View Poll Results: Who will Rodgers Play For In 2023?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packers

10 33.33%
  • Raiders

4 13.33%
  • Jets

10 33.33%
  • Panthers

0 0%
  • Titans

2 6.67%
  • Dolphins

0 0%
  • Colts

0 0%
  • Bucs

0 0%
  • Other

2 6.67%
  • He Won't Play

2 6.67%
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2023 (Or Will He Play)?

Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2023 (Or Will He Play)?

Vegas now favoring Raiders. So who will Rodgers play for?

Poll to follow.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I still like the Jets. Raiders having #7 pick means they might draft a QB instead.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Packers keep him and he runs it back with an MVP, Super Bowl and announces his retirement on the podium holding the Lombardi.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Right now I think it's:
    70% Packers
    30% traded
    0% Retire

I'd prefer a trade, but expect he will be back with the Packers.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Most likely scenario, he comes back plays better than last year and the team lays an egg in the playoffs again.

Obviously he plays for the Packers. Obviously he plays a helluva lot better than last season. Laying an egg in the playoffs or going all the way is not very relevant to me until the week of the games, but I'd say as always, it could happen even with little or no change to staff and personnel, just with a little bit of luck on the injury front, etc.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I guess we'll all be in the dark about Rodgers' future for a while.

Ari Meirov
    @MySportsUpdate

Aaron Rodgers says on
    @PatMcAfeeShow
    that he's going on an "darkness retreat" in a couple weeks. It's 4 days, complete darkness, just himself, in a little house.

"I've had a number of friends who've done it and they had profound experiences."

He expects a decision after that.

Totally normal and not at all weird thing. What a loon.

So I feel like I have a bead on this one. He will play for probably the Raiders, but possibly the Jets. He values his connections to teammates and people so Adams kinda begging for him plays a pretty big role. However the Jets hiring Hackett shows they are very willing to make moves to make him happy and comfortable. I could see a scenario where the Jets put an offer in the table for Bak, and then sign Tonyan. Its impossible to say which way this goes, but I'm confident in saying he will play with one of those 2 franchises.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

If LaFleur or Gutekunst or Murphy - anybody with inside knowledge on the Packers ever read the crap in this forum, they'd be laughing their asses off.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I guess we'll all be in the dark about Rodgers' future for a while.
    It'll be a very profound experience when he can't find the toilet or the fridge for four days.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    So I feel like I have a bead on this one. He will play for probably the Raiders, but possibly the Jets. He values his connections to teammates and people so Adams kinda begging for him plays a pretty big role. However the Jets hiring Hackett shows they are very willing to make moves to make him happy and comfortable. I could see a scenario where the Jets put an offer in the table for Bak, and then sign Tonyan. Its impossible to say which way this goes, but I'm confident in saying he will play with one of those 2 franchises.
    I voted 'Jets' because the cosmic symmetry is just too perfect.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    If LaFleur or Gutekunst or Murphy - anybody with inside knowledge on the Packers ever read the crap in this forum, they'd be laughing their asses off.
    Sorry, Tex. To paraphrase the Mailman’s favorite psychedelic drug-induced redcoat, the QB is old, the dream is gone. Best we can hope for is, to paraphrase my favorite redcoat, the light that Butte leaves behind will everglow:

Like the Lions Butte ran
    The Queens Butte rolled
    Like the Bears Butte circled
    In perfect yellow

They swore on the night
    Butte’d be a Packer 'til he dies
    But the changing of winds
    And the way waters flow
    Heydays are short as the falling of snow
    And now we’re gonna miss Butte, we know
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 02-08-2023 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Listening to “Everglow.”
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Totally normal and not at all weird thing. What a loon.
    The darkness retreat is actually inspiring. I am inspired to give it a try. Unlike Butte, I can’t afford a luxurious black hole. But I’ll just lock myself inside a dark, windowless room. Hopefully doing so will inspire me to finally quit burger flipping.

Vive Butte!
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Nice poetry, but a bogus narrative, at least your conclusion is bogus. The GOAT ain't going anywhere.

That darkness thing is weird, all right. I can't help thinking Rodgers is just feeding a line of bullshit to anybody - media pukes and other poor misguided fools and haters, which we sure seem to have a lot of in here hahahaha. Then again, he did go to Berkeley, so who knows.

I was catching up on SEAL Team episodes this evening, and they had something to say about ayahuasca - that it and other similar drugs are homeopathic treatments for traumatic brain injury, also that it can cause explosive diarrhea hahahaha.
    Last edited by texaspackerbacker; 02-08-2023 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Vegas now favoring Raiders. So who will Rodgers play for?

Poll to follow.
    Himself.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I’ve had friends do retreats where no one speaks. To each is own.

Most here probably couldn’t stand the boredom or face their thoughts for that long.

Four days of ayahuasca.

Blog Entries
    Rodgers is not turning down all the money; he's coming back. He'll be back to GB and have a improved year, we'll make the playoffs, and then he'll shit on himself in the second half of another playoff loss....kinda like San Fran and Tampa
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Rodgers is not turning down all the money; he's coming back. He'll be back to GB and have a improved year, we'll make the playoffs, and then he'll shit on himself in the second half of another playoff loss....kinda like San Fran and Tampa
    This is the most likely scenario IMO...and then we repeat this drama same time next year.