Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I noticed Rodgers was respectful of the Packers - no shots at them, unless you count his "there are no records of the Packers trying to FaceTime me" thing. Still a little bit of a pissing match there. All I can say about that is that what I've learned over the years - I am a slow learner - is that you should pay attention to actions more than words. IF the Packers had wanted Rodgers back, and IF he had wanted to be back with them, well, he would be. But he ain't. I'm guessing - and it's a guess - that Rodgers did not like Guter's decision to not consult Rodgers about re-signing Lewis, Cobb, et al. I'm guessing Guter made it clear, one way or another, that the team was moving on, and Guter was trying to talk to Rodgers to see if he'd come back given those parameters. Probably knowing Rodgers wouldn't like that loss of control. So a little passive-aggressive there. Then Rodgers, the master of passive-aggressive, made it clear via the media that he'd been blindsided by the Packers and gee, he was all ready to commit to playing after he came out of the darkness!

As always, enough blame for everyone.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I noticed Rodgers was respectful of the Packers - no shots at them, unless you count his "there are no records of the Packers trying to FaceTime me" thing. Still a little bit of a pissing match there. All I can say about that is that what I've learned over the years - I am a slow learner - is that you should pay attention to actions more than words. IF the Packers had wanted Rodgers back, and IF he had wanted to be back with them, well, he would be. But he ain't. I'm guessing - and it's a guess - that Rodgers did not like Guter's decision to not consult Rodgers about re-signing Lewis, Cobb, et al. I'm guessing Guter made it clear, one way or another, that the team was moving on, and Guter was trying to talk to Rodgers to see if he'd come back given those parameters. Probably knowing Rodgers wouldn't like that loss of control. So a little passive-aggressive there. Then Rodgers, the master of passive-aggressive, made it clear via the media that he'd been blindsided by the Packers and gee, he was all ready to commit to playing after he came out of the darkness!

As always, enough blame for everyone.
    He wrote a nice farewell if you look for it online. No hard feelings for me. He is a packer legend. He will always be a packer. It was just time for a change.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.