View Poll Results: Who will Rodgers Play For In 2023?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packers

10 33.33%
  • Raiders

4 13.33%
  • Jets

10 33.33%
  • Panthers

0 0%
  • Titans

2 6.67%
  • Dolphins

0 0%
  • Colts

0 0%
  • Bucs

0 0%
  • Other

2 6.67%
  • He Won't Play

2 6.67%
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2023 (Or Will He Play)?

I'm listening from the 1:06:00 mark on in the interview with AR. I know a lot of folks don't like hearing him, but AR is maybe the most forthcoming, open NFL player. I also disagree that AR was the problem. The league has gotten sloppy, most notable in Oline play (and the first half was the worst line play I've seen in GB ever). The Packers' defense grossly underperformed: this especially.

Anyways, AR has some interesting stuff here for those interested in the state of the Pack. Usually, I find AR has a really thoughtful take though he is not very self-critical, but with the career and highlights he's given me as a fan, I give him a pass. I'll be rooting for him to win the SB whereever he goes next year so long as that path isn't through GB.

video at end if your interested. I am still finishing. (Btw, I did lose a bit of confidence in MLF last year.)

https://heavy.com/sports/green-bay-p...mors-contract/

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I meant "Grain of salt" in terms of comments about how much if a market here is for Rodgers. For instance, I'm not totally buying the reports that the Raiders aren't interested. I do buy the comments that the Jets are interested. The Jets owner, who likes to get involved in football operations, has made it clear he thinks all they need is a vet QB. And he was the owner when they traded for Favre.
    I know, Joe, I was just messing around. I do find your opinions to be valuable, so when I read about who you think might be interested in Rodgers, I pay attention. I'm, of course, hoping for a bidding war. But at this point, I'll take most anything for the guy. I don't really hate him and all that, I'm just tired of the dance. And I don't blame him now for doing the dance. Deciding whether or not to retire is a big damn deal.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jacob Morley
    @JacobMorley

Daniel Jeremiah and Rich Eisen both mention hearing things "In the halls" of the combine.

DJ says he thinks Rodgers will be a Jet.

Also added he doesn't think it will take a 1st.
    Sam Holman
    @Sam_DHolman
    Keep in mind that DJ and Rich are probably hearing these things from teams with a vested interest in driving down Rodgers' price (ie. because they want to trade for him).
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Gute might have been here.
    maybe the person got gutes mixed up with leroy?

i don't see color, so i see twins

keep in mind that rich has probably had over a thousand head injuries, and the voices he "heard" were probably just one of the 2 million talk radio shows that talked about it this week

I actually think Gutes has a deal in place and is waiting for Rodgers to speak up. He went from "we desperately want ARod back" to "Love is ready to play". He isn't trying to convince the league that it would take a big offer anymore. Thats telling.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I say again, it ain't gonna happen. He won't retire, and he won't be traded, period.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Peliserro and Rapoport have been pretty silent on the topic this week. I will wait for them to report before passing judgement, but it certainly feels like the writing is on the wall. JLove is gonna wanna be traded - so I view it as they have no alternative if they think he has the juice to play for ten years.

What's funny is I read something that NFL executives look at a five year window and assume a guy can play for 5 years. Man, if you have JLove for 5 years vs Rodgers for 2, IDK that I would pull the trigger. For ten I probably would.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I say again, it ain't gonna happen. He won't retire, and he won't be traded, period.
    You may be right
    I may be crazy
    Hey, but It just may be a lunatic you're looking for
    Turn out the light
    Oh, don't try to save me
    You may be wrong for all I know
    You may be right
    You may be wrong but you may be right

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    You may be right
    I may be crazy
    Hey, but It just may be a lunatic you're looking for
    Turn out the light
    Oh, don't try to save me
    You may be wrong for all I know
    You may be right
    You may be wrong but you may be right
    Great song, great concert.

Sing me a song, you're the piano man.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Peliserro and Rapoport have been pretty silent on the topic this week. I will wait for them to report before passing judgement, but it certainly feels like the writing is on the wall. JLove is gonna wanna be traded - so I view it as they have no alternative if they think he has the juice to play for ten years.

What's funny is I read something that NFL executives look at a five year window and assume a guy can play for 5 years. Man, if you have JLove for 5 years vs Rodgers for 2, IDK that I would pull the trigger. For ten I probably would.
    I get what you're saying. I understand that hesitation, but I'd frame it as Rodgers being on the downside, his legs already pretty much shot and deterioration only continuing, so IF you get two years out of him, how good will they be? You could say the first year might be good, if the offensive line can get their shit together.

