Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't see why everyone thinks the Packers have leverage. They *want Rodgers out of the building* for sure. They definitely do not want him coming to training camp, etc. I don't really think they have any leverage. That said I think it should be easy to hammer out a trade for an R2 and call it a day. There is no need to be a dingle berry, the proper thing to do would be to cut Rodgers loose like the Colts did Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I don't see why everyone thinks the Packers have leverage. They *want Rodgers out of the building* for sure. They definitely do not want him coming to training camp, etc. I don't really think they have any leverage. That said I think it should be easy to hammer out a trade for an R2 and call it a day. There is no need to be a dingle berry, the proper thing to do would be to cut Rodgers loose like the Colts did Manning.
    Packers have some leverage because they're in no hurry as long as the trade happens before the draft. The Jets and their fans on the other hand want their new QB in the building. The sooner Rodgers is a Jet the sooner they can start selling Rodgers jerseys.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen