less now.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I didn't like the contract extension back when they did it. I like it even less now.
    Ditto..

Obviously, I liked the contract when it was done, and obviously I still like it now. Why? Because it keeps Rodgers in Green Bay. Of course, the haters and shitheads would rather have Rodgers gone - apparently willing to settle for the mediocrity that would bring. Fortunately, the powers that be wanted to keep Rodgers on the team, and I suspect they are not stupidly regretting the contract like some dumbasses in here.

It's probably true that Rodgers doesn't want to retire the same year as Brady. It's also probably more likely to be true he doesn't want to retire before Brady. It may even be true that he wants to play to at least the same age Brady is when he retires. Or then again, maybe he doesn't give a shit one way or the other about Brady. Unlike several shitheads in here who think they know what's in rodgers' mind or that of LaFleur or Gutekunst or whoever, I don't pretend to know that the guy is thinking beyond what I hear him say directly - usually on McAfee's show. I sure as hell hope he doesn't retire anytime soon and he stays with the Packers 'til the end because the alternative is long term mediocrity - which some dumbasses seem to either want or seem to be oblivious about.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Obviously, I liked the contract when it was done, and obviously I still like it now. Why? Because it keeps Rodgers in Green Bay. Of course, the haters and shitheads would rather have Rodgers gone - apparently willing to settle for the mediocrity that would bring. Fortunately, the powers that be wanted to keep Rodgers on the team, and I suspect they are not stupidly regretting the contract like some dumbasses in here.

It's probably true that Rodgers doesn't want to retire the same year as Brady. It's also probably more likely to be true he doesn't want to retire before Brady. It may even be true that he wants to play to at least the same age Brady is when he retires. Or then again, maybe he doesn't give a shit one way or the other about Brady. Unlike several shitheads in here who think they know what's in rodgers' mind or that of LaFleur or Gutekunst or whoever, I don't pretend to know that the guy is thinking beyond what I hear him say directly - usually on McAfee's show. I sure as hell hope he doesn't retire anytime soon and he stays with the Packers 'til the end because the alternative is long term mediocrity - which some dumbasses seem to either want or seem to be oblivious about.
    We are already at long term mediocrity..

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    We are already at long term mediocrity..
    Ayuh.

I sure as hell hope he doesn't retire anytime soon and he stays with the Packers 'til the end because the alternative is long term mediocrity - which some dumbasses seem to either want or seem to be oblivious about.

I think he has one more season in him at most with Green Bay. What he (and the rest of the offense) showed this year was closer to ineptitude than mediocrity, especially in the RZ or short yardage/4th downs. Rodgers can play better, but I think his elite days are gone. When guys like Brock Purdy are operating the Shanahan offense into the playoffs, you have to wonder why Rodgers can barely make it look competent.

I don't think Rodgers plays out the contract, which as a back-to-back MVP he might have deserved...but that structure is cap crippling and it's a gamble with an aging QB.
    He may or may not care about Brady, but you can bet when Brady goes in he will get all the attention and I doubt 12 would like being the sidekick/opening act.

Tex, I want to know if I'm a shit head or just a hater.

Rodgers is one of the greatest ever play the game. With the same team and coaching staff, would rather have Rodgers than Brady. That being said, he's not playing remotely close to his contract and that is hurting the Packers.

Tex, I want to know if I'm a shit head or just a hater.

Rodgers is one of the greatest ever play the game. With the same team and coaching staff, would rather have Rodgers than Brady. That being said, he's not playing remotely close to his contract and that is hurting the Packers.
    I'm both I think. You have to work hard to get in my rarified air.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Woody Johnson, the Jets owner reportedly willing to pay for a veteran QB. https://twitter.com/i/status/1613617243396444160

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Woody Johnson, the Jets owner reportedly willing to pay for a veteran QB. https://twitter.com/i/status/1613617243396444160

Oh Dear God, please, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Woody gave me a woody.

A first rounder for Rodgers.

But would he?

And Rodgers - playing in New York following the same sorry career path of his predecessor?

Would he?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

hahahaha I'm not naming names. Their words betray them.

Seriously, ya'all don't think Rodgers will bounce back? You seriously don't think LaFleur, Gutekunst, etc. think Rodgers will be back on top next season? Or do ya'all think you know better than them?

Seriously, ya'all don't think Rodgers will bounce back? You seriously don't think LaFleur, Gutekunst, etc. think Rodgers will be back on top next season? Or do ya'all think you know better than them?
    I think if Rodgers wants to play next year, GB will play him. I think they are more likely to trade Jordan Love than Aaron Rodgers (contract is easier to move, and he's younger).
    I do NOT think Rodgers will bounce back to elite level of play, but I do think he can play better than he did this year. He has to put in some work to play better though.

After next season I think he's probably done.
    Every year the cold feels colder, the grind gets tougher, the players get younger and faster and hit harder. His body language speaks volumes.

