View Poll Results: Who will Rodgers Play For In 2023?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packers

10 33.33%
  • Raiders

4 13.33%
  • Jets

10 33.33%
  • Panthers

0 0%
  • Titans

2 6.67%
  • Dolphins

0 0%
  • Colts

0 0%
  • Bucs

0 0%
  • Other

2 6.67%
  • He Won't Play

2 6.67%
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2023 (Or Will He Play)?

Yeah, that 3rd straight 15 year HOF QB would be great, but don't hold your breath for it.

Madtown, hell yeah, they didn't win much if at all after those great seasons. If playoff wins and trophies is what floats your boat, then I suppose 15-1 or 14-3 or 13-4, etc. with an early out in the playoffs were not successful seasons. That ain't me, though. I'll take the bunch of wins, and fuck the damn playoffs. Anyway, for the foreseeable future, we ain't gonna have the luxury of that choice, not even close. Fuck anybody that wants this stupid "move on" crap.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Yeah, that 3rd straight 15 year HOF QB would be great, but don't hold your breath for it.

Madtown, hell yeah, they didn't win much if at all after those great seasons. If playoff wins and trophies is what floats your boat, then I suppose 15-1 or 14-3 or 13-4, etc. with an early out in the playoffs were not successful seasons. That ain't me, though. I'll take the bunch of wins, and fuck the damn playoffs. Anyway, for the foreseeable future, we ain't gonna have the luxury of that choice, not even close. Fuck anybody that wants this stupid "move on" crap.
    Fuck Rodgers then. All he ever had to do was say he's committed to the Packers this would have been over long ago. He seems to be perfectly happy moving on, so I'll not cry and bitch about it like a little girl.

He intends to play for the Jets. I am a Packer fan first.

The Wolf tree of GMs has been pretty good at finding HOF QBs.

Wolf got Favre
    Thompson got Rodgers
    Schneider got Wilson
    Dorsey got Mahommes

Maybe Gute got one too. Let’s hope!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Fuck Rodgers then.
    /Thread

Fuck Rodgers then. All he ever had to do was say he's committed to the Packers this would have been over long ago. He seems to be perfectly happy moving on, so I'll not cry and bitch about it like a little girl.

He intends to play for the Jets. I am a Packer fan first.
    If indeed he ends up with the Jets, then hell yeah (I'm record saying I hope he breaks his knees in that case). I have seen no evidence, though, that Rodgers wasn't fully committed to the Packers his whole career including last season, right up until this post season when apparently - and inexplicably and STUPIDLY - the Packer brass decided de-commit to Rodgers. The contract - which I refer to as glorious - demonstrated IMO a commitment both from the team to Rodgers and Rodgers to the team. It's a longshot at this point, but that contract is still in effect. Furthermore, if the trade falls through, Gutekunst is on record saying he'd welcome back Rodgers as Packer QB. Therein lies the sliver of hope that all is not yet lost.

You seen no evidence? Tex you're one deluded bastard.

The 150 million was a commitment from the team. Rodgers working with the young wr's during ota's would have been Rodgers commitment to the team.

One happened, the other did not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    The 150 million was a commitment from the team. Rodgers working with the young wr's during ota's would have been Rodgers commitment to the team.

THIS is what GUTE expected IMO
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    THIS is what GUTE expected IMO
    I agree. Gute gave Rodgers exactly what he wanted, and Rodgers rewarded him by not showing up until he absolutely had to. Gute learned the hard way that Rodgers never forgets a perceived slight. But he probably should have known.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I agree. Gute gave Rodgers exactly what he wanted, and Rodgers rewarded him by not showing up until he absolutely had to. Gute learned the hard way that Rodgers never forgets a perceived slight. But he probably should have known.
    To paraphrase the great Allen Iverson, OTA’s? Are you fucking kidding me, OTA’s? Not game week practice, not training camp; hell, not even mini-camp. But fucking OTA’s, where the CBA forbids contact and players jog through plays/routes slower than Tony O’Day running the 40.

The pups were rooks. Naturally, vet QBs and rook WRs have less chemistry than O’Day has with Black folks. Ain’t matter whether or not Butte’s at the meaningless OTAs. Remember when Adams was a pub rook? Butte was at the OTA’s every fucking day. Both players still lacked chemistry came the regular season that season.

Chemistry is mushed via prolonged combat in the battlefield on any given Sunday, Monday or Thursday - not the fucking OTAs.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    To paraphrase the great Allen Iverson, OTA’s? Are you fucking kidding me, OTA’s? Not game week practice, not training camp; hell, not even mini-camp. But fucking OTA’s, where the CBA forbids contact and players jog through plays/routes slower than Tony O’Day running the 40.