Withe Love, the first year as starter would likely be his worst year. You've got an ascending guy, a young guy who can run, got some legs, and will run the offense per the coach. So the first year - rough, probably - but from there you've got four years of an ascending QB, even if he's not on the level Rodgers was in 2021.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Watch Rodgers and be disappointed when he can't do some of the things he used to do or watch Love and be surprised when he does something you didn't expect him to be able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Watch Rodgers and be disappointed when he can't do some of the things he used to do or watch Love and be surprised when he does something you didn't expect him to be able to do.
    If Love is the QB people will be reminded of what it's like to have a QB who can make plays with his legs when the pass play isn't there. Rodgers turned out to be more athletic than people expected, and I think the same will be true of Love.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Love shows potential to rise to the level of a decent NFL QB, maybe even above average. He won't ever be as good, though, as Aaron Rodgers, even beyond his best years Aaron Rodgers. Hardly anybody will. We have been extremely lucky, you could say spoiled as Packer fans that lightning has basically struck twice - consecutive GOAT-like QBs. If we're really really really lucky, it could happen a third time, but I very much doubt that will be Love. I'm thinking the next superstar Packer QB is probably sitting in a high school class right now (oops, it's Saturday) contemplating which scholarship offer to accept. He should be ready about the time Rodgers is finally done.

The latest stupid meme around here seems to be that Rodgers' legs are no good anymore hahahaha. I thought he kinda disspelled that crap last year.
    Last edited by texaspackerbacker; 03-04-2023 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

A GM has 5 years to field a winner, so most of them don't think in 10 year windows since they won't be with a team that far out if they aren't winning. I'm a packer fan, so I am thinking in a 10 year window. Just like I don't care who the GM is in 10 years, I don't care who the QB is....as long as we are winning.

Only the sithe speak in absolutes (or idiots when the outcome can't be known for sure).

You might be right, but your lack of acknowledgement that you might be wrong is telling.

In the past I have always said he was returning. This is the first year I am saying he is going. I haven't been 100% positive either time.

If Love is the QB people will be reminded of what it's like to have a QB who can make plays with his legs when the pass play isn't there. Rodgers turned out to be more athletic than people expected, and I think the same will be true of Love.
    What I have loved about Love (hehe) is that he does the one thing the great ones do. He buys time with his legs looking to pass. The "good" ones just take off and run....or can't even buy time. The great ones are ALWAYS looking to throw it.

Rivers and Ryan lost the ability to buy time pretty fast. The good ones like Cunningham and Lamaar take off and run when flushed. The great ones like Rodgers and Maholmes run when all opportunity to pass is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Only the sithe speak in absolutes (or idiots when the outcome can't be known for sure).

You might be right, but your lack of acknowledgement that you might be wrong is telling.

In the past I have always said he was returning. This is the first year I am saying he is going. I haven't been 100% positive either time.
    I guess you got me there hahahaha. That's pretty much what I said about the other side a couple days ago. I should have said IMO. Call it a prediction, though, and feel free to rub my nose in it if it doesn't come true.

Don't do the same for my other thing - that Rodgers' successor is still in high school now.

I guess you got me there hahahaha. That's pretty much what I said about the other side a couple days ago. I should have said IMO. Call it a prediction, though, and feel free to rub my nose in it if it doesn't come true.

Don't do the same for my other thing - that Rodgers' successor is still in high school now.
    Thats fair...but if Love isn't the successor, he might not even be born yet. Call me a pessimist.

The latest stupid meme around here seems to be that Rodgers' legs are no good anymore hahahaha. I thought he kinda disspelled that crap last year.
    Ah yes, because those 34 rushes for 94 yards (2.8 ypr) over 17 games really showed off his wheels. Move over Justin Fields!

His legs were not great; he even admitted that himself in pressers.

As for Rich Eisen, he's a Jets fan, so he's inclined to latch onto a Rodgers rumor. Thing is, there have been a LOT of them.

I don't think Gute or any Packers official is going to say anything other than they want him back at this point. Anything else would be a disaster in terms of relationship with Rodgers or trade value. Also, nothing they say in these pressers is going to be truthful or insightful, unless you are a mind reader or somehow pickup on something buried deep within the lines. Personally, I think Gute wants to trade Rodgers, but Murphy wants to keep him. MLF is a tougher read; I think he likes winning and Rodgers is a talented QB but he'd probably like to run his offense and Love might be the best chance for him to do that. If he's a Shanahan type, and Shanahan can spin gold from Brock Purdy, MLF should be able to do ok with Jordan Love.

There won't be any news until after the combine, and any trade likely happens just before the draft.

I will say again, Rodgers might be the better QB in 2023, but trading him is the best thing for the team if you look over the next 3 seasons because of his age and cap hit.
    How likely is Rodgers to redo his contract in a way that doesn't hurt the team? How could that can be done?