View Poll Results: Who will Rodgers Play For In 2023?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packers

10 33.33%
  • Raiders

4 13.33%
  • Jets

10 33.33%
  • Panthers

0 0%
  • Titans

2 6.67%
  • Dolphins

0 0%
  • Colts

0 0%
  • Bucs

0 0%
  • Other

2 6.67%
  • He Won't Play

2 6.67%
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2023 (Or Will He Play)?

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    I read yesterday That Rogers has let the Packers know he prefers the Raiders, who knows though it could just be the media pukes As long as we get a 1st next year min I'm good where ever he ends up. I want to see Love play before making another move, besides Love cost a 1st and a 2nd, no way we get even close to that back.
    source?
    I wouldn't believe anything until he emerges from his darkness lol

FWIW, Love cost a 1st and a 4th, and is likely why they took DeGuara in R3 instead of on Day 3.

can't remember the source, but I though it was his agent that let the brass know

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Himself.
    I normally like taking a stand but I submitted the pssy vote and just said GB

But FRITZ, GETS THE AWARD FOR BEST ANSWER
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    can't remember the source, but I though it was his agent that let the brass know
    Gotcha.
    So I see APC posted an article that the Jets are officially interested, according to Fowler at ESPN.
    https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...s-trade-rumors

What else we know:
    Folwer's report comes after Rappaport previously reported that multiple teams have already inquired.
    Rappaport and Pelissero have also reported that the Packers are willing to trade Rodgers if he requests a change of scenery.
    Gute has said at least twice that the team wanted Rodgers to be on the squad next season.
    Rodgers has said he wouldn't want to come back to GB if they are rebuilding, although what "rebuilding" means is not clear. (It's Rodgers and his wordsmithing after all.) It is likely tied to keeping certain players and coaches around.
    Rodgers has also said that players who would potentially influence his retirement decision would be Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Marcedes Lewis, Robert Tonyan and David Bakhtiari.

Yes, there is a lot of "conjecture" at the moment, but where there's smoke there's fire.
    The next few weeks will be interesting; Rodgers has said he will make a decision before Mar 15, I expect a lot more rumors and conjecture until something actually does happen.

FWIW, I don't think he's retiring. I just don't know if he's playing for GB. He probably doesn't either, not yet anyway.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Gotcha.
    So I see APC posted an article that the Jets are officially interested, according to Fowler at ESPN.

What else we know:
    Folwer's report comes after Rappaport previously reported that multiple teams have already inquired.
    Rappaport and Pelissero have also reported that the Packers are willing to trade Rodgers if he requests a change of scenery.
    Gute has said at least twice that the team wanted Rodgers to be on the squad next season.
    Rodgers has said he wouldn't want to come back to GB if they are rebuilding, although what "rebuilding" means is not clear. (It's Rodgers and his wordsmithing after all.) It is likely tied to keeping certain players and coaches around.
    Rodgers has also said that players who would potentially influence his retirement decision would be Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Marcedes Lewis, Robert Tonyan and David Bakhtiari.

Yes, there is a lot of "conjecture" at the moment, but where there's smoke there's fire.
    The next few weeks will be interesting; Rodgers has said he will make a decision before Mar 15, I expect a lot more rumors and conjecture until something actually does happen.

FWIW, I don't think he's retiring. I just don't know if he's playing for GB. He probably doesn't either, not yet anyway.
    “Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.”
    — Brené Brown
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I have a hunch we're gonna have a good idea what's happening next weekend when he emerges from his dark house lol. McAfee next Tuesday I imagine they'll chat about next steps.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I have a hunch we're gonna have a good idea what's happening next weekend when he emerges from his dark house lol. McAfee next Tuesday I imagine they'll chat about next steps.
    I don't think we will know yet. I think he will let the team know he is playing next year and the private trade talks will start. Then the rumors will leak and we will have a really good idea by the combine.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...ek-per-report/

this belongs somewhere. This seems good as anywhere.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

We won’t know for sure any time soon. This will be dragged out eternally just like every other year recently.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Gotcha.

What else we know:

I've been wondering why all this talk of trading Rodgers - as in, who really wants that? Gutekunst has spoken twice publicly and both times said the big contract extension was meant for more than just one year with Green Bay. The Flower has also said he wants Rodgers back. And Rodgers has said he'd like to retire a Packer. So what's happening that now a trade is being bandied about?

