Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
I think that's all true, but I don't think it quite answers my original question: so does anybody really want a trade? If so, who is it and for what reason or reasons? Is it Rodgers? The Packers? Both? Neither?
I think this is the front office changing course after going all-in to Rodgers' requests (as opposed to going all-in to win a Super Bowl) and seeing what it got them. Shorten his contract, hire some veteran favorites, never publicly disparage him or reply to his passive-aggressive shots, throw in extra millions to massage his feelings going back to not getting a power D-1 offer out of high school. And they saw what that ceiling was.

It's an enviable ceiling, but the PR hits, the physical wear to Rodgers, and his reversion to bad habits maybe makes them rethink whether it's worth the salary-cap hit and the burning of Jordan Love's R1 pick. Maybe they think the organization's reputation won't take as much of hit if they trade Rodgers and start Love, compared to that scenario last year.