Thread: Official Free Agency/Offseason Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amos is a thinker. He was such a good addition for the team for years. It does make you wonder if with changing life situations, etc the grind can become too much. I see a guy like JJ Watt say they just don't want to do the off-season again, that it's just too much work and they want to spend their time on other stuff like family, etc.

It does make you wonder how many hours these dudes are putting in.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Amos is a thinker. He was such a good addition for the team for years. It does make you wonder if with changing life situations, etc the grind can become too much. I see a guy like JJ Watt say they just don't want to do the off-season again, that it's just too much work and they want to spend their time on other stuff like family, etc.

It does make you wonder how many hours these dudes are putting in.
    These guys are the elite of the elite. They were the best players ever at their high schools, and probably some of the best athletes ever at their colleges. So I can only imagine that to compete at this high a level would require more training, and more intense training, than we mortals can really comprehend. So I do wonder if you can only do that for so long before it just becomes too much. I like Amos, too. I think he played well up until this past year. But maybe it's all just too much to keep doing, or maybe he's lost a half-step. I don't know. But the guy was a good addition to this team.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack