Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Free Agency/Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That’s about as exciting as a picture of Phyllis Diller naked.

Ugh.
    Get used to it. Packers don't have the cap room to make any Salma Hayek signings.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Hey Fritz!

The Packers Wire
    @ThePackersWire

The Packers signed a new long snapper, agreeing to a deal with former Rams snapper Matt Orzech on Wednesday.

Ugh.
    Does this top it?

The Green Bay Packers are signing long snapper Matt Orzech to a three-year deal
    Former LS for the Rams. Look out, Jack Coco.

I feel the blood stirring in my loins.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Tonyan signs with Bears.

who is this "Phyllis Diller"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Tonyan signs with Bears.
    the nfl sucks

Safety depth.

The Green Bay Packers announced the signing of former San Francisco 49ers safety Tarvarius Moore on Friday.

Moore, a third-round pick of the 49ers in the 2018 draft, is entering his sixth NFL season in 2023. He has played in 61 career games (13 starts).

Moore and long snapper Matt Orzech – a signing also announced on Friday – are the Packers’ first two outside free-agent additions of the 2023 league year.

Moore has played over 1,000 career snaps on special teams and has 26 career special teams tackles.

After starting eight games for the 49ers in 2020, Moore suffered a ruptured Achilles before the 2021 season and didn’t return until 2022. Last season, he played only 41 defensive snaps over 13 games.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    He will be cut by the end of the month.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Or he’ll be a special teams demon.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Dean Lowry signs with the Vikings. 2 years, 8.5M, 3M bonus.
    Feels like a weird move but I guess that's not a huge contract. Vikes are doing some odd things but maybe this is a Flores thing.

GB will have to draft or sign a pair of DL unless they think one of their bench guys can make the jump. They are very thin there.

Or he’ll be a special teams demon.
    Possbily. He ran a 4.32 40 before tearing his Achilles, so he's probably not as fast or agile, but it looks like he has over 1000 snaps on both defense and ST, so he should have a place on the team either way.
    This might mean the end of Rudy Ford or another player (Dallin Leavitt?) in the safety group who played ST.

He goes 6'2", 200 and rates in the mid 60's on PFF, so he's ok. They could do worse at safety. His cousin is former NBA player Antonio McDyess.

Until Rodgers is traded it's going to be a little murky figuring out how they navigate the cap and FA, right now they've basically kicked more stuff down the road after adding void years to Rasul's contract. They've redone basically every contract they can, maybe after Rodgers cap hit is gone they'll be able to absorb more of this.

Ugh.
    Considering the decay that's happened by now, that's maybe a tad harsh?

Packers sign Rudy Ford to 1 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers sign Rudy Ford to 1 year deal.
    an actual bright spot last year

not sure if he's full time starter material, but the kid plays with heart

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    an actual bright spot last year

not sure if he's full time starter material, but the kid plays with heart
    Might have to change the More Banjo thread to More Ford thread.

Well, it looks like they're paying attention to the special teams unit, anyway. And that is important. Between these signings (Nixon, Ford, the long snapper, the backup safety) and having four seventh round picks, I'd think Bisaccia will have plenty of tools to use next season.

And if Joe Barely can actually get the defense to play together, and if he can learn what a blitz is, maybe they'll keep their heads above water next season while Love takes his lumps and the young receivers grow.

KYPack

I don’t see how Love has to take lumps. At this point, he should be able to step in and win. He’s not a rookie. Rodgers was ready when he stepped in, it was merely our defense that was not. I think our defense has the talent to succeed. I may not be sold on the DC, but the talent is there. IF the defense can be a top 12 unit, there is NO reason to believe that the Packers have little chance to fight for a playoff spot. I’m not saying Love makes us a title contender. However, he certainly should be a guy who can get this roster to the postseason. If a guy like TL can do it in Jax his second year, Love should be able to do it in 2023 as a guy who has been in the league and seen a few bullets already.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Pretty amazing how Packers are approaching free agency. Packers have 5 WR's on their roster. 4 were rookies last year. The other has bounced around on practice squads. But their free agency signings have been to bolster DB/ST. I'm not worried they don't have a plan. Just curious as to what the plan is going to look like. Packers will have less than 10 million in cap space once the Rodgers trade goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I don’t see how Love has to take lumps. At this point, he should be able to step in and win. He’s not a rookie. Rodgers was ready when he stepped in, it was merely our defense that was not. I think our defense has the talent to succeed. I may not be sold on the DC, but the talent is there. IF the defense can be a top 12 unit, there is NO reason to believe that the Packers have little chance to fight for a playoff spot. I’m not saying Love makes us a title contender. However, he certainly should be a guy who can get this roster to the postseason. If a guy like TL can do it in Jax his second year, Love should be able to do it in 2023 as a guy who has been in the league and seen a few bullets already.
    There's an acorn of truth here. Yes, Love should be able to be at least decent - up to the standard of average QBs around the league BUT he won't be Aaron Rodger level quality - not what Rodgers was early on, not what Rodgers was in his prime, and not what Rodgers likely still would/will be. And I doubt Love will ever come close to that level. He's probably not gonna be far from his ceiling his first year as a starter. That 10-7 type record some have talked about is probably within reach and will continue to be. If that's what ya'all are willing to settle for just so you don't have Rodgers' drama to whine about, then yeah you'll get your wish - what I'd call mediocrity for the foreseeable future. If we were Bears or Lions fans, that would actually be an upgrade, but we Packer fans have been spoiled to expect more than that - except for ya'all Rodgers haters in here anyway.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?