The pups were rooks. Naturally, vet QBs and rook WRs have less chemistry than O’Day has with Black folks. Ain’t matter whether or not Butte’s at the meaningless OTAs. Remember when Adams was a pub rook? Butte was at the OTA’s every fucking day. Both players still lacked chemistry came the regular season that season.

Chemistry is mushed via prolonged combat in the battlefield on any given Sunday, Monday or Thursday - not the fucking OTAs.
    Then why do they bother having them at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post

This is nothing more than you repeating the media SHIT that you swallow. I repeat, no evidence of that shit. What it is evidence of is media pukes stirring up trouble, and idiots in here buying the crap they spew.

About the OTAs, what APB said.

This is nothing more than you repeating the media SHIT that you swallow. I repeat, no evidence of that shit. What it is evidence of is media pukes stirring up trouble, and idiots in here buying the crap they spew.

About the OTAs, what APB said.
    He didn't show up to OTAs. It's a fact, not media SHIT.

He didn't come out and commit to the Packers. It's a fact, not media SHIT.

He claimed the Packers told him he wasn't wanted back "in so many words," but we know the Packers were publicly saying they wanted him back.

Bottom line, if Rodgers wanted to be a Packer he could have been and he still could be. He simply doesn't want to play for the Packers. That's more of a fact than most of the conjecture you spout about what you think is going on.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Then why do they bother having them at all?
    Conditioning and playbook installs.

Butte has made more than enough frogskins to hire his own personal trainer, and he has mastered LaFleur’s simple offensive. Playing catch with Watson and Doubs in April ain’t gonna do shit about chemistry.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Butte has made more than enough frogskins to hire his own personal trainer, and he has mastered LaFleur’s simple offensive. Playing catch with Watson and Doubs in April ain’t gonna do shit about chemistry.
    MLF called him out in public, I'll take his word over yours. Not to say it was the end of the world, but the only reason for him not to show up seemed to be he didn't want to be bothered. Probably needed more time to plan his up coming darkness retreat.

Also, is there any evidence he actually hired a personal trainer?

So, do the bare minimum required ? Sounds like a response you'd get from a fry cook at a burger joint.

Far from right if you're a QB or WR or the leader of the team. Given it's all timing based on routes and QB's throwing to a position, kinda hard to get that timing down when you don't show up. At a minimum, the team captain/leaders should be at camp. Lead by example which is something Brady had down "Pat" - pun intended.
    60% of the time it works every time.

Supposedly the Jets are also working on a possible trade with the Rams for Stafford. At least one NY media puke says he and maybe the Jets would rather have Stafford. He likely would be cheaper anyway, both in the trade and in money. This pleases me. I expect that it is troubling to the haters in here hahahaha. If Gutekunst really is STUPIDLY all in on getting rid of Rodgers, which I hopefully doubt, this could cause him to settle for less in a trade. That, of course, could be the Jets goal too - putting out some fake news about Stafford in order to put pressure on Gutekunst.

I'm still thinking gloom and doom, but from my point of view, and the point of view of anyone who truly wants the Packers to be winners, every day that goes by without a trade thickens the thin thread of hope.

Supposedly the Jets are also working on a possible trade with the Rams for Stafford. At least one NY media puke says he and maybe the Jets would rather have Stafford. He likely would be cheaper anyway, both in the trade and in money. This pleases me. I expect that it is troubling to the haters in here hahahaha. If Gutekunst really is STUPIDLY all in on getting rid of Rodgers, which I hopefully doubt, this could cause him to settle for less in a trade. That, of course, could be the Jets goal too - putting out some fake news about Stafford in order to put pressure on Gutekunst.

I'm still thinking gloom and doom, but from my point of view, and the point of view of anyone who truly wants the Packers to be winners, every day that goes by without a trade thickens the thin thread of hope.
    It could be there's some truth, or it could be the Jets are trying to better their trade position. If it's the latter, expect some Packer flunky to "leak" that other teams are sniffing around Rodgers again. Who, I have no idea.

But Tex, surely you don't believe the media pukes, especially one that would dare to say the Jets would rather have Stafford than Rodgers?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

According to https://overthecap.com/If the Rams were to trade Stafford prior to June 1, he would count 74 million against their cap. 54 million more than if they keep him. They currently have 8.5 million in cap space. Tex needs to stop listening to those media pukes.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen