Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Complicated Fella.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I have said, and I repeat, if he's playing for the Jets or anybody else, he becomes the enemy, and I hope he breaks his knees or gets otherwise career-ending injured.
    Gotta be careful with that, there might be a conditional pick so the Packers will do better if he doesn't suck.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    We agree again, sort of. If in fact the trade goes through, as even I am expecting by maybe about 80-90%, then Rodgers definitely will be on my shit list, as he made that horrible statement on McAfee that made ya'all fools so happy and probably doomed Packer football for the foreseeable future. I have said, and I repeat, if he's playing for the Jets or anybody else, he becomes the enemy, and I hope he breaks his knees or gets otherwise career-ending injured.

No denying what he said, but I'm not completely sure he meant it - the reason I say "sort of". And I'm completely sure he won't retire and walk away from the $59 million - in which case he would be return to the Packers and be heartily welcomed by anybody who isn't stupider than even the worst of the shithead crowd.
    If he's just showing up for the 59 million and doesn't want to be there, it's probably gonna be last year all over again, or worse....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Gutey said that he tried contacting Rodgers several times this offseason and he wouldn’t pick up the phone or call back. So gutey had to move on and do his job. Per Matt Schneidman.
    GOOD JOB GUTE AND WAY TO GROW SOME BALLS and deliver a GUTEBOOM

This has to drive that Tuesday Media Whore Karen Crazy as he's not controlling the narrative.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Sounds like Guter has acknowledged the Packers might not get a first round pick after all. So probably they have the outline of a deal in place and now must negotiate who's picking up how much tab. And there may be some compensation tied up in that - if we take on X number of dollars of the contract we get a first rounder, if we pick up X - minus Y we get a second, and so on, and probably they're negotiating the parameters. Sounds like Gute doesn't want to pick up as big a chunk of the tab as it would cost for that elusive first.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Hi everyone, I'm new to Packer Rats. I'm wondering if anyone else feels like the team is giving in by not getting that pick 13. Maybe it was wishful thinking, but I was really liking the idea of having both 13 and 15. It is possible we get a 1 next year but only if they do well enough if what I have read is correct and that would mean a much later pick in the round. With the Jets not having a whole lot of other QB options and continuing to invest so much in this season, I figured they would cave and give it up.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Packman View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to Packer Rats. I'm wondering if anyone else feels like the team is giving in by not getting that pick 13. Maybe it was wishful thinking, but I was really liking the idea of having both 13 and 15. It is possible we get a 1 next year but only if they do well enough if what I have read is correct and that would mean a much later pick in the round. With the Jets not having a whole lot of other QB options and continuing to invest so much in this season, I figured they would cave and give it up.
    Welcome to PackerRats SC Packman! Your post was not visible until now. Your account has been fully activated so feel free to dive right in. Let me know if any questions. MTP

Blog Entries

I kind of agree

I would make those shitbags sweat. And if they don't part with 13 hold out for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year.

If Karen does NOT play the second year take their 1st and give them back our 3rd cause Gutebag always drafts shit in round 3 anyways
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Greetings!

It's kind of a funny situation, Packers want him gone and Jets want him but he's 40 and stated in public he was 90% ready to retire so no team in the NFL is coughing up the 13th pick. Jet's QB situation is dire but GB doesn't want to eat that contract either. Green Bay can't feasibly cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Greetings!

It's kind of a funny situation, Packers want him gone and Jets want him but he's 40 and stated in public he was 90% ready to retire so no team in the NFL is coughing up the 13th pick. Jet's QB situation is dire but GB doesn't want to eat that contract either. Green Bay can't feasibly cut him.
    THAT is the situation in a nutshell.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Greetings!

Pretty much, yeah.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I suspect we'll get a second this year and a conditional that could go as high as a first next year We'll also pick up a good chunk of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I suspect we'll get a second this year and a conditional that could go as high as a first next year We'll also pick up a good chunk of cash.
    We can't afford to pick up any cash, so I doubt there is much in the way of that. A 2nd this year and a conditional 1st/2nd next year sounds about right.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    We can't afford to pick up any cash, so I doubt there is much in the way of that. A 2nd this year and a conditional 1st/2nd next year sounds about right.
    What do you mean by we can't afford? You mean we don't have cap space?

I think a second this year and a conditional 3rd that could turn into a 2nd next year. I don’t see a first in our future at all. He’s a 40 year old, declining, entitled prick with a horrible contract.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I would be more than happy with this.

Rodgers would have played another 3 years if they didn’t draft Love. He only wants out because of how drafting Love changes his situation with the team. I think they should have drafted a WR instead. Love might be good, but I personally don’t think it was worth wasting a pick on a Qb when your hall of famer still has 5+ years left and hasn’t hinted at retirement.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

That's the real Captain Obvious.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

As for the trade, they should get pick number 13. That’s it, no other picks. I don’t understand all the BS about getting a pick back if Rodgers plays only one year. Talk to him and ask him. If he doesn’t give a straight answer that’s your risk. Why do you want him so bad if you aren’t sure he will play more than one year? Maybe give your first round pick more than one year to prove himself?

So you can waste a first round pick on a Qb and move on from him after one year but you can’t give up one for one year? Why not…
    Last edited by PaCkFan_n_MD; 03-31-2023 at 08:14 PM.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    As for the trade, they should get pick number 13. That’s it, no other picks. I don’t understand all the BS about getting a pick back if Rodgers plays only one year. Talk to him and ask him. If he doesn’t give a straight answer that’s your risk. Why do you want him so bad if you aren’t sure he will play more than one year? Maybe give your first round pick more than one year to prove himself?

So you can waste a first round pick on a Qb and move on from him after one year but you can’t give up one for one year? Why not…
    Doesn't seem like a waste of a pick right now.