Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Free Agency/Offseason Thread

Yeah right hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Vikings release Eric Kendricks. Will save 9.5 million on cap.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Not surprised, he's an undersized 30 something year old LB.
    He's been a good player for them, but with Brian Flores in at DC, their performance last year and their cap situation it's expected their defense will have a lot of new faces.

A Jets contingent landed in California 40 minutes ago. Jets Team Owner, Woody Johnson and the GM, Head Coach and O/C to visit with Rodgers in person after a conference call yesterday.

Deal is in place between Packers and Jets. All depends on if Rodgers wants to play this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    A Jets contingent landed in California 40 minutes ago. Jets Team Owner, Woody Johnson and the GM, Head Coach and O/C to visit with Rodgers in person after a conference call yesterday.

Deal is in place between Packers and Jets. All depends on if Rodgers wants to play this year.
    Did they all crawl on his knees from the jet to his holiness’ compound?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Did they all crawl on his knees from the jet to his holiness’ compound?
    They need the head coach to pick him up at the MSP airport.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Ravens place non-exclusive franchise tag on Lamar Jackson. His salary will be at 32.4 million. Other teams can negotiate with him. If a team signs him to an offer sheet, Ravens have 5 days to decide whether to match the offer and keep him. If they don't, they get 2 1st round picks from the team signing him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post

J.E.T.S. JETS JETS JETS

I can hear Tex chanting ))
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Ravens place non-exclusive franchise tag on Lamar Jackson. His salary will be at 32.4 million. Other teams can negotiate with him. If a team signs him to an offer sheet, Ravens have 5 days to decide whether to match the offer and keep him. If they don't, they get 2 1st round picks from the team signing him.
    I think they’d be able to trade him for more, but clearly they did their homework or they’d have used the exclusive tag. I like the idea of letting the market set a rate. Lamar can’t be happy about this because the two first rounders will lower his salary I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I think they’d be able to trade him for more, but clearly they did their homework or they’d have used the exclusive tag. I like the idea of letting the market set a rate. Lamar can’t be happy about this because the two first rounders will lower his salary I believe.
    I think a big part of it is teams don't want to give out fully guaranteed contracts. Some owners were pissed when Cousins and especially last year Watson got them. For guaranteed money you have to put the same amount in an escrow, that's a ton of money doing nothing for you. You could argue there's collusion going on with teams publicly saying Nope to Lamar so fast. That, plus the injuries and lack of agent. 26 year old former MVP QBs don't become available unless there's something else going on.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I think a big part of it is teams don't want to give out fully guaranteed contracts. Some owners were pissed when Cousins and especially last year Watson got them. For guaranteed money you have to put the same amount in an escrow, that's a ton of money doing nothing for you. You could argue there's collusion going on with teams publicly saying Nope to Lamar so fast. That, plus the injuries and lack of agent. 26 year old former MVP QBs don't become available unless there's something else going on.
    Whats going on is that he gets hurt, and he hasn't done squat in the playoffs. Combine those things and his value isn't what he believe it to be. However, I am shocked, that given the ludicrous contracts being signed, no one has offered him something to his liking.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I'm wondering if we're going to hear, starting in a couple days, of the Jets talking with representatives for Randall Cobb and Mercedes Lewis...
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'm wondering if we're going to hear, starting in a couple days, of the Jets talking with representatives for Randall Cobb and Mercedes Lewis...
    They have to clear cap space to take Rodgers contract, so look for that as well. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some other players traded to make this happen.
    They just traded for Chuck Clark, maybe they dump Jordan Whitehead for cap space since Clark is cheaper. They could conceivably redo a number of contracts (Corey Davis, CJ Mosley, Laken Tomlinson, Carl Lawson) to do what GB has done - convert salary to bonus - for cap space.

Rodgers cap hit for his next team is 21, 30, 49 and 43. It’s an average of 36M per year. His contract is very reasonable to whoever he’s traded to. The Packers cap hits would be 10M higher in each year.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

And he’s likely to retire before the contract plays out. It’s a good contract to trade for. That’s how they made it. They made it tradable.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Rodgers cap hit for his next team is 21, 30, 49 and 43. It’s an average of 36M per year. His contract is very reasonable to whoever he’s traded to. The Packers cap hits would be 10M higher in each year.
    yeah, its really good for the next 2 years for the next team

there should be no trade hangups over the cap hits

so z smith just demanded his release form the queens

what the hell is that all about?

seemed like a had a good first year out of the 3 he signed up for, and he's never been a problem type of guy

plus the queens just got ranked as like that best team to play for

so what the hell?

ras?

Z did nothing the 2nd half of the year. Vikings are 15 million over the cap even after cutting Eric Kendricks. Maybe Z has doubts about Vikings being able to stay competitive. I actually thought Vikings might cut him. It would save them 12 million on the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    And he’s likely to retire before the contract plays out. It’s a good contract to trade for. That’s how they made it. They made it tradable.
    Everything I've read now indicates that this was the worst contract of the century. Gute's gonna be givin' the Jets picks before it's all done.

This whole thing since drafting Love in 2020 has been a cluster &*^) every which way. I have zero confidence in the FO at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so z smith just demanded his release form the queens

what the hell is that all about?

seemed like a had a good first year out of the 3 he signed up for, and he's never been a problem type of guy

plus the queens just got ranked as like that best team to play for

so what the hell?

ras?
    He was being floated as a cap casualty; maybe he was approached to redo his contract and balked... or maybe he decided he doesn't like Brian Flores or his vision of the defense next year.
    Z is a little bit of an oddball. Who knows with him.

EDIT: current spin is it's about money.
    10 minutes after Smith's tweet, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported that while Smith had requested his release, likely in pursuit of a more lucrative deal, the Vikings are actually not interested in cutting him loose.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ay/ar-AA18r6gt