I would be stunned if they traded Rodgers. If NYJ want to hand over a couple of R1 picks I'm sure Gute would listen.

He might improve some, but I believe he's lost the chip on his shoulder that really made him great. No matter how poorly he plays, I suspect you'll say it's not that bad, not his fault, or both.

Let me put it this way so it's more objective. I don't think he'll be top ten in passer rating or similar metrics. I think top ten is his realistic ceiling and the floor is much lower.

I hope I'm wrong. I am not against Rodgers doing well, I just call it like I see it.

He might improve some, but I believe he's lost the chip on his shoulder that really made him great. No matter how poorly he plays, I suspect you'll say it's not that bad, not his fault, or both.

Let me put it this way so it's more objective. I don't think he'll be top ten in passer rating or similar metrics. I think top ten is his realistic ceiling and the floor is much lower.

I hope I'm wrong. I am not against Rodgers doing well, I just call it like I see it.
    hahahahahaha If he ever read the shit in here, that chip would come back in a hurry.

A generally good post, runpMc - at least in comparison to most of the hater crap from some in here.

I guess it doesn't occur to any of those dumbasses that a large part of the reason for Rodgers' worse stats was a better run game? or lower quality and/or less experienced receivers? I bet some of ya'all haters were the same shitheads who used to whine that Rodgers was a "stat whore" when he was consistently throwing for 300 yards a game and 40+ TDs a season.

hahahahahaha If he ever read the shit in here, that chip would come back in a hurry.

A generally good post, runpMc - at least in comparison to most of the hater crap from some in here.

I guess it doesn't occur to any of those dumbasses that a large part of the reason for Rodgers' worse stats was a better run game? or lower quality and/or less experienced receivers? I bet some of ya'all haters were the same shitheads who used to whine that Rodgers was a "stat whore" when he was consistently throwing for 300 yards a game and 40+ TDs a season.
    Rodgers' stats were down because he wasn't good this season. His rating was the worst of his career, and his QBR was an anemic 39.4. Having a good running game should have helped those numbers. The lack of sustained drives and poor red-zone performance doomed this season and Rodgers was a big part of those failings. Can he bounce back? Maybe. He's had seasons bad enough for me to start the "Is Arron Rodgers good anymore" thread, and bounced back to playing great.

Why Rodgers will rebound:
    1) Injuries - The broken thumb was causing him problems for a large part of the season. Not just in bad passes, but in lack of practice time.
    2) Receivers - Doubs and Watson are clearly talented and another year should get them on the same page with Rodgers and just better prepared to play a full NFL season
    3) OLine - Jenkins will be healthy and in his more natural position. Bach might finally be healthy for the start of the season, and Tom will have a year under his belt.

Why Rodgers won't rebound:
    1) Age - Rodgers turns 40 this year. Age is not going to help his mobility or ability to heal.
    2) No chip on his shoulder - His contract makes Love no threat to him, and he plays better when he has something to prove.
    3) Cold - Even if the Packers are better next year, Rodgers has looked bad in the cold for several years.

Best guess - He'll rebound enough to be good, but not great. They'll make the playoffs and be bounced in the first round.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

You keep lumping everyone that disagrees with you together using labels like shit head and dumbasses. It just weakens your credibility.

I never called Rodgers a stat whore. I have only ever wanted him to be successful. I have no agenda or desire to be proven right. I'm just sharing what I see and believe. Is it inconceivable to you that people raise questions about Rodgers because they are just reasonably concerned for the Packers?

You keep lumping everyone that disagrees with you together using labels like shit head and dumbasses. It just weakens your credibility.

I never called Rodgers a stat whore. I have only ever wanted him to be successful. I have no agenda or desire to be proven right. I'm just sharing what I see and believe. Is it inconceivable to you that people raise questions about Rodgers because they are just reasonably concerned for the Packers?
    This, and ThunderDans' post as well.
    Rodgers is on the decline.

The Packers ran the ball 10 times more this year than last year, and that's over 17 games not 16, so you could argue they ran less. His mobility did decline: Rodgers scrambles/runs per game were at a career low, and when he did it was obvious he can't run like he did 5 years ago. All in all, I don't see how you could not see his efficiency and production declined. I also don't know why anyone would think a declining player would suddenly be rejuvenated and play like an MVP in their age 40 season. He declined across the board, not just in one area, which would be more indicative of an external circumstance.

If you can back up your position with stats I might agree with you.

Well, sorry if the labels don't fit hahahahaha, but just read what some of these imbeciles say - this Thunderdan post and Cumby's above ....... that's about as stupid and shitheadish as you can get. Next year and beyond will tell the story - whether what they say proves to be idiocy either way, success with Rodgers or mediocrity without him. Maybe I'm gonna get proven wrong, but I really don't think so.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Rodgers was 11th in the league in passing yards, 7th in TDs, 7th in INTs, and 17th passer rating for QBs with at least 100 attempts.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston