Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Free Agency/Offseason Thread

I think this is evidence that the Packers and Jets have a deal. Now the Jets are trying to get Rodgers on board.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think this is evidence that the Packers and Jets have a deal. Now the Jets are trying to get Rodgers on board.
    Or maybe not.

Justis Mosqueda
    @JuMosq

Mike Garafolo on NFL Network just said the biggest holdups in the Aaron Rodgers trade are the compensation (trade details) and the financial compensation (Aaron Rodgers' 2023 cash)

So just the little things

Lamar. Sure HC a diva. Skipped ota’s. Tweets that he turned down 3yr 133m fully guaranteed.

I hear that two of the ya'all crowd's favorite media pukes disagreed with the media puke who claimed a deal with the Jets was "done".
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I can’t believe Brady wants Gronk. He was old. Brady’s such a diva.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Lamar. Sure HC a diva. Skipped ota’s. Tweets that he turned down 3yr 133m fully guaranteed.
    I'm sure all QBs are Divas and I know what you're doing but c'mon man Lamar and Aaron there is no comparison who is the bigger diva and puts themselves out there. Lamar in general seems to keep his business private, I'm pretty shocked he tweeted that.

I don’t think any of them are real divas.

I can understand why some here want to move on from Aaron but the amount of silly comments by fans deserves some balance. I’ve been fine moving on from AR since M3 left. It’s a young mans game for the most part.

FWIW (i.e., not much until confirmed) ESPN and NFL reporters are saying on social media that NYJ are going after Lazard and have interest in Cobb and Big Dog. They wouldn't do that unless Rodgers was a very good bet to join them.

The Bears have been pretty active -- I thought they did ok with their trade out of #1, until someone pointed out others have gotten more. Still, they have DJ Moore, Mooney, ESB, Claypool, and Velus Jones. Not a bad group.
    Adding to the OL is a smart move for them. I wonder if they keep David Montgomery... I kind of doubt i..
    Trading Roquan and then signing Edwards and Edmunds is kind of an interesting move. Roquan is better than either of them, but both are solid guys. Still, they have issues elsewhere on defense, seems a little weird to drop so much money into ILBs. They did front load a lot of it, so their current cap space can eat it up. Still a lot of dough, and in a year where there are some good off ball LBs in the draft.

Bringing back Keisean is a good move, but surprised it's only a 1 year deal. I guess is basically a 1 year $4M with another $2M in incentives, so not bad. My guess is Nixon wanted more money and longer contract but GB didn't want to pay that much for a #4CB/KR. Happy for the guy though - seems like a good teammate. I don't expect GB to be big players in FA, maybe picking up a cheap vet at S or WR who can be reliable. They've worked some real magic finding gems the last two years with Nixon, Rasul, Devondre... maybe they get lucky again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I hear that two of the ya'all crowd's favorite media pukes disagreed with the media puke who claimed a deal with the Jets was "done".
    What are you talking about, oh Wise One?

And goom-bye to Jarran Reed, as they say in parts of Michigan.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jason B. Hirschhorn

Adding David Montgomery strongly suggests that the #Lions won't bring back Jamaal Williams.

Perhaps a certain quarterback might add Williams to his wish list.
    If true, this is the biggest shocker so far. I'd take Jamaal over Montgomery any day.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    What are you talking about, oh Wise One?
    You didn't read that Rapaport and Shefter disagreed with Wingo?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Packers have placed 2nd round tender on RFA Yosh Nijman. It is worth 4.3 million.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    You didn't read that Rapaport and Shefter disagreed with Wingo?
    I don't read every article that comes down the pike.

That's like trying to pick fly shit out of pepper.

I use PR and my phone as my filter.

When I see a flock of posts and a GIF of Mad doing a Mexican war dance, I'll know the deal is down and I can start reading stuff.

Why do you read all this shit if you think those guys are pukes, goofs, etc?

Packers have placed 2nd round tender on RFA Yosh Nijman. It is worth 4.3 million.
    That's really a no-brainer. To get a starting RT for < $5M is rare.
    Andre Dillard has started all of 5 games in his career and just got paid about $9-10M/year.

After the Chris Lindstrom contract, the Elgton Jenkins contract looks like a steal too.

First week of FA is always crazy. Teams overpay all the time.

I'm very curious to find out how the redshirt guys (Sean Rhyan, Rasheed Walker, Caleb Jones) look in camp. If 2 out of those 3 turn into serviceable players, they are in good shape. Hell, if one of Walker/Jones can fill in at RT, that's a big deal. It's very difficult to have 3 OL on expensive 2nd or 3rd contracts, and they have Bakh and Jenkins there now.

(I think Zach Tom is the future LT, but GB might not see it that way.)

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    That's really a no-brainer. To get a starting RT for < $5M is rare.
    Andre Dillard has started all of 5 games in his career and just got paid about $9-10M/year.

After the Chris Lindstrom contract, the Elgton Jenkins contract looks like a steal too.

First week of FA is always crazy. Teams overpay all the time.

I'm very curious to find out how the redshirt guys (Sean Rhyan, Rasheed Walker, Caleb Jones) look in camp. If 2 out of those 3 turn into serviceable players, they are in good shape. Hell, if one of Walker/Jones can fill in at RT, that's a big deal. It's very difficult to have 3 OL on expensive 2nd or 3rd contracts, and they have Bakh and Jenkins there now.

(I think Zach Tom is the future LT, but GB might not see it that way.)
    In brief service, don’t remember if it was preseason or if he got a few snaps, but Rasheed Walker seemed to move well at tackle. Rhyan, who knows. But yeah, let’s hope. Love doesn’t need to be learning how to do it in the NFL under conditions Rodgers faced early last year.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

lol, pats sign ju ju for 3 years 33 million

about the same that lazard got

i would take ju ju all day long over lazard, and its not even close

juju is a #1, lazard is a #3

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    lol, pats sign ju ju for 3 years 33 million

about the same that lazard got

i would take ju ju all day long over lazard, and its not even close

juju is a #1, lazard is a #3
    Yeah, agree.

NE loses Jacobi Meyers for that amount. Getting Ju Ju for that is pretty good. Not sure he's a #1 but he's a good #2 for sure.
    Lazard is a good #3 so a step up. The Lazard signing was clearly to lure Rodgers. The Jets WR room wasn't the problem last year.

Packers signed Tyler Davis after not tendering him. Probably league minimum contract or close to it.

Packers signed Tyler Davis after not tendering him. Probably league minimum contract or close to it.
    That’s about as exciting as a picture of Phyllis Diller naked.

Ugh.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack