Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-season 2023 Banjo

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Why not? ARod's contract is a huge drag on the franchise. If the play level is going to be the same, why not rip the bandaid off this year and get it over with?
    Fucking A right.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    You keep lumping everyone that disagrees with you together using labels like shit head and dumbasses. It just weakens your credibility.

I never called Rodgers a stat whore. I have only ever wanted him to be successful. I have no agenda or desire to be proven right. I'm just sharing what I see and believe. Is it inconceivable to you that people raise questions about Rodgers because they are just reasonably concerned for the Packers?
    Well, sorry if the labels don't fit hahahahaha, but just read what some of these imbeciles say - this Thunderdan post and Cumby's above ....... that's about as stupid and shitheadish as you can get. Next year and beyond will tell the story - whether what they say proves to be idiocy either way, success with Rodgers or mediocrity without him. Maybe I'm gonna get proven wrong, but I really don't think so.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Rodgers expected to return it sounds like according to Ian Rapoport.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1613974163978321924

Looks like pure speculation.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

It's speculation, but it's based on the fact that Rodgers would sacrifice huge amounts of money if he retires. So it's not based on nothing.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

For a guy who's supposedly enlightened and self-actualized, and used to be a Franciscan, IIRC, Erin sure needs a lot of money.

Blog Entries
    a near 40 year old QB who'll soon be making over 1/3 of the cap and we miss the playoffs this year. Bring on Next year
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    a near 40 year old QB who'll soon be making over 1/3 of the cap and we miss the playoffs this year. Bring on Next year
    Next decade?

Rodgers will come back, simply to ensure that Love never plays for Green Bay. I think that has been his ultimate goal ever since Gute made that draft pick.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Rodgers will come back, simply to ensure that Love never plays for Green Bay. I think that has been his ultimate goal ever since Gute made that draft pick.
    I can't imagine how you could possibly come to this conclusion. It has zero basis in anything anyone has ever said.

That out of the way, I have no idea what Rodgers is going to do. Its a LOT of money. However he has more than he can spend and he looked quite disinterested all season. I'm not convinced of anything, especially not what is "reported". I think it was one of the "insiders" earlier this season who reported that everyone in the GB organization knows Rodgers is retiring after the season. Now the same group of insiders thinks he will be back. They know as much as I do, which is to say they can read signals. Problem is that Rodgers has given mixed signals so we can only rely on what we know about him. He has a huge ego and won't like going out the way he just did. He also is pretty sharp and probably realizes the organization is ready to move on.

My best bet is he agrees to a trade after 6/1. Thats pure speculation based on all available information I can put together.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

It’s not about what anyone has said. Rodgers isn’t going to come out and say he wants to punch Gute in the sack, but it is very clear by his actions that he has been ENTIRELY about sticking it to Gute whenever he has a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He also is pretty sharp and probably realizes the organization is ready to move on.
    Really? That is not at all what Gute came across with at his latest press conference.

Really? That is not at all what Gute came across with at his latest press conference.
    If you wanted to trade someone would you announce it to those who may be interested?

It’s not about what anyone has said. Rodgers isn’t going to come out and say he wants to punch Gute in the sack, but it is very clear by his actions that he has been ENTIRELY about sticking it to Gute whenever he has a chance.
    That may be true, but Rodgers would also realize that what you suggest would be even worse than anything Favre ever did to him. Only a truly awful person hurts someone to get to someone else.

Blog Entries

I listened to Gutebag's press conference and really read it differently. To me he kept coming accross with a tone of indifference. He gave the gm speak he's going to give Rodgers his space and let him figure out what he'd like to do first.

When I listened to Aaron he sounded like Sharon; referencing whether GB wants him to come back. I think he completely wants to feel loved, wanted, and wants GB to beg and also get him more weapons.

I get the impression Gutebag doesn't wanna beg anymore.

Now as for Flower Boy, Rodgers owns his ass. He's really incapable of being a leader as long as Rodgers is here, IMO, from what I've seen. He skirts around every question he gets like he's terrified of what the other will feel.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I listened to Gutebag's press conference and really read it differently. To me he kept coming accross with a tone of indifference. He gave the gm speak he's going to give Rodgers his space and let him figure out what he'd like to do first.

When I listened to Aaron he sounded like Sharon; referencing whether GB wants him to come back. I think he completely wants to feel loved, wanted, and wants GB to beg and also get him more weapons.

I get the impression Gutebag doesn't wanna beg anymore.

Now as for Flower Boy, Rodgers owns his ass. He's really incapable of being a leader as long as Rodgers is here, IMO, from what I've seen. He skirts around every question he gets like he's terrified of what the other will feel.
    I basically agree. Gute to me sounded like he wants Aaron Jones back more than Rodgers. One thing that got overlooked was him talking about how he'd like to see all the players here for offseason workouts. I wonder if that was aimed at Rodgers a bit. I get the sense Gute realizes giving Rodgers the extension was a mistake, and is hoping Rodgers will bail him out by retiring or agreeing to a trade. He won't show disrespect for Rodgers, but he won't beg him to stay. Although Rodgers might take take that as disrespect.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Another round of irrational comments from dumbasses who pretend to know what's in Rodgers' mind.

Thankfully, there's a helluva lot more sanity from the Packer brass than from many in here.

Where does this shit about a $50 million cap hit come from? Spotrac has it at $31.2 million up from $28.5 this past season. Up $2.7 million ....... I think it's safe to assume the cap will increase a lot more than $2.7 million.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Whatever AR is getting paid is too much for an aging QB with mediocre stats.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Another round of irrational comments from dumbasses who pretend to know what's in Rodgers' mind.

Thankfully, there's a helluva lot more sanity from the Packer brass than from many in here.

Where does this shit about a $50 million cap hit come from? Spotrac has it at $31.2 million up from $28.5 this past season. Up $2.7 million ....... I think it's safe to assume the cap will increase a lot more than $2.7 million.
    it comes from people just dividing the money by the years of the contract, ignoring how the cap actually works

you are right that he actually is counting just the 28 million against the cap this year, and not 50 million being thrown around

next season he would count 31 million, which is also less then 50

i brought this up a couple months ago in the big rodgers thread

There's no way Gute would say anything other than he wants Rodgers back. Their cap would be really hard to manage if he retires and it's not feasible to cut him.

The Packers are already going to be around $20M over the cap for 2023 with what's on the books now. They have one of the worst cap situations. Expect a bunch of restructuring and maybe some surprise cuts.