I agree Fritz.

Rodgers is just as much to blame in the whole “divorce” as Packers brass is. To try and frame this as a “woe is me” situation really comes off all wrong. Both sides have made numerous mistakes during the past few years as the team tried to manage the final years of a HOF QB career, which normally goes off the rails at some point. It happened for Brady. It happened for Manning. It happened for Favre. It happened for Montana. The list goes on and on.

In terms of getting the deal done, I’m not sure the Packers have any way to truly gain leverage. However, as others have pointed out, the Packers are also in no rush. They don’t HAVE to make a deal, and the truth is that if they make a deal later in the off-season, it actually would benefit them. The fact is that the Jets stand to only lose leverage as time goes on. So the Jets may be right in saying compensation right now should be minimal. If the Packers had to act now, the Jets would stand to gain. However, the Packers do not have to act, and the eventual cost to the Jets will move higher and higher as we move closer to next season and they do not have a QB on their roster that they feel they can win with. It is basically a game of chicken at this point. The Packers are the train with 2 QBs. The Jets are on their bike heading toward the train with 0 QBs. In the end, the Jets are going to have to swerve, or face severe media/fan backlash.