View Poll Results: Who will Rodgers Play For In 2023?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packers

10 33.33%
  • Raiders

4 13.33%
  • Jets

10 33.33%
  • Panthers

0 0%
  • Titans

2 6.67%
  • Dolphins

0 0%
  • Colts

0 0%
  • Bucs

0 0%
  • Other

2 6.67%
  • He Won't Play

2 6.67%
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2023 (Or Will He Play)?

Rodgers gets 60M guaranteed if the Packers get him. Not gonna happen. Trade!!!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Rodgers soon to enter his darkness retreat. Rumor is that if he sees his shadow when he emerges, there will be 6 more weeks of speculation about his playing future.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    My favorite was something like:

Rogers and Gollum, sitting in the dark with their one ring.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    My favorite was something like:

Rogers and Gollum, sitting in the dark with their one ring.
    One ring to bullshit them all..

Blog Entries
    Rumor is Jets are really interested in Carr from da Raiders.

Does anybody really want Aaron now that she's turning in his annual KAREN act again ? Maybe he's more bullshit that people wanna put up with. It's not his talent; that's why about seventy five percent of the GB fans in all of these polls are ready to move on.

Sick of the Karen act
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

He’s under contract and has acted consistent with his statements unlike Favre. Why the shade, B? He’s also made decisions before drafts and hasn’t said anything controversial. I seriously don’t get it. I like 12 now more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Yes, but THIS is what I quoted

I did NOT quote the post where you said "if true, what an asshole".
    Thus the need for my clarification.

Aron Jones restructured contract makes me nervous they are trying to clear money to keep him

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    Aron Jones restructured contract makes me nervous they are trying to clear money to keep him
    Doesn't have anything to do with Rodgers. They want to keep Jones no matter who the QB is. In fact having a good running game to rely on becomes even more important with an inexperienced guy at QB.

If there are no viable trades, the Packers need to have the cap space to pay Rodgers the guaranteed $60M, and they have to reach it by March 15th.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    If there are no viable trades, the Packers need to have the cap space to pay Rodgers the guaranteed $60M, and they have to reach it by March 15th.
    Regardless, if they do trade him it will be after June 1st (I think) and they have to be cap compliant by March 15th. No 2 ways about it. This move was necessary as at least one more will be.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    We were $20,000,000 over the cap no matter what we did. I think this saves us around $10,000,000. We still have to move $10,000,000 in cap hit by 3/15.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Over the cap shows at at just under 5 million over after the Jones restructure

My guess is Kenny Clark, Alexander or Preston Smith redo next

AR acknowledged that he understands he'll have to restructure his contract for whoever he plays for, too. So, if ol' Punxatawny Aaron emegers from his hole telling the Packers there's at least 1 more year in GB, they could re-do his deal ASAP, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    AR acknowledged that he understands he'll have to restructure his contract for whoever he plays for, too. So, if ol' Punxatawny Aaron emegers from his hole telling the Packers there's at least 1 more year in GB, they could re-do his deal ASAP, as well.
    I don't really see what they're going to do, though. The way the contract is structured is he has minimal cap hit from *his current contract* anyway. The 40M of cap hit is from old refactorings is my understanding. His cap hit isn't that big this year, but his take home pay is. OFC, I could be wrong because this stuff is super complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I don't really see what they're going to do, though. The way the contract is structured is he has minimal cap hit from *his current contract* anyway. The 40M of cap hit is from old refactorings is my understanding. His cap hit isn't that big this year, but his take home pay is. OFC, I could be wrong because this stuff is super complicated.
    I'm not sure, either, but maybe has to do with the way his huge roster bonus hits???

Does anyone have a Ty Dunne subscription? Post the article in trash can!

https://twitter.com/TyDunne/status/1626667499562360847

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Does anyone have a Ty Dunne subscription? Post the article in trash can!

https://twitter.com/TyDunne/status/1626667499562360847
    It.s a podcast, not an article. So don't think anyone can help you unless they want to give out their password.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicag...aaron-rodgers/

It appears the reality is far different behind the scenes in Green Bay. Things have reached a breaking point inside the organization. According to Bob McGinn of Go Long, the Packers aren’t even contemplating the idea of starting Rodgers for another year. They are tired of the distractions and the unfulfilled promises.

Plans are to move on whether the quarterback chooses to return or not.
    “AS OF RIGHT NOW, I’M CONVINCED — BASED ON MY OWN INSTINCTS AND KNOWING THE NFL AND KNOWING WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ALL THESE DEFEATS AND DISCUSSIONS WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS FIRSTHAND KNOWLEDGE OF THIS ORGANIZATION, OF THE PACKERS’ INTERNAL DEBATES — THAT THEY ARE DONE WITH RODGERS. THAT’S THE WAY IT IS RIGHT NOW, THAT HE’S NOT COMING BACK. THEY’RE DISGUSTED WITH HIM AND THEY’RE DONE WITH HIM AND THEY’RE MOVING ON. THIS IS GOING TO INVOLVE MONEY AND A TRADE PARTNER AND ALL KINDS OF THINGS. BUT I’M TOTALLY CONVINCED HE IS NOT GOING TO BE THEIR STARTING QUARTERBACK THIS YEAR…

…IT’S LOVE’S TURN. THE ORGANIZATION’S GOING THAT WAY. AND THAT’S THE WAY IT IS. THIS IS EVERYBODY, I’M TOLD. THIS IS MURPHY. THIS IS LAFLEUR. THIS IS GUTEKUNST. THIS IS THE WHOLE SHOOTING MATCH. THEY’VE TURNED THE PAGE. THEY DON’T SEE RODGERS AS A GUY WHO’S REALLY WORKING HARD ANYMORE. THEY SEE A GUY WHO — WHEN HE REPORTED THIS YEAR — HIS BODY WASN’T SO-CALLED ‘TIGHT’ AND STRONG AS IT WAS. THEY SEE A GUY WHO BLEW OFF THE OFFSEASON LAST YEAR. … THEY’RE DONE.”

Wow. That certainly explains a lot. Green Bay had largely accepted Rodgers and his quirks because he always showed up in shape and prepared for the season. This time around, he didn’t arrive for off-season activities. When he showed up, he wasn’t in top shape or fully focused. Combine that with his clunker against Detroit in the season finale? It’s not hard to see why the Packers are done.