Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
Who do you mean? Rodgers? 67 is a bit of a stretch, even 57. I wouldn't be surprised if he could still be effective at 47 - just a couple years beyond Brady. Not saying he would, but coul;d? Probably. How did you get off onto that aspect of the topic anyway?

runpMc, you sort of have to ask Fritz that. He brought up "financial means". I'll just say, there are two sides to it: actual money and the salary cap. Say if Elon Musk owned a team, he'd never be short of money, but he'd still have the cap. The Packers aren't like Musk, but they are never gonna run out of actual money due to the corporate structure and all the extra revenue coming in. And as I always say, the cap can always be handled - just look at that chart in somebody's earlier post. The "cap hell" teams are the consistent winners, while the teams doing like some of ya'all would like are perennial losers - Bears, etc.
Nobody wants to be like the Bears. They have no cap issues because they don't have good players they need to keep.

Packers can sign anyone the want every free agency period because the cap doesn't really matter at all. They can just do some financial moves and it's all good. Why the hell don't they sign the top free agent options every single year? Idiots.