View Poll Results: Who will Rodgers Play For In 2023?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packers

10 33.33%
  • Raiders

4 13.33%
  • Jets

10 33.33%
  • Panthers

0 0%
  • Titans

2 6.67%
  • Dolphins

0 0%
  • Colts

0 0%
  • Bucs

0 0%
  • Other

2 6.67%
  • He Won't Play

2 6.67%
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2023 (Or Will He Play)?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    This is the most likely scenario IMO...and then we repeat this drama same time next year.
    So trade him before it all starts again.

Please.

Looking like, IF he is traded - and I don't think he will be - the Raiders are the most likely destination.

But I think he'll come back and play for GB next year. And what Bretsky outlined is probably the best-(realistic) case scenario.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I voted 'Jets' because the cosmic symmetry is just too perfect.
    Jets for a year then on to the Vikes. Has to happen.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    If LaFleur or Gutekunst or Murphy - anybody with inside knowledge on the Packers ever read the crap in this forum, they'd be laughing their asses off.
    You realize you post on this forum. And probably would be the main source of said laughter right? You get that right?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Bobblehead, I'm completely confident that I'm aligned with the thinking of the Packer brass on this topic - unlike the various haters and dumbasses. They are the ones who did that glorious Rodgers contract - which many in here stupidly hate, and IMO, they did it with eyes wide open and are still glad they did - as am I, (OBVIOUSLY).
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Bobblehead, I'm completely confident that I'm aligned with the thinking of the Packer brass on this topic - unlike the various haters and dumbasses. They are the ones who did that glorious Rodgers contract - which many in here stupidly hate, and IMO, they did it with eyes wide open and are still glad they did - as am I, (OBVIOUSLY).
    Rodgers contract promotes a trade.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Rodgers contract promotes a trade.
    I wouldn't say that. But I think the contract makes clear that if you're going to trade Rodgers, it is basically now or never.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I wouldn't say that. But I think the contract makes clear that if you're going to trade Rodgers, it is basically now or never.
    Yeah, that too.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I think it's the Jets or Colts

Isn't the fact that if they don't trade now, they will not have options in the future part of why the contract promotes a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Isn't the fact that if they don't trade now, they will not have options in the future part of why the contract promotes a trade?
    I think the cap hit now vs. later makes it that way, yes.

If I were Gute I'd listen to offers to trade Rodgers. It's likely the Jets or Raiders.
    I'm skeptical Rodgers would go along with a trade to the Colts. Jordan Love to the Colts is an interesting idea, however.

I would think Rodgers is more likely to want to play in Vegas than in New York. He’s not a fan of the cold weather anymore. I believe the Packers are ready to move on after he showed little ability to be a true game changer in 2022.

Right now, I’m still thinking this is closer to a 50-50 deal. Part of Rodgers wants to retire as a Packer, but part of him also wants to get away at this point. To me, the darkness will ultimately tell him to go to the Black Hole.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I will say this much. The contract promotes a trade OR a rework. I think Rodgers agreed to it this way because if he wants to stay he can still rework the deal to make it friendly all around.

I also think he is having doubts about being traded as would be natural for anyone who spent his entire career in one organization. Change is scary, but Rodgers is also a sharp guy and I think he realizes the organization needs to move on. The time he is taking right now is simply him coming to terms with that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I will say this much. The contract promotes a trade OR a rework. I think Rodgers agreed to it this way because if he wants to stay he can still rework the deal to make it friendly all around.

I also think he is having doubts about being traded as would be natural for anyone who spent his entire career in one organization. Change is scary, but Rodgers is also a sharp guy and I think he realizes the organization needs to move on. The time he is taking right now is simply him coming to terms with that idea.
    Very plausible explanation. There are other explanations, but I hadn’t thought about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Very plausible explanation. There are other explanations, but I hadn’t thought about this one.
    There are several other possibilities. Just reading his body language and his comments I think we are going to trade him and he will agree to it. The reason I said LV as the most likely is simply because its on his list from a couple years ago. I don't think he really wants to play in NY, but in the end I think he could wrap his head around it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    There are several other possibilities. Just reading his body language and his comments I think we are going to trade him and he will agree to it. The reason I said LV as the most likely is simply because its on his list from a couple years ago. I don't think he really wants to play in NY, but in the end I think he could wrap his head around it.
    I have my doubts about Vegas as Rogers said he has concerns about the defense there and both The Jets and the Colts have good defenses and Rogers would be a big upgrade over what they have at QB. Titans could also work but I'm not sure of the interest on their part, but the defense would be decent and they are well coached. I also would not be surprised to see Bak go in a trade as well, maybe to sweeten the landing spot give AR a familiar face in the locker room and would give GB a nice amount of cap relief.

Blog Entries
    Doesn't Vegas have the 7th pick and a strong willed HC/OC ?

If they are smart, they'll draft a QB in round one and pass on Karen
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Doesn't Vegas have the 7th pick and a strong willed HC/OC ?

If they are smart, they'll draft a QB in round one and pass on Karen
    Who though? Man I’m not feeling any of these dudes this year. I would hold off for a QB next year. Enough of these 5’10” bitches at QB

Would you trade the assets you get for Rodgers + Love for Lamar? I probably wouldn’t but boy that’s be interesting

Would you trade the assets you get for Rodgers + Love for Lamar? I probably wouldn’t but boy that’s be interesting
    I read yesterday That Rogers has let the Packers know he prefers the Raiders, who knows though it could just be the media pukes As long as we get a 1st next year min I'm good where ever he ends up. I want to see Love play before making another move, besides Love cost a 1st and a 2nd, no way we get even close to that back.