Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Without addressing your beef with tex you said its Rodgers that wants a trade, not us. I'm assuming you mean the team by us, not posters here. The team wants to move on as well at this point. Its Love time. Its MiLF true offense time. Its cap rebuild time.
    I'm not the team, can't speak for them. I was talking about the posters in response to Tex calling everyone else shitheads and other similar jabs at the rest of us.

Wow, we actually agree on something hahahahaha - that it was posters in here (not so much fans in general) more so than the team that inexplicably want the trade to go through, along with the inevitable slide to mediocrity that will bring. And yeah, craving that is definitely shitheadedness.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Rodgers says he intends to play for the NYJ. I don't think he's coming back to GB and wearing the G&G.
    Yes, the Jets could back out but it would be a messy backtrack. I think it's 99.9% a done deal.

This could easily drag on until offseason workouts start in mid April. Should it go past then the draft is in late April. After that people are going to get very restless, and a deal could fall apart or another team could swoop in and offer something for Rodgers, but I think the Jets are the destination. I don't see GB backing out on JL and going back to AR, not with all the camp drama and cap mess that would create.

I'm thinking early April things heat up and something gets done.
    If the Jets back out, there will be a HUGE backlash from their fan base. They're just playing hardball thinking they're gonna steal AR from us like they did Favre for peanuts. And AR is worth a lot more that BF was at his point in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    If the Jets back out, there will be a HUGE backlash from their fan base. They're just playing hardball thinking they're gonna steal AR from us like they did Favre for peanuts. And AR is worth a lot more that BF was at his point in his career.
    Except Favre lead the Packers to the NFCC game the season before he was traded, and Rodgers was subpar last year. Yes, injuries were a big part of it, but it's still the last thing everybody saw with him.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Wow, we actually agree on something hahahahaha - that it was posters in here (not so much fans in general) more so than the team that inexplicably want the trade to go through, along with the inevitable slide to mediocrity that will bring. And yeah, craving that is definitely shitheadedness.
    The number one person that wants the trade is Rodgers. What a shithead.

Sharpe, I'd say the Packers are equally motivated to trade Rodgers as Rodgers is to be traded. From what I can gather, somewhere along the way after the season they decided it was time to move on - I'm guessing Rodgers was pressing his demands about who he wanted back, and the team just didn't want to go down that road again.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Sharpe, I'd say the Packers are equally motivated to trade Rodgers as Rodgers is to be traded. From what I can gather, somewhere along the way after the season they decided it was time to move on - I'm guessing Rodgers was pressing his demands about who he wanted back, and the team just didn't want to go down that road again.
    They certainly are now that Rodgers says he wants the trade.

Were they similarly motivated before that happened? It's plausible but not confirmed. All we know is they haven't said that publicly and they didn't come out and say it to Rodgers either. They just said it to Rodgers "in so many words." Which could be interpreted many different ways.

I think it's like Game of Thrones politicking - when you're on top and the MVP you can make people grovel and trade for Cobb to please you, but if you then go and miss wide open WRs and go 8-9 you can bet someone is coming to kill you in your sleep.
    Boy, that was a mixed up metaphor.

Basically, they put up with him for as long as he was playing like an MVP. Epitome of the saying that "the NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately' league".

Now that Rodgers has said he wants to be a Jet and the Jets brass have gone out and visited him and signed Lazard, they've already squeezed the toothpaste out of the tube. It's not going back in.

Tex, what makes you think they will be indefinitely mediocre? Lots of different teams have won 10+ games in the league in the last 10 years. Over the last 4 seasons 10, 13, 12, and 9 teams won double digit games. The team isn't run like the Bengals or Raiders.

Gutey said that he tried contacting Rodgers several times this offseason and he wouldn’t pick up the phone or call back. So gutey had to move on and do his job. Per Matt Schneidman.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

It reeks of the Favre situation where Favre was doing his usual off season routine of staying away and saying he’s not sure…. They put up with it until Rodgers was ready and then they twisted Favre’s actions into a big drama where Favre did it to himself.

They’re just done with 12 and ready for 10. If they weren’t ready for 10, they woulda put up with another offseason of Rodgers usual stuff.

On a more positive note, them going out of their way to cut ties with 12 shows they like what they see in 10. I never like a QBs chances of being great, but the chances just got better if the Packers brass believe in him enough to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Gutey said that he tried contacting Rodgers several times this offseason and he wouldn’t pick up the phone or call back. So gutey had to move on and do his job. Per Matt Schneidman.
    This kind of confirms what I thought. The post-season meeting with Rodgers did not go well, probably regarding what offensive players they would be bringing back.

Gute's comments: https://twitter.com/i/status/1640480212155772930
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    This kind of confirms what I thought. The post-season meeting with Rodgers did not go well, probably regarding what offensive players they would be bringing back.

Gute's comments: https://twitter.com/i/status/1640480212155772930
    Sounds like Rodgers made it clear he wasn't committed to the Packers "in so many words?"

"Packers General Manager Brian Gutekunst acknowledged in a conversation with reporters today that the Packers won’t necessarily get a first-round pick from the Jets in the Rodgers trade, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network."

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    The number one person that wants the trade is Rodgers. What a shithead.
    We agree again, sort of. If in fact the trade goes through, as even I am expecting by maybe about 80-90%, then Rodgers definitely will be on my shit list, as he made that horrible statement on McAfee that made ya'all fools so happy and probably doomed Packer football for the foreseeable future. I have said, and I repeat, if he's playing for the Jets or anybody else, he becomes the enemy, and I hope he breaks his knees or gets otherwise career-ending injured.

No denying what he said, but I'm not completely sure he meant it - the reason I say "sort of". And I'm completely sure he won't retire and walk away from the $59 million - in which case he would be return to the Packers and be heartily welcomed by anybody who isn't stupider than even the worst of the shithead crowd.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    We agree again, sort of. If in fact the trade goes through, as even I am expecting by maybe about 80-90%, then Rodgers definitely will be on my shit list, as he made that horrible statement on McAfee that made ya'all fools so happy and probably doomed Packer football for the foreseeable future. I have said, and I repeat, if he's playing for the Jets or anybody else, he becomes the enemy, and I hope he breaks his knees or gets otherwise career-ending injured.

No denying what he said, but I'm not completely sure he meant it - the reason I say "sort of". And I'm completely sure he won't retire and walk away from the $59 million - in which case he would be return to the Packers and be heartily welcomed by anybody who isn't stupider than even the worst of the shithead crowd.

Your GM in his very own words.

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/s...80212155772930

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Sounds like Rodgers made it clear he wasn't committed to the Packers "in so many words?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    "Packers General Manager Brian Gutekunst acknowledged in a conversation with reporters today that the Packers won’t necessarily get a first-round pick from the Jets in the Rodgers trade, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network."
    gutey, the master of negotiations

who the hell comes out and says that in the middle of negotiations?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

who the hell comes out and says that in the middle of negotiations

Well, the Jets also came out and said "We won't talk to Lamar Jackson as we'd be negotiating in bad faith." WTF are these guys doing!

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

who the hell comes out and says that in the middle of negotiations?
    Some think that the 2 sides have agreed on compensation, the issue now being money.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen