Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    Andrew Brandt just tweeted that he thought AR's interview shifted leverage to GB. He's put the Jets in a spot where they now have to get the deal done (even more than before). GB can wait... and wait... and wait. Pressure will be on Jets. Should be interesting.

Also, as I heard AR, the sticking point seems to be about how much of AR's contract Green Bay will eat.
    The way it stands, it’s a 4 year, 36M per year deal to whoever takes him. It’s not a bad deal.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    The way it stands, it’s a 4 year, 36M per year deal to whoever takes him. It’s not a bad deal.
    It's a one year deal (max two), 60 million per year. You're looking at the payment spread out, but what really matters is cash cost.

edit: I believe Woody Johnson already publicly offered first round picks (without consulting JD, lol). I'm guessing it's the money more than picks. But we'll see how it shakes out.

It's a one year deal (max two), 60 million per year. You're looking at the payment spread out, but what really matters is cash cost.
    If he retires, prorated parts of the bonus don’t count against the cap. I don’t think they’re as worried about giving away a few million dollars if it doesn’t count on the cap. They have it.

edit: I believe Woody Johnson already publicly offered first round picks (without consulting JD, lol). I'm guessing it's the money more than picks. But we'll see how it shakes out.
    60M year 1
    47M year 2

It’s risky business. Rodgers will either have a fire lit inside him or he’ll fall further into hippyville. I wouldn’t do it, but they seem willing.