Most likely, the bolded above - Rodgers wants to have some of his buddies back on the team - is what's changed. He phrased it as not wanting to be part of a rebuild, but he was specific about which guys he wants back. Don't know if he wants/needs them ALL back or at least a couple, or what, but now he's decided he wants to retire a Packer IF they re-sign at least some of "his" guys. And maybe part of it is that the team is now seeing they're further away from an SB than they thought a year ago?

Just like last year, it's gotten really weird.

I can't imagine Rodgers wanting or being willing to go to NY, and it sure sounds like the Packers absolutely will not trade Rodgers to an NFC team, so I would think, if they're going to trade him, they will try to use the Jets' interest to drive the price up and hope Rodgers doesn't say anything about not wanting to go to NY. Raiders still seem the most likely landing spot, if their GM wants to play ball.

At this point, I'd take one first round pick for Rodgers. Maybe even a second and a third (well, okay, a third round pick is useless for Green Bay).

Be funny if he announced his retirement after all this. But I don't think that'll happen.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ent-on-monday/

Dude describes Rodgers to a tee..

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    We won’t know for sure any time soon. This will be dragged out eternally just like every other year recently.
    Last year he signed his extension March 14. Is that really eternity?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

For fans starved for some offseason news, it seems that way sometimes. But I think if we get some clarity in the next month, that'd be fine.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I'm fairly sure Rodgers knows he's staying and the Packer brass know he is staying. Rodgers is just stringing along the media shitheads and anybody dumb enough to swallow the media shit.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm fairly sure Rodgers knows he's staying and the Packer brass know he is staying. Rodgers is just stringing along the media shitheads and anybody dumb enough to swallow the media shit.
    Then why all the drama? Rodgers just looks like a prima-donna.

I chose USFL cause I am tired of the soap opera.

If true, what an asshole.

hahahahaha Why? I'd say the assholes are the media pukes doing their damnedest to stir up trouble. And a large part of that drama i.e. stirred up trouble involves Rodgers and his future. That all seemed to be settled last offseason with the new contract. However, Rodgers' bad injury-riddled season which contributed to the rotten Packer season in general has resulted in a new mostly media-generated shitstorm. If any of ya'all were Rodgers, what would be your opinion of that? And what would you do about it? His future was pretty well settled last offseason. Now, he's hearing and reading the same shit that we are. Who among ya'all wouldn't be at least a little bit pissed off about that? And given that, what would you say and do? Come out with blatant denials and harsh criticism of the perpetrators of that media bullshit? Or just subtly playing along and putting on those dumbshits? Rodgers, being sort of a mellow hippy-esque California type, hasn't chosen the blatant confrontation. Rather, he has chosen the reaction he has chosen. I woulda been more confrontational, myself, basically been more of an asshole - but that's just me hahahaha. So I would suggest that Rodgers has been anything but an asshole in reaction to the assholic bullshit aimed at him.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

hahahahaha Why? I'd say the assholes are the media pukes doing their damnedest to stir up trouble. And a large part of that drama i.e. stirred up trouble involves Rodgers and his future..
    This is literally what sports media does, they get paid by getting your attention, your clicks, etc.
    The NFL encourages it, and Rodgers himself encourages it by playing coy.

You're basically calling the media assholes and pukes for doing their jobs. It doesn't mean they are wrong.
    Clearly they are supplying a need if they continue to get clicks.
    I can think of very few jobs where people get called a puke and asshole for doing it, and sports media personality or journalist aren't at the top of that list.
    I suppose it depends on the type. Skip Bayless is an asshole. I don't think Tom Silverstein is though.

Rodgers may seem to be a mellow-Californian, but he's a Northern Californian. There's a difference. And I think it's an act -- he plays a LOT of games with the media and is extremely manipulative. If he wanted to put a stop to any of this he'd make more definitive statements. He likes the attention, he likes stringing things along, and he especially likes to zig when everyone is kept in the dark and expects him to zag, only to call them out as doubters and know-nothings later. I don't feel sorry for him, I think he brings it on himself, and I also think he's ok with that.

A FHOF QB who might be traded or retire is going to get a lot of stories run. Nothing to do until an announcement is made.

“Journalists doing their job” is a total cop out. Find a job where you’re not paid to criticize people or dig up their personal lives. They choose that low life profession.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.