View Poll Results: Who will Rodgers Play For In 2023?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packers

10 33.33%
  • Raiders

4 13.33%
  • Jets

10 33.33%
  • Panthers

0 0%
  • Titans

2 6.67%
  • Dolphins

0 0%
  • Colts

0 0%
  • Bucs

0 0%
  • Other

2 6.67%
  • He Won't Play

2 6.67%
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2023 (Or Will He Play)?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Lasted a little longer than the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Marcol View Post
    Did he see his shadow? Will there be 6 more weeks of speculation?
    Best Post in 11 pages IMO.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Been following this poll for a while. It is open for a while, and I have ruminated.

I vote “Other”.

Other whom?

Himself.
    No matter what colors he flys, he has a singular focus.

Even if he retires.

Rob Demovsky
    @RobDemovsky

Gutekunst on whether he wants Rodgers back:

“He’s a great player, but until we have those conversations, I think all options are on the table. We need to have those conversations. We want what's best for the Green Bay Packers, what's best for him so we'll get to that coming up.”
    Sounds like they only want Rodgers back if certain conditions are met.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Sounds like they only want Rodgers back if certain conditions are met.
    I believe the conditions are that he commits to being in shape and not just mailing it in. That seems like the minimum every player under contract should offer.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

A couple of years ago Rodgers wanted assurances that the Packers were all-in. Now the roles are reversed.

Unless one of the Packers' conditions is that Rodgers quite being so public about his feelings about roster moves - that they don't intend to bring certain guys back that Rodgers has been clamoring for, and if he doesn't like that, well, maybe it's time to move on.

Could be that, too.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I doubt they much care about that.

I just saw the presser with Gute. It sounds like he's moving on (or possibly retiring). And it looks like the Jets to me. I have a hard time seeing him go to the Raiders. Don't know if the Bucs have the picks, but that is still a pretty stacked team.

Of course, I've been pretty vocal about keeping him, but even to me now, it seems like a good time for him to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    I just saw the presser with Gute. It sounds like he's moving on (or possibly retiring). And it looks like the Jets to me. I have a hard time seeing him go to the Raiders. Don't know if the Bucs have the picks, but that is still a pretty stacked team.

Of course, I've been pretty vocal about keeping him, but even to me now, it seems like a good time for him to move on.
    Bucs have a lot of talent. However, they're 57 million over the cap, so they likely won't be able to keep all that talent. My concern is Jets might be the only team interested in acquiring Rodgers which would lessen Gute's bargaining power in a trade.

Bucs have a lot of talent. However, they're 57 million over the cap, so they likely won't be able to keep all that talent. My concern is Jets might be the only team interested in acquiring Rodgers which would lessen Gute's bargaining power in a trade.
    If you decide to trade Rodgers, what you get in a trade is not the most important factor. Removing the contract might be the most important factor. Maybe it’s trying to see if Love can be a pro QB. If it was what you receive in a trade, that ship sailed off last year.

We know where Randall Cobb stands on all this.

Even if you trade Rodgers, aren't you still going to have a huge cap hit from him for all the void years and such? To me, this is really about giving Love the reins to see if he's the guy, for sure, and getting a start on that if he is. It's less about compensation for Rodgers - if you could get a third this year and a first next year, great - than it is about just starting a new era and giving Love a chance to show if he's The Guy.

I heard Rodgers made some comments about his football future on some health guru's podcast this morning. Adam Schefter was practically having a boner, promising viewers they'd scour the podcast to bring any comments to the mass audience. So we'll see.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Titans GM has said Tannehill will be a Titan in 2023. McDaniels has said he wants Raiders QB to be here a long time. Granted, it may not be his call. But it's increasingly looking like Rodgers' choices might be Packers, Jets, or retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Even if you trade Rodgers, aren't you still going to have a huge cap hit from him for all the void years and such? To me, this is really about giving Love the reins to see if he's the guy, for sure, and getting a start on that if he is. It's less about compensation for Rodgers - if you could get a third this year and a first next year, great - than it is about just starting a new era and giving Love a chance to show if he's The Guy.

I heard Rodgers made some comments about his football future on some health guru's podcast this morning. Adam Schefter was practically having a boner, promising viewers they'd scour the podcast to bring any comments to the mass audience. So we'll see.
    Someone on another forum actually asked Gute at a bar in London about the cap hit. Gute said he could release AR after June 1: not a prob. Fans make more of the cap than GMs. Maybe they can work something else out too and rework the contract.

Yeah, I read the excerpt from that interview. It sounds to me AR has decided and he tried not to reveal what that is before he talks it over with Gute. But, he revealed what he tried to conceal imo.

edit: And I believe Gute has purposefully leaked and said enough to make it clear that he is moving to Love. I actually like the way he's handling it (so far).

Sounds like the divorce is underway. They just need to divide the property.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Sounds like the divorce is underway. They just need to divide the property.
    I think it's about each side wanting to make it look like the divorce was the other side's idea.

Someone on another forum actually asked Gute at a bar in London about the cap hit. Gute said he could release AR after June 1: not a prob. Fans make more of the cap than GMs. Maybe they can work something else out too and rework the contract.

Yeah, I read the excerpt from that interview. It sounds to me AR has decided and he tried not to reveal what that is before he talks it over with Gute. But, he revealed what he tried to conceal imo.

edit: And I believe Gute has purposefully leaked and said enough to make it clear that he is moving to Love. I actually like the way he's handling it (so far).
    Gute at a bar in London hahahahahaha. Seriously? It's true, though, "Fans make more of the cap than GMs" - idiotically more hahahaha. The reason all this stupid talk about trading Rodgers is just that: stupid talk, is that Gutekunst et al want to win games, and having Rodgers at QB is clearly the best way to do that. Is anybody seriously dumb enough to think otherwise? Oh yeah, the poll says over a dozen in here actually are hahahahaha.

I think it's about each side wanting to make it look like the divorce was the other side's idea.
    i think its that, and trying to maximize trade value

if only 1 team wants him, and they know we want to get rid of him desperately , then we can expect a future 4th round conditional pick in return for him

Someone on another forum actually asked Gute at a bar in London about the cap hit. Gute said he could release AR after June 1: not a prob. Fans make more of the cap than GMs. .
    Gutes and I were pinned down in a foxhole in Ukraine so we had time to deep dive. He told me that he is just flat out sick of Rodgers and probably would deal him to the Jets for a 4th for symmetry's sake